Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

New Duffy Merchandise

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Stopped by DCA this afternoon and spotted the new Christmas outfit. Not sure if it has been discussed here already, but it is a 3-piece set with Santa Hat, T shirt and pants. Nice that they are now doing separates.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

Originally posted by malice View Post
      Stopped by DCA this afternoon and spotted the new Christmas outfit. Not sure if it has been discussed here already, but it is a 3-piece set with Santa Hat, T shirt and pants. Nice that they are now doing separates.
      Wow, Christmas already?? They sure put that one out before all the other new ones, LOL! I'm glad it's separates though, that's a great start.
      Meow

Comment

Wow Christmas already? I woukd have thought the other two new costumes would be out first.
        Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Christmas? Really? Wow. Glad it's separates though. I hate how the other costumes are "onesies". So I can trade out the t-shirt on the Christmas one for a plain white shirt from BAB. Or pair the Christmas t-shirt with jeans. I like stuff you can mix & match.

Comment

Updebrooke, I can't help but ask, did your dog try to eat Duffy?

Comment

I forgot to post the pic from my phone:

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
                Updebrooke, I can't help but ask, did your dog try to eat Duffy?
                lol, no. He LOVES Duffy. He thinks Duffy his is. He's very possessive over him.

Comment

I have a miniature schnauzer that will actually eat a plush toy so Duffy almost never gets out of my room as my room is hardwood floor and she can't get on my bed.

Comment

I like the t-shirt of the Christmas costume but that is about it. I hate when that happens, I stand infront of the item going are you really going to buy it just for .....? lol

Updebrooke, is it your Westie that's after your Duffy? I have two Westies. Great dogs. One of them will eat anything, like paper clips, can't imagin that tasting good but ok. So I keep things away from them. I tell Otis, the one who eats paper clips that he shouldn't just eat anything he comes across. He just looks at me so cutely and o know he's thinking, Who? Me? lol

Comment

Even when I had a dog, she knew enough to not touch my stuffed animals when I was a kid. She had enough of her own doggie toys. Now, my cats are curious... when Duffy and/or Shellie May are on the floor or on the couch, they'll approach and give a cursory sniff, but then wander off. I know the younger cat (the little butterball) has a eye on my little plushie Duffy magnets & keychain, so I keep those well out of reach on the top shelf of the bookcase I keep my Duffy collection on now. I see him even put his paws on the lowest shelf, I holler and he takes off running because he KNOWS he's not supposed to. :lol: But they behave themselves when I'm a work, so I don't come home to an apartment of ripped apart plushies. I know to keep them well out of "thunder butt's" reach.

Comment

You're cat's name is "Thunder Butt"?? That's funny and cute...but hopefully not a descriptive name, or that could be trouble, LOL!
                        Meow

Comment

No his name isn't Thunder Butt! :lmao:

His name is Chandler. But he's a little butterball. He thinks he has to eat the second I put food in the bowl or else it will disappear... and he's ALWAYS hungry. You should hear him when I get the kitty treats out and go "Who wants yum-yums?" (MEOW! MEOOOW! MEOW!), so I call him "thunder butt". Fat is he is though, he's quick and he LOVES to play and is always running around. He loves playing "fetch" with fuzzy craft pom-poms and little stuffed toys (like Teeny Beanie Baby size... looking forward to this year's Jingle Beanies to come out and hopefully they'll have another snowman because he's ripped apart his last 3 from playing with them so hard).

Comment

Originally posted by Janell View Post
                            I like the t-shirt of the Christmas costume but that is about it. I hate when that happens, I stand infront of the item going are you really going to buy it just for .....? lol
                            That is my endless issue. I always love bits and pieces and it's rare I like the whole thing XD But I can't always justify the price...

Comment

I strongly dislike the new christmas costume. I just feel like it is incredibly uninspired, and a bit on the tacky side.

sigpic
                              Love for all and all for love

Pluto's #1 fan!

Duffy + Disney Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by LilTeacup View Post
                                I strongly dislike the new christmas costume. I just feel like it is incredibly uninspired, and a bit on the tacky side.
                                I feel the same way, I only like dressing my bears in stylish, elegant clothes and to me, that costume really screams TACKY, it's just bad bad BAD. Oh Disney...

---------- Post added 09-14-2011 at 06:11 PM ----------

I also really hope Tokyo improves their designs from last year cause I gotta say, last year's christmas ones, to me, were also kinda tacky, especially the Hello from Cape Cod versions.

haha it's almost like christmas brings out the tacky parade! LOL
                                Poor unfortunate Souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursulalvr View Post
                                  I feel the same way, I only like dressing my bears in stylish, elegant clothes and to me, that costume really screams TACKY, it's just bad bad BAD. Oh Disney...

---------- Post added 09-14-2011 at 06:11 PM ----------

I also really hope Tokyo improves their designs from last year cause I gotta say, last year's christmas ones, to me, were also kinda tacky, especially the Hello from Cape Cod versions.

haha it's almost like christmas brings out the tacky parade! LOL
                                  Actually, this year's US Christmas costume is basically last year's Hello From Cape Cod costume. The only difference is that instead of the fur vest & scarf, we get a t-shirt. The overalls and hat look the same.
                                  Meow

Comment

Steve Miller at Disney Merchandising responded to a comment I made on the blog about Duffy's costumes:

The Mickey Mouse Club costume that was recently shown on the official Facebook fan page for Duffy the Disney Bear will appear in early 2012. There are several other costumes being introduced next year, including one that is very strong in The Force But that’s another story…
                                    So there's conformation right there more costumes are coming next year, including one that sounds like it will be Star Wars related... probably a Jedi costume. Too bad I already have a Jedi costume from BAB.

Comment

I really do like that costume y'all posted from last year's Christmas at Tokyo and here's why;

A:Even though it is a simple costume, it is expertly executed and utilizes high quality materials for something that is going to be mass produced.

B: I feel that they made a Christmas staple (Caps, scarves, vests..) elegant and perfectly sweet.

C: In art, I have learned so much about texture. That fluffy white style makes me want to grab them and give em a big hug (How most of us feel about Duffy and Shellie May). I dont want to touch or feel any of that christmas stuff Disneyland and Disneyworld will be releasing. I think it would feel scratchy and sweaty and hot, which automatically turns me off of a new product.

sigpic
                                      Love for all and all for love

Pluto's #1 fan!

Duffy + Disney Tumblr

Comment

I have some questions.

My cousin is going to LA (work trip) and there's a chance that she is going to DL or DCA in her days off, she is asking if I want something.

So I want to know wish new costumes are available and the names of the stores were they sell them, for what I remember Duffy stuff in DL is exclusive to some stores? unlke WDW were you can find him even at the hotel shops.

I like the pirate one, is still available?
                                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
                                          I have some questions.

My cousin is going to LA (work trip) and there's a chance that she is going to DL or DCA in her days off, she is asking if I want something.

So I want to know wish new costumes are available and the names of the stores were they sell them, for what I remember Duffy stuff in DL is exclusive to some stores? unlke WDW were you can find him even at the hotel shops.

I like the pirate one, is still available?
                                          The store with all the Duffy Merch is found at Treasures in Paradise at DCA in Paradise Pier.

Some stores in both park carry Duffy but have a limited amount of outfits available.

The shop in Main Street next to the Magic shop is considered (at least me) the DL place for Duffy.

The World of Disney Store at DtD also has Duffy but again, small outfit selection.

Pirate outfit is still available. Best place to get it is at Treasures in Paradise.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                                          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                                          Indy Ride Count: 2211
                                          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Working...
                                          X