Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

This was featured on the Disney Parks Blog:
    Looking Back at D23 EXPO 2015 Disney Theme Park Merchandise « Disney Parks Blog

These were featured during the D23 Expo, and the first image shows all of the official park posters for the U.S. and Overseas Disney theme parks and resorts. And two of them feature Duffy and ShellieMay (both are presented for Hong Kong Disneyland's 10th Anniversary) and one featuring himself for Aulani.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• These were featured on Hong Kong Main Street Gazette's Facebook page:

Photo #1: https://www.facebook.com/hkmsg/photo...type=3&theater
      Photo #2:
      https://www.facebook.com/hkmsg/photo...type=3&theater
      Photo #3:
      Photo #4
      Last edited by MikkiMausu99; 09-14-2015, 05:22 PM. Reason: Adding links to their respective photos.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Duffy, the Disney Bear on Facebook (I think that's Aimster's page?) reported that the Shellie May book was spotted at Epcot. I think the rumors of Shellie May coming to the US parks in October are a lot more credible now. (Though ever since Cast Members started saying she'd launch this year AFTER someone saw the publishing notice for the book, I thought it was plausible.)

https://www.facebook.com/DuffyDisney...type=3&theater
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• I saw the Facebook post last night and went to look for the ShellieMay book on EBay. A Florida seller had some listed. I am curious to see this version of the story. Will there be a heart shell necklace? Probably not, right? I am not going to make it to Disneyland until later next month and will have to live vicariously thru your posts as the ShellieMay merch releases unfold (or don't, tho I live in hope)!

Comment

• Shellie May book is available at Wdw. Bought at the Studios today. No necklace.

Comment

• Shellie May book not available in Mousegears. Did finally locate in shop at entrance to Epcot.

Comment

• Well, I find the sudden arrival of Shellie May's book to be...baffling. But that's Disney for you - pull Duffy's meet-and-greet, then introduce new merchandise.
                *head shake*

Comment

• I too am confused. I have had two Cm assure me that Shellie May is coming.

Comment

• It kind of makes sense if they don't want to buy more walkabout costumes. It would be weird if you could buy both bears but only meet the male one...could even cause a little friction because it could be perceived as sexism... The smart thing would have been to rotate them out to increase demand for each, but Disney US doesn't think that way.

(The other bright thing would be a coordinated merchandise release with great maching costumes for both bears, but again, that's not how US Disney rolls. 50/50 chance they don't even announce her arrival at all. )
                    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

• Okay so the Shellie May book is available pretty much property wide. I have found the book in at least 2 parks and at least 1 resort. The store near the Duffy meet no longer has anything Duffy. It is all Star Wars. I have no idea what all this means.

Comment

• Just the book and no bear? that's confusing , I thought stores would reduce to carry Duffy stuff now that the meet and greet has ended, are the bear stuff going to be exclusive at some stores now?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
                          Just the book and no bear? that's confusing , I thought stores would reduce to carry Duffy stuff now that the meet and greet has ended, are the bear stuff going to be exclusive at some stores now?
                          I have no answer to that and neither does any CM's I have asked. I even tried peeking at a plan-o-gram a manager type was walking around with. The CM's I spoke with all seem to believe that the Shellie May book showing up indicates the plush will soon follow. From what i saw yesterday, I have not seen any real reduction in the amount of retail space devoted to Duffy (exception being the former Duffy store).

A few other things I don't understand:

There is no lack of Duffy items avail for sale. I personally saw Duffy merch is EVERY shop (except the former Duffy shop) in Future World. Mouse Gears still has a wall devoted to Duffy, yet no Shellie May book. This could indicate WDW plans to continue to sell Duffy items. But they did not do a Halloween Duffy(like they usually do), But they made a Duffy costume which echos Mickey.

If the selling of the Shellie May book is supposed to be a "test" of how well she will sell-it will be a disaster. The way the displays are set up lead one to failure. You have a shelf above and below the book of Duffy. Middle shelf has the Duffy book with the Shellie May books right at kids eye level. Children that see the book are going to want the bear. The only bear avail will be Duffy. Children will walk away disappointed.

And then of course there is the very real possibility that I have put more thought into this than the powers that be at Disney. To lend credit to that theory: the former Duffy shop in Epcot is now a Star Wars store. (There are no SW characters/attractions/rides in Epcot-therefore no need for a Star Wars store). The store does not fit with the theme of the area, and has nothing to do with the replacement character that will take over Duffy's meet and greet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                            It kind of makes sense if they don't want to buy more walkabout costumes.
                            You know, Eeee-va, that almost makes sense. Ah, Disney logic.

The sneak arrival of any Shellie May stuff is so weird and random. I'm checking out DCA tomorrow. It almost feels like they over-ordered for the Aulani or something.

The Shellie May book is also available on the West Coast, we picked it up in the Treasures in Paradise shop (at Disney California Adventure), not sure about other locations in the resort.
                            Last edited by mercy; 10-02-2015, 09:38 AM. Reason: The book is in California as well!

Comment

• I was at Disneyland tonight and they had 17 inch Shellie May for sale in the children's/baby shop on Main Street. I was shocked. The CM I asked said they just got her today.

Comment

• Thanks for the news! With the book appearing in the US, I honestly expected to see Shellie May at some point, and like I said, it kind of makes a twisted sense (in Disney US's cheap thinking) to remove Duffy's meet and greet if they are bringing Shellie May. Plus I just saw someone post today that Shellie May is in Paris. http://duffyloursdisney.fr/la-peluch...neyland-paris/

That said, seeing her in person must be something else! I want to know when/if she makes it to Downtown Disney in Anaheim; I assume it would be soon. As of this moment she's not on the Disney Store website.

My biggest question is when and if Disney will actually see fit to make the announcement that she's arrived; I'm still wondering if it will be "never."

Oh, and mmommie, I'd meant to say but never got around to it because I do not like the mobile version of MiceChat (and my phone screen is so small)...I think it is EXTREMELY LIKELY that you have put more thought into Duffy merchandising than Disney has. Absolutely more thought than they've put in for the past couple of years.
                                Last edited by Eeee-va; 10-05-2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Aaaaaa! It's happening! ShellieMay bear is in the U.S. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?? My first instinct is to run out to Aneheim to see what's going on...but I am determined to sit on my hands (and my wallet) until our not so spooky party date. DISNEY, IF YOU'RE LISTENING, my Duffy loving crew contains little ones, teenage girls, and grown ups of several generations anxiously awaiting fluffy cuddly ShellieMay BACKPACKS and WRISTBAGS and PASS CASES, oh my! Not to mention fashionable outfits. . and someone in particular has her little eye on the 'my first' bear...oooh...we can't wait!!!!!

Comment

• Anahem. Oh man. Sorry.

Comment

• Anaheim? I give up.

Comment

• Here I was thinking that I would have to wait until someday when I make it to Aulani in order to get a Shelllie May, but perhaps I won't have to wait that long. Although I still might because I actually wanted a 12" bear not a 17" to go along with my other two bears. Not sure if I should just roll with it and get a 17" or wait for an inevitable future 12" release.

Shellie May's US release is surprising, but not shocking, if that makes sense. To be honest, as a "girl" bear I think she will sell better than Duffy, as will any outfits they may release for her in the future. One only needs to step inside a Build-a-Bear store for proof of that.

Comment

• My friend is jealous of my Smiling Shellie May so I am hoping for a 9" bear! The proportions on my Smiling Shellie May and the 9" bear are different than a 12" bear. (9" bear is smaller than my Smiling Shellie May though...)

Comment

Working...
                                          X