No announcement yet.

New Duffy Merchandise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just found out Shellie May is in the states and there is a Minnie princess outfit. I hope they have it when I go because I have a keychain version that I got when I first went to Disney, I currently have the same one on my Disney vans backpack because WHO NEEDS A PURSE?

Comment

• I'm very tempted to just buy the Day at the Park Shellie online, because I won't be going to DL until December and I'm afraid there won't be any there by then. In fact I haven't even seen any confirmation that she's even available at DL, just the cheerleader bear. I REALLY wanted to pick out my own bear this time, but...sigh what to do, what to do...

Comment

• Without discounts, Day at the Park ShellieMay (I think "tourist" is better LOL) is cheaper online. But, my (severely discounted) 12" Duffy from the Disney Store Online has an extremely crooked nose, so there's certainly risk.

The Disney Store website says you can return items bought online to any Disney Store. Do you have a Disney Store nearby? If so, then if the return policy is true, then with free shipping, there's very little risk to buying one online. (Or even buying two and playing Shellie's Choice, but that's not very nice. :P ) I don't blame you for wanting to get one in person, though, Diznygrl There's no telling when/how things will arrive and/or sell out at Disneyland, but it sure would be sweet if you could pick out ShellieMay on your own...

Returns or exchanges of merchandise purchased from DisneyStore.com can be made to any Disney Store location in the continental United States in accordance with the in-Store Return Policy, excluding Personalized Items, Art, Limited Edition items (excluding apparel), Vinylmation, Mirrors, Electronics, Indoor and Outdoor Furniture, and Special Order merchandise. All returns must have the original packing slip/receipt with the merchandise to be returned or exchanged.
        And oh my goodness! I so feel like this should have been Duffy. :P

http://www.disneystore.com/newsboy-p...89096/1000267/
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• I brought home a 12" cheerleader ShellieMay bear from Disneyland and undressed her...and her arms are shaped differently than the other bears on account of the pom pom waving pose. More like the puppet bears. Of course I love her. She practically jumped off of the shelf and into my arms. Usually I take forever to choose a new member of my bear family!!! (I remember once my sister shoved a big Duffy pillow pet into my arms and said "just hold him and see if you bond with him!" She is so sneaky. She bought him for me that night)!!! Anyway, I just wanted to mention that because it does seem to me that the "Tourist Shellie" (lol) is possibly a companion to the "WDW Guest Duffy"... and only available at the Florida parks? I could be wrong and we may see her in CA yet...but if you are thinking of undressing the " Cheer Bear" (lol lol) be warned about the puppety arms. With my love at first sight bear, open arms are all the better to hug with...

Comment

• Eeee-va, Duffette is also a heavily discounted 2011 bear that I bought online about the same time you bought yours, so I guess you could say they're related, hehe. The store ended up sending me a pretty good looking bear, so in that instance I got lucky.

shellie may, you're probably right about Tourist Shellie being a companion to the Tourist Duffy in WDW (never understood why they didn't make a DL version??) and so there might not be plans to bring that Shellie here. I probably will be forced to buy one online. Knowing me though, even if the Shellie they send me isn't "perfect" I'd feel bad about sending her back so I'd still keep her and love her. Well, provided that she doesn't have her eyeballs sewed to the back of her head or something, LOL.

That's interesting about the arms on the cheerleader bear. It never even occurred to me that they would be different from the normal arms. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Yeah, Diznygirl, I have a gaggle of deeply discounted Duffy bears (I got 3 total from 2011 and then a bunch from 2014 that I figured I could make clothes for and maybe sell...ha ha ha yeah I'm lazy :P ). The first one I got, and the one I paid the most for, has a crooked nose, poor guy. But I got attached anyway. The other 2 I got online were fine, as were the ones I got at the Disney Store Outlet near me.

An image search of the Disney Store website DOES come up with a Disneyland Resort version of the Duffy that shellie may referenced, at least, over here. I don't think the Disneyland version was anywhere near as widespread, though. I wonder if making ShellieMay non-park-specific was strategic.

http://cdn.s7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/7512055880174?$yetidetail$

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                Without discounts, Day at the Park ShellieMay (I think "tourist" is better LOL) is cheaper online.
                How does that make any kind of sense??

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                And oh my goodness! I so feel like this should have been Duffy. :P

http://www.disneystore.com/newsboy-p...89096/1000267/
                Does that FIT Duffy? Or Gelatoni? It's great! I'm actually tempted!

Comment

• *must resist the Newsies bear* *must resist the Newsies bear* *must resist the Newsies bear*

It says he's only 14 1/2 inches high, including the cap, so I'm going to say probably no.
                  But the whole outfit is adorable and Eeee-va's right...should have been a Duffy!

Comment

• Looking at the cuffs, I'm not confident the clothes are even removable, unleas I missed a note in the description. I've seen similar ensembles for Build a Bear on eBay sans the cheap printed newsbag, though.
                    Last edited by Eeee-va; 10-29-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• If we are talking about the tourist Shellie May, it looks to me that her clothes could be snipped and removed. Disclaimer..... I did not buy her, but wanted to make sure she was all fur bodied and not the horrible faux clothed bear.

Comment

• Thanks very much, mmommie! I'm hoping to buy a tourist Shellie May someday, so it's good to know I can probably make new clothes for her. But I was talking about the Newsies non-Duffy bear; I linked to it a ways up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                          Thanks very much, mmommie! I'm hoping to buy a tourist Shellie May someday, so it's good to know I can probably make new clothes for her. But I was talking about the Newsies non-Duffy bear; I linked to it a ways up.
                          Sorry, I was on a gadget-made it hard to read the whole post. Not loving the new Micechat

Comment

• Well, looks like I waited too long as both the 17" and 12" ShellieMays are no longer listed on Disneystore.com. Hard telling when they will restock.

Also looks like the online price of Duffy has been bumped up to the $33 he now sells for at the parks.

Comment

• The yourwdwstore.com place is carrying the 12" Shellies right now but generally charges about $10 more per item. I noticed also the yourwdw is currently out of the Duffy backpacks and the backpacks are currently discounted on the disneystore site. Maybe last call for that little guy? I have found him to be such a wonderful companion at the parks. My other bears can have a rest and I can have both hands free !

Comment

• This was featured on Hong Kong Main Street Gazette's Facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/home.php#!/hk...pe=3&source=48

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• This was featured in Hong Kong Main Street Gazette's Facebook page last week and here is the image:

As part of the park's 10th Anniversary celebrations, new merchandise is being released. One of them is a series of Tsum Tsum being released, two of them featuring Duffy and ShellieMay.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                  Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                  :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Ok, I have to make an observational comment. I don't quite understand why Duffy Tsum Tsum have been so embraced in Hong Kong and have never been released in Japan. I don't get it. Why HKDL gets Duffy Tsum Tsum and TDR and Japan see absolutely nothing.

Also, is it just me, or are the Duffy releases at HKDL sort of weird? I mean, they are kind of cute, but at the same time, lesser derivatives of anything that TDS has released. I admire that HKDL tries, but if you put things side-by-side, there is no comparison. It's strange though, I like that HKDL is obviously putting some effort into creating new costumes for Duffy and ShellieMay, but something is lacking. There's an intangible "specialness" that is missing. The Christmas costumes are cute, but at the same time, odd. Duffy wearing jean shorts with a sweater? The quasi-Home Sweet Christmas looks, but not quite? The middle ground that HKDL likes to strike between bland Disney costumes and OLC designed fantasticness. And please don't think I'm being snobbish about it. I just want Disney to create something with a more cohesive aesthetic that doesn't even have to match OLC levels of quality, but does something uniquely their own. I feel like HKDL has not broken free of that, they are relying on previous OLC designs, but making cheaper, less interesting versions of them rather than creating their own designs. Although with the HKDL 10th anniversary, we are approaching that.
                                    Meow

Comment

• A Simba outfit is well overdue at this point!!

Comment

• I almost find Hong Kong releases worse than US releases because there's just so much of it. With the US, you can be kind of totally dismissive about it. "That's not Duffy. Move on." But with Hong Kong, because they use them so much and just mix them up with all the other characters, it actively erodes the unique traits that define Duffy. It muddies the characters and the brand, the identity. It's frustrating to the point that I kind of wish HKDL would just stop.

I've never been there, so I don't really know, but the way they've handled Duffy and ShellieMay really makes me feel like the characters there are "theme park characters," like if they were characters for a zoo or a restaurant or something. There's something hollow to me about the approach. "Hollow" is the opposite of Duffy. Duffy is stuffed full of good stuff.

Comment

• I am also really shocked at the Tsum Tsum thing in HKDL. The fact that they had Duffy and ShellieMay, and they have consistently released different holiday and themed versions of them, while they don't exist at all in Japan (where Tsum Tsum originated) is so odd to me. Why would Japan not have Duffy Tsum Tsum first, and why would they now still not make him available in his home country? It makes me wonder if OLC really does have some kind of clause that Duffy cannot be made for sale in any form outside of the parks in Japan (the bootleg claw machines don't count). And, unlike when Duffy came to the U.S. again and was sold in Disney Stores; Duffy in Japan has never ever been sold at Disney Stores. I believe that's why UniBEARsity exists at all, to capitalize on the Duffy craze because they couldn't sell him directly in the stores. I would LOVE to know the business behind these decisions, and why Duffy is treated so exclusively in Japan, but not elsewhere around the world.
                                          Meow

Comment

Working...
                                          X