Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Originally posted by updebrooke View Post
    Here is a cute Holiday set that is set to be released on Nov. 25th at Epcot. Only thing though it is limited to 300.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14700[/ATTACH]
    Can anyone tell me what country the lower-left one is supposed to be? I am GUESSING the top ones are England and Canada and the bottom right is America?
    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
      Can anyone tell me what country the lower-left one is supposed to be? I am GUESSING the top ones are England and Canada and the bottom right is America?
      Bottom left is France, and bottom right is Norway (You are correct about England and Canada). Duffy is dressed like the four "Santas" from those countries who do presentations in World Showcase during the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
        Bottom left is France, and bottom right is Norway (You are correct about England and Canada). Duffy is dressed like the four "Santas" from those countries who do presentations in World Showcase during the holidays.
        Norway's Santa doesn't look very santa-y, LOL. Thank you for the info! I've only spent about .6 days in Epcot and it was not during Christmas.
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

There's a new promo T-shirt for Duffy, not sure what a festival of master is but here's the pic

Wall Photos | Facebook
          sigpic

Comment

Im not sure either. What I don't get is the tshirt is for the 12" bear which comes with most of the costumes already sewed on. So how do guest dress him up in the free shirt?
            Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

"Festival of the Masters" is an art fair they have at Downtown Disney each year. You can browse local and non-local artists who set up shop around the walkways.
              Meow

Comment

Originally posted by Janell View Post
                Im not sure either. What I don't get is the tshirt is for the 12" bear which comes with most of the costumes already sewed on. So how do guest dress him up in the free shirt?
                The ones that wear the hoodies (the WDW 40th Anniversary and 2011 ones), you can take those off. I do that sometimes with my WDW 40th Duffy when he wants to run around "naked". Right now he's still wearing his cow costume though.

I agree shirts for the 12" bears is just odd, but they did say the shirt is free only when you buy a WDW 40th or 2011 12" Duffy.

Comment

I kind of wish they would stop pre-dressing the 12" bears and start creating separate 12" outfits like they do with the 17" ones...but that's just me.

Comment

I wish they'd do away with the pre-dressed 12" bears in general and concentrate on better quality costumes for the 17" bears.

Comment

I agree with getting ride of the 12" bears and doing better quality, better design of costumes.
                      Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        I wish they'd do away with the pre-dressed 12" bears in general and concentrate on better quality costumes for the 17" bears.
                        Yes, this!
                        Meow

Comment

Just got the aviator and the sorcerer outfits. They are sooo cute. In fact, they sold out of the sorcerer outfit. This was at the Duffy store at Epcot. I think the quality is really nice on the sorcerer.

---------- Post added 11-13-2011 at 05:34 PM ----------

Has anyone seen this? They have a Santa Duffy at Epcot. I thought this was retty cool.

Disney 2012 Christmas Duffy mickey bear 12" duffy bear Mickey theme park NEW | eBay

Comment

Ok now THAT is cute.

Comment

Looks like Disney heard my yells! Haha, but still, don't like 12" bears. Design is cute, but quality still looks sub-par. And has anyone notices, Disney's releases have been so generically american. Nothing really original, rabbit for Easter, Santa for Christmas, pumpkin for Halloween, etc. Not really much imagination compared to the TDS costumes.
                              Poor unfortunate Souls.

Comment

That auction is not a new Santa bear. The seller has the older brown Disney bear in the same exact outfit. It is a very misleading auction to say the least. The tag on the hat even says Santa Mickey Mouse plush and is the older round tag.

Comment

Well, that is so wrong!

Comment

I hate deceptive people like that!

Comment

Well, no matter what, l think that costume is very cute. It would match my Santa Duffy very much. :thumbup: But I don't have enough money in my piggy bank.
                                      "Some people would want to change their life, I would never."

Comment

Hey guys, I thought you might be interested in hearing some insight on the quality of the US costumes straight from Monty Maldovan himself (via a comment he made in response to a comment I made on a mutual friend's Fabcebook feed):

Thanks Amy, we have been working on the quality of the U.S. Costumes. Not sure we will ever reach the quality of the Japan costumes but I'm trying. We have a lot more saftey restrictions on our plush than they do in Japan. Plus we don't "age grade" our plush. What this means is that when ever I'm designing plush, I have to keep in mind that the plush could be purchased for an infant and placed in a crib. That means, no real buttons, or small parts that could be swallowed. Plus, this also restricts certain types of "rich" looking fabrics. It's tough. Many times, what I design rarely comes out the way i had invistioned because of all the rules and restrictions I have to abide by. But sometimes, in the case of the Sorcerer costume, (thanks for the love) it does work out the way I want. Thanks for all your support on the U.S. Duffy. We have some fun stuff coming up that I think you'll love.
                                        So there you have it... they don't add real buttons or stuff like that here because of the choking hazard (because overall, the human race is, well, stupid. Yes I said it, sue me. ). But I did respond to him mentioning how some clothing items from Build A Bear have real buttons and small stuff that could be a "choking hazard". Will let you guys know how/if he responds as I'm curious myself. But overall, I think that this proves Monty does "get it" when it comes to Duffy, it's just the suits and the legal stuff that prevents his designs from coming out the way he would really like them to. But it does sound like they're trying to move in the right direction with better quality costumes, despite the limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                          Hey guys, I thought you might be interested in hearing some insight on the quality of the US costumes straight from Monty Maldovan himself (via a comment he made in response to a comment I made on a mutual friend's Fabcebook feed):

So there you have it... they don't add real buttons or stuff like that here because of the choking hazard (because overall, the human race is, well, stupid. Yes I said it, sue me. ). But I did respond to him mentioning how some clothing items from Build A Bear have real buttons and small stuff that could be a "choking hazard". Will let you guys know how/if he responds as I'm curious myself. But overall, I think that this proves Monty does "get it" when it comes to Duffy, it's just the suits and the legal stuff that prevents his designs from coming out the way he would really like them to. But it does sound like they're trying to move in the right direction with better quality costumes, despite the limitations.
                                          Thanks for the info. Yeah, I can imagine it being a tough job to make all of these outfits while keeping to what limitations and saftey things to adhere to. The recent costume releases for the US Duffy is getting to better quality (the aviator outfit and the sorcerors is a good start) and I have no doubt that they will be better soon.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                                          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                                          Indy Ride Count: 2211
                                          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Working...
                                          X