Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's here!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Anyone seen interior photos of the storybook? I'm so curious…

Comment

• Originally posted by mmommie View Post

I have no answer to that and neither does any CM's I have asked. I even tried peeking at a plan-o-gram a manager type was walking around with. The CM's I spoke with all seem to believe that the Shellie May book showing up indicates the plush will soon follow. From what i saw yesterday, I have not seen any real reduction in the amount of retail space devoted to Duffy (exception being the former Duffy store).

A few other things I don't understand:

There is no lack of Duffy items avail for sale. I personally saw Duffy merch is EVERY shop (except the former Duffy shop) in Future World. Mouse Gears still has a wall devoted to Duffy, yet no Shellie May book. This could indicate WDW plans to continue to sell Duffy items. But they did not do a Halloween Duffy(like they usually do), But they made a Duffy costume which echos Mickey.

If the selling of the Shellie May book is supposed to be a "test" of how well she will sell-it will be a disaster. The way the displays are set up lead one to failure. You have a shelf above and below the book of Duffy. Middle shelf has the Duffy book with the Shellie May books right at kids eye level. Children that see the book are going to want the bear. The only bear avail will be Duffy. Children will walk away disappointed.

And then of course there is the very real possibility that I have put more thought into this than the powers that be at Disney. To lend credit to that theory: the former Duffy shop in Epcot is now a Star Wars store. (There are no SW characters/attractions/rides in Epcot-therefore no need for a Star Wars store). The store does not fit with the theme of the area, and has nothing to do with the replacement character that will take over Duffy's meet and greet.
        I had the same thoughts as Eeee-va… Great post, mmommie. Apparently we can't quote two people anymore…??

Also, can't expand the window for proper editing. Bummer.

Basically, I find it bizarre and funny that Duffy is still available everywhere except the store that had been dedicated to him. And that last paragraph about SW is simply perfection — and hilarious.

I'm sure Shellie will do well, but I hope she doesn't eclipse Duffy. Since the brand doesn't seem to be managed in any narrative way, I fear that's a real possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
          Anyone seen interior photos of the storybook? I'm so curious…
          I have bought several of the books this week. I can post some pictures. Is there anything specific you are looking for? (I have not read the book yet, my daughter read it as soon as we got out of the store LOL).

Comment

• Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
            Anyone seen interior photos of the storybook? I'm so curious…
            As mmommie said, I also have the book DuffyDaisuki - let either of us know what you are interested in.

Comment

• OMG! Shelliemay is at WDW my friend just got her and her Tinkerbell outfit

Comment

• There's also a Minnie outfit and Marie all $22

Comment

• Is she at Fun Finds or property wide?

Comment

• She said something about fun finds but got the tink outfit at MK and was heading to Epcot for the Minnie outfit I called this morning and there's tons of stuff coming she said a my first Shellie 12" plush Ariel outfit frozen outfit pjs holiday outfit and a deluxe boxed outfit and eventually the 12" flower and garden Shellie it showed her the skews but not pics yet

Comment

• Heading over tomorrow if anyone needs pics of anything-just let me know.

Comment

• I'm going Saturday 😊

Comment

• Wow! The outfits sound awesome! I did crumple and get the ShellieMay book from an eBay seller who sent it so so fast. The only Duffy book I own that is in Japanese is the Valentine's Day and White Day one. I only have images of the other Japanese bear books from the internet for comparison. Still, it seems to me that this new ShellieMay book is a lot closer to the original Japanese story. There are the colorful watercolor pictures showing the characters going about their day to day lives in TDS Cape Cod, eating treats out of the Sweet Duffy ceramic cups for breakfast, and Tippy Blue shows up all thru the story!!!! I particularly love that unidentifiable Disney-esq characters that look a little like Goofy and Clarabelle inhabit this Cape Cod as they did in the first TDS Duffy story. The story of the bear necklaces is in tact and there were moments ( esp when Duffy is throwing his bottle into the sea ) that feel like an awkward translation. I think adding to that feeling was the lack of backstory on the bottle necklace in the English version of these stories..so that without the previous context, we had one sentence to catch up. I noticed that both the English Duffy and ShellieMay 'birth stories' have 32 pages of print, not counting the pawprint in the front where you get to write your name. Making for 33 total pages...coincidence? Idk what it's like in the other parks but Disneyland sure loves it's 33s.

Comment

• Does anyone have any WDW ShellieMay pictures?

So upset we missed the WDW release by 3 days....I may need to make a weekend trip soon.

Comment

Heading over tomorrow if anyone needs pics of anything-just let me know.
                              I would like pics of everything!
                              Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

I have bought several of the books this week. I can post some pictures. Is there anything specific you are looking for? (I have not read the book yet, my daughter read it as soon as we got out of the store LOL).
                                I'd really like to compare the whole story, overall. So I'd like to see the full text and artwork. Since the TDS version is bilingual, I'm curious if they changed the language at all, and who is given credit for the story. And since I don't imagine the Message Bottle or Heart Cockle will be available in the US, I wonder if they'll change the artwork to omit these elements? And if they don't, if they'll credit the artist?

Comment

• Message bottle is in the story. Shellie May held a heart shaped box. Pulled out a heart shaped seashell from his traveling bag.

Comment

• Mickey is a sea captain he used to get lonely traveling on long voyages without many so many made a teddy bear to keep Mickey company making love the bear and named him Duffy Mickey and Duffy no visit exciting places all over the world making looks forward to returning home after the ship docks Mickey enjoys telling many about his adventures with Duffy he always brings many presents from faraway land deficits quietly and watches the two best friends talk he is happy for them but sometimes he gets lonely

Comment

• One night Duffy had an idea G I wish I had a best friend to Duffy thought we sure have fun stuff he sat down and wrote a letter to his would be best friend he described all the fun times that they would have together and feel the letter was fond wishes and love the next morning that he put the letter into a special little bottle with the string and then a gift that many had first given him. Then Duffy took it to the shore and made one final wish be my friend he said he tossed the bottle into the ocean hoping it would find someone special.

Comment

• The bottle drifted away from the shoreline and into the harbor where a post man named tippy blue spotted it. Tippy blue prided himself on being a helpful part of the Cape Cod Postal Service but he was always in a rush. Uh oh tippy blue said to himself it's Duffy's bottle better return it fast. Nearby making in many we're having a yummy breakfast on an outside patio tippy blue quickly flew toward them and gave them the bottle I found Duffy's bottle in the ocean tippy blue said then he flew off in a hurry before Mickey and Minnie could even say thank you.

Comment

• So...they seriously mentioned Cape Cod and TippyBlue specifically? That's rather shocking, and sad that they don't have the heart shell pendant or bottle necklace for sale at the parks.
                                          Meow

Comment

Working...
                                          X