Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Originally posted by tony609 View Post
    For those interested...BAB is releasing Snoopy (to stuff) on Sept.16 and there is an aviator outfit coming with him too! Not sure which will be better BUT I believe it has a red scarf and goggles.
    VERY interested. Thanks for the heads-up!^^

Comment

I actually posted about the Snoopy stuff in the BAB costume thread last week.

Comment

So on Duffy's Facebook page they posted this photo of him in his Moukeketeer costume:

It looks better on him than I was expecting!

Comment

Adorable! I haven't particularly cared for any of Disney's official (U.S.) Duffy clothes so far, but I really like this one!

Comment

Thought these were interesting. There are pressed pennies at Epcot of Duffy. I would like to know where these are since I'm there at least once a week and didn't know about these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pressedpennies.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	7336116
            Attached Files

Comment

OMG I want the pressed pennies! I'll bet they got machines in each of the World Showcase countries. You just need to seek them out. And when all else fails, keep asking CM's until you're pointed in the right direction.

Comment

I will check on Thursday. I'll also see if the Mickey Mouse Club outfit is in. I checked yesterday and they didn't have it.

Comment

Who else wants Shelly May over here ASAP

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                  Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                  :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    So on Duffy's Facebook page they posted this photo of him in his Moukeketeer costume...

It looks better on him than I was expecting!
                    Higher quality looking fabrics, including what looks like ribbing on the cuffs, plus great color balance with comforting textures. Add the light-up effect and they have really brought this one home. It's not to my taste, but it's a job well done. Bravo, Disney! Keep it up!^^

---------- Post added 09-07-2011 at 03:46 PM ----------

Originally posted by updebrooke View Post
                    Thought these were interesting. There are pressed pennies at Epcot of Duffy. I would like to know where these are since I'm there at least once a week and didn't know about these.
                    Aww, man...I would actually really like to have a set of those...

Comment

I wonder if Duffy's just wearing the prototype version in that photo, it's different from the one shown at D23, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it's the final design.

edit: nevermind, haha I can see now it is the final design and it does look nice.
                      Last edited by Ursulalvr; 09-07-2011, 01:27 AM.
                      Poor unfortunate Souls.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
                        Who else wants Shelly May over here ASAP
                        Well, considering I already have a Shellie May (as do a lot of the posters in this forum do now)... I'd like them to bring her over here so the people who can't get to Japan or can't afford ebay or DuffyPost can get one. I know the little girl my mom sometimes babysits wants one more than anything to go with her Duffy, but my mom isn't interesting in spending the money on someone who isn't family (she got her her a Duffy when they were $25 and sent it to her as a Christmas present). I have a feeling once my mom sees my Shellie May, she's going to want one for herself, one way or another. :lol:

Comment

On Presscoins.com they have a list of all the Duffy coins and where to find them. They all seen to be in their countries of origin. They are adorable!!!!!
                          sigpic

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just got back from Epcot and I found the pennies. The only 2 that I did not get is the England one because it was out of order and the safari Duffy, since it is at Animal Kingdom. I did not see any new merchandise that was shown at the D23 Expo. Hopefully soon....

Comment

There is a post on the Disney Blogs about Duffy and the outfits coming out. They are supposed to come out in October. They are also going to have Duffy dressed up in his pumpkin outfit at his meet and greet. He looks pretty cute.

Comment

Can you post a link to the blog post?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Updebrooke!

Here's the link:
                                  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/duffy-the-disney-bear-is-ready-for-halloween-at-disney-parks/

I
                                  'm glad that Monty Maldovan at least acknowledges that the pumpkin design came from Tokyo. He's up front about it anyway. And, although they may not have offered a 12" pre-dressed Duffy in Japan, they sure did release a LOT of other things with the pumpkin costume. Like the little plush straps, charms, towels, etc. So, yeah, TDS didn't get one Duffy item, but I think they more than made up for it.

I will say, it's great to see the US finally dressing the walkaround Duffy in seasonal costumes, and giving his greeting spot an overlay. Every little bit helps.

That Sorcerer Mickey costume looks great! So far it's my favorite. The hat fits Duffy very well, and the lights are a bonus. The quality looks much improved. This costume will go great with my "Be Magical!" sorcerer costumes!

The aviator costume is good too, and I'll probably buy that one. Even if the goggles are not hard plastic...
                                  Meow

Comment

I definitely like the look of that sorcerer costume. Looks way better than I was expecting. Hopefully this is a trend in Disney improving the quality of his costumes here in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                                      I'm glad that Monty Maldovan at least acknowledges that the pumpkin design came from Tokyo. He's up front about it anyway. And, although they may not have offered a 12" pre-dressed Duffy in Japan, they sure did release a LOT of other things with the pumpkin costume. Like the little plush straps, charms, towels, etc. So, yeah, TDS didn't get one Duffy item, but I think they more than made up for it...
                                      Yeah, I took pause at the way that was presented, too. Including the bit about Duffy's "new costume" for meet-and-greets. I mean, I guess there are multiple ways to take that, but one of the ways makes it sound original...which I don't think it is on any level.

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                                      I will say, it's great to see the US finally dressing the walkaround Duffy in seasonal costumes, and giving his greeting spot an overlay. Every little bit helps.

That Sorcerer Mickey costume looks great! So far it's my favorite. The hat fits Duffy very well, and the lights are a bonus. The quality looks much improved. This costume will go great with my "Be Magical!" sorcerer costumes!

The aviator costume is good too, and I'll probably buy that one. Even if the goggles are not hard plastic...
                                      On the whole, though, all of these releases display an improved commitment to quality, the Sorcerer one perhaps even reaching Tokyo standards by merit of innovating and doing something new. I'm actually impressed.^^

I was a bit surprised, though, when Monty Maldovan made a point of mentioning, "The goggles are my favorite feature. I wasn’t sure how they would look when designing the costume, but I’m thrilled how they turned out." I find this really odd, since they are clearly inferior to quite a few other teddy bear aviator goggles and, aside from the pockets, the obvious weak link in this design.

And again, I just can't help wondering why it's appropriate for us to know Monty Maldovan's name and see him interviewed for his work while the Japanese storybook authors and artists who named Duffy and gave him his soul still remain uncredited and unsung. The incredible Japanese costume design team who have perhaps created their best Halloween line yet get no love for their contributions, without which the US Duffy team simply would not exist. It bugs me more and more all the time.

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                      I definitely like the look of that sorcerer costume. Looks way better than I was expecting. Hopefully this is a trend in Disney improving the quality of his costumes here in the States.
                                      Still, that Sorcerer does indeed exceed expectations and all the costumes taken as a whole have me feeling hopeful about Duffy's global future.

Comment

I'm hoping the sorcerers Apprentice will be availableafter Halloween.

Comment

If only they had a WHOLE tore dedicatdto Duffy !! The americans aren't that crazy about this Bear !!!

Ask the Japanese Tourists when they go to WDW or DL and they re able to buy more than 2 bears per person ahahaha !!!
                                          HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X