Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing at Hollywood studios today, not even the book, not even a spot that looked like there was something there and was possibly pulled.

Nothing at the Boardwalk, only the book at Mousegears. mmommie, we bought 2 of the books at Mousegears last Saturday evening so that again is very weird that they weren't there when you were there. It's all a bit bizarre and frustrating.

Had a great time at the last 2 shows of Mulch, Sweat and Shears. Without MSS and the Osborne Spectacle of lights we have no reason to visit that park for 4 or 5 years.

Comment

• Ooooh and the plot thickens....... in playing with my new phone tonight, I downloaded the shopping app. The only Shellie May item that shows available is the book. Oddly enough two locations in the Studios show up as avail. One is where we first saw the books last week near Disney Jr and the other looks like the coffee place near the backlot, 2 locations in Epcot, Caribbean Beach, Pop and AOA, DTD-Christmas shop, 2 locations in MK, POR and FQ......... I am ready to present myself to management at WDW and just tell them I will handle the release of our beloved bear. I could not do any worse!

Comment

• There was a 12" predressed Shellie available at CBR today I have a pic but can't figure out how to post it. She has a pin trading pouch

Comment

• Originally posted by tink1223 View Post
          There was a 12" predressed Shellie available at CBR today I have a pic but can't figure out how to post it. She has a pin trading pouch
          Micechat does not have the proper "smiley" for my thoughts on that. (Memo to the Mouse-Get it together!) I "think" you can upload pics to photobucket and post that way.

Comment

• New 12" Shelliemay

Comment

• Thank you, Tink1223! She is darling and I want one. Sigh. Did you notice if she was $30?
              Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Yes she is $30 my friend picked one up for me yesterday

Comment

• The Christmas Holiday outfit from last year was at Hollywood Studios on Saturday.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Duffy xmas outfit.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	8415206
                  Last edited by rosewein59; 10-11-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rosewein59 View Post
                    The Christmas Holiday outfit from last year was at Hollywood Studios on Saturday.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n8415206[/ATTACH]
                    The Christmas outfit has been available all year at various places around property. It is also avail on the app is anyone is looking for it.

Comment

• I have to say the 12" Shellie May outfit seems kind of "random". I get that she's supposed to look like a tourist but at the same time the outfit doesn't look very artfully put together. However, I still kind of like it because 1, it's not a "costume", and 2, it looks like an outfit that I might put together on my own, LOL. However I would expect Disney to create something more coordinated.

It's also kind of strange that she has shoes, since I don't believe there have been any 12" bears with shoes thus far. Do the shoes have the Mickey paw print on the bottom?

The Minnie ears are adorable and I hope the pin trading bag opens up? Hopefully they are available at DL in December.

Comment

• I hadn't noticed, Diznygrl, but you're right; pre-dressed Shellie May isn't really "fashionable" per se. But I think that's what I like about her...she's dressed how a human would dress! I think the pin trading bag would be cuter as an over-the-shoulder and not a juryrigged fanny pack...but I wonder if an industrious Tender could fix that for her with a few snips. (Odds are that the bag doesn't open, but again, maybe a Tender could fix that.)

As Friends of Duffy the Disney Bear on Facebook posted, Disney announced ShellieMay's release. (No specific date as far as I can see, but we have a good idea of it. :P ) http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...rks-this-fall/

They call Shellie May Duffy's best friend but made a costume with Cinderella/Prince Charming. I'm not sure I can fault the concept EXACTLY, since there's a Mickey/Minnie costume for Duffy/Shellie May in TDS, which could also be interpreted as a "couples" costume. That said, the quality looks below Build-a-Bear's which is just sad.

Unfortunately (?), of all the items, the only ones I like at all are the 12" bear tink1223 already posted, and the pillow pet is fine. (Odd that they got rid of Duffy's but are now bringing out Shellie May's, though.) The pre-dressed bears with shoes (not sandals) have weirdly tiny feet and the costumes just seem off to me. I'm not amused at all by the cheerleader; ick. :P I mean, I guess they get a lot of cheer groups in the parks for the parade filming in November so it was a calculated move, but...ick. I don't see a 9" bear yet, but maybe for Christmas.

Of note:

Steven Miller on October 12th, 2015 at 10:21 am jennifer – Wouldn’t that be something? Sadly, there are no immediate plans for Gelatoni. Makes me want to go to Tokyo Disney Resort though.
                        (EDIT: Golly that smiley got big and creepy. Oh MiceChat)
                        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

• Disney Parks blog just announced ShellieMay! No Gelatoni.

Comment

• Was just going to post LOL
                            http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...rks-this-fall/

Finally an announcement, but...... Prince Charming is cute (huge fan in this house). Double box sets would be cool. But that Cinderella is blah! The cheerleader looks so Build a bear. And Minnie's bow? Really Disney, you can't get MINNIE MOUSE's BOW right? crying......

WAIT there has to be more..... where is the Tinkerbell? The Minnie Mouse shown is a dressed bear, wasn't there supposed to be a Minnie Mouse outfit?

Comment

• The cheerleader outfits are better at Build A Bear. Glad that Duffy and Shellie May can fit those BAB outfits.
                              So I guess from the photos that the bow on Shellie May is removable? Is it sewn on or velcro?

Comment

• All the outfits just look cheap to me 😕 There is the tink Marie and princess Minnie outfit that aren't mentioned in the article but I was given sku numbers for. There was also a sku for a holiday outfit as well but I didn't get that one. I want some Shelliemay ears!

Comment

• Originally posted by tink1223 View Post
                                  All the outfits just look cheap to me 😕 There is the tink Marie and princess Minnie outfit that aren't mentioned in the article but I was given sku numbers for. There was also a sku for a holiday outfit as well but I didn't get that one. I want some Shelliemay ears!
                                  I too was given SKU numbers for things that are not listed in that story. There HAS to be more. They are saving the best for last right?

Comment

• I sure hope so because so far I'm not really impressed not that I expected to be though. I am looking forward to the 12" my first Shelliemay bear

Comment

• Originally posted by dazyhill View Post
                                      So I guess from the photos that the bow on Shellie May is removable? Is it sewn on or velcro?
                                      I don't speak French, but the auto-translate of the page at https://www.facebook.com/duffyloursd...31494726903369 seemed to indicate that Shellie May's bow has 2 ear elastics and then the bow is sewn on (presumably easy to remove but it's sewn on to keep it from falling off). Her ears look fine in the French photos but on the Disney website they do look squished.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post

I don't speak French, but the auto-translate of the page at https://www.facebook.com/duffyloursd...31494726903369 seemed to indicate that Shellie May's bow has 2 ear elastics and then the bow is sewn on (presumably easy to remove but it's sewn on to keep it from falling off). Her ears look fine in the French photos but on the Disney website they do look squished.

That's how the ones at HKDL and Aulani are. Her bow has elastics on either side for the ears instead of a "headband" type elastic like TDS does. It makes the bow site straight up on her head instead of more flat. I prefer the TDS version myself. My Aulani ShellieMay hasn't worn her original bow since the day she mysteriously arrived in the mail.

Comment

• Oooooooooooh! The pillow pets!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X