Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Yeah the 28" Duffy was originally like $75 and now $19.99 at the outlets. Part of me is tempted to get another one. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
      the Duffy Vinylmation is being released end of June.
      Ooo! I never got into Vinylmation collecting (other than a 9" blank I plan to paint *someday*) but I will definitely get a Duffy one! Thanks for the heads-up.
      AP holder since 2007

Comment

I want the 28" Duffy but my mom says i already have to many stuffed animal in my room that I have no where to put him so I don't think she'll buy him for me

Comment

I might need to get another bookcase to display my Duffy stuff on because the one I have now is pretty much full.

Comment

The Disney Parks blog posted photos of the Mad Hatter & Peter Pan costumes coming out later this year!

Duffy the Disney Bear Celebrates Father

I absolutely HATE that Father's Day t-shirt though. That's worse than the Mother's Day shirt they did last month. WTH? :blink:

But the costumes.... WINNING! OMG They are so awesome! Disney FINALLY got something right with the US costumes. I hope the final versions are what we see here because I am VERY impressed. And look at the Peter pan one... tights, shoes and accessories! Yeah I will be buying BOTH of these for sure!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	duh228973LARGE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	7343096Click image for larger version

Name:	popup.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	7343097 I have put my Duffy with his Peter Pan costume along side the new Peter Pan Duffy costume that is.supposed to come out. I personally like the BAB one cause it looks more like Peter's costume. hat do you guys think?

Comment

I really like the Peter Pan outfit! I can't say which I like better, the Disney or BAB one. I kind of prefer the fabric and definitely prefer the plain edging of Disney's, and I like that it doesn't have a picture of the character (I always hate when Halloween costumes have a picture of the character you're supposed to be dressed as; I think a good costume should speak for itself). But if the photo is accurate, the hat is the wrong color. I think the BAB shoes are nicer too, but Disney is not good with photos so it might look better in person. The Tink accessory is kind of cool.

Anyway, I'm not sure which outfit I like better. (But your Duffy is much cuter.) Thanks for the comparison!

I don't personally think the Mad Hatter outfit is any better than the Disney pirate costume. But I really like the looks of the pirate costume, so that's not a complaint so much as a "I don't see it as a step up from an older costume."

I actually don't hate the Father's Day shirt...it's certainly not high art but I thought it was playful, and I don't mind the Duffy logo (mostly because Duffy art is so cute!). Granted, the Mother's Day shirt had my expectations at basement-level.
                Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

I think Mad hatter costume looks son cheap!! come on Disney, you can do better, look Tokyo Disney costumes!

Comment

The Peter Pan costumes are about equal in my opinion. I have things I like and dislike about each. I just wish Disney would stop recreating what's already available at BAB. They did Buzz, and Woody, and now this one. I'm sure if ShellieMay were in the US, they would have done all the princess costumes too.

The Mad Hatter costume is a good idea, and I'm glad it's the "classic" version. I'm not crazy about the washed out colors, and the velour look to the coat (I don't like that about the Peter Pan shirt either). Still, it's at least cute.

I have seen Japanese fan creations that are leagues ahead of these designs though, especially the fan-made Mad Hatter costumes. They are very detailed.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 10:00 AM ----------

Oh, and the less said about the Father's day shirt, the better...
                    Meow

Comment

This is merely my personal opinion, but I kind if wish they would start doing more everyday clothes (with a Disney twist, of course) instead of just Halloween type costumes. But that's just me...I suppose my opinion really shouldn't count for much since I don't even own a 17" bear, hehe. But I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

That being said, the Hatter and Pan costumes look to be an improvement over what they've been offering lately. As a Tinker Bell fan, I love the little pixie dust pouch accessory.

Comment

^ I agree with you. I like to see everyday clothing too. I think OLC does a great job at mixing it up. I wonder if WDI doesn't because they feel their guest won't buy that or it's to close to BaB. BaB Disney inspired tshirts have been lacking in the last yr or so. In 2009 they had great tshirts with Disney on them and there was a new one every few months. Currently my Duffy is eating a BaB tshirt that says best friends on it with Pluto.
                        Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

I can definitely see why people want more casual Duffy wear! I'm afraid my bears love costumes because if I would love to wear a costume every day. )

But Disney casual outfits would be great!
                          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                            This is merely my personal opinion, but I kind if wish they would start doing more everyday clothes (with a Disney twist, of course) instead of just Halloween type costumes. But that's just me...I suppose my opinion really shouldn't count for much since I don't even own a 17" bear, hehe. But I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

That being said, the Hatter and Pan costumes look to be an improvement over what they've been offering lately. As a Tinker Bell fan, I love the little pixie dust pouch accessory.
                            I totally agree with you! Have you noticed that OLC has never produced a Disney character costume for Duffy? The closest they came were the Cast Member costumes from the 25th, but that's a bit different. They've basically created "everyday" clothes for the bears, although they are romanticized versions of things. Still, I love that about what they release in Japan.

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 09:38 AM ----------

Originally posted by Janell View Post
                            ^ I agree with you. I like to see everyday clothing too. I think OLC does a great job at mixing it up. I wonder if WDI doesn't because they feel their guest won't buy that or it's to close to BaB. BaB Disney inspired tshirts have been lacking in the last yr or so. In 2009 they had great tshirts with Disney on them and there was a new one every few months. Currently my Duffy is eating a BaB tshirt that says best friends on it with Pluto.
                            Well, I agree with you too. The thing is that if they are afraid to copy the BAB regular clothes, they obviously have no problem copying the BAB Disney character costumes. So far, they've recreated a few that BAB already makes.

I just have no clue where Disney plans to take Duffy in the future. The plans are haphazard and I don't see any real vision, other than occasional costumes. I can only wish for the attention to detail, story, and quality that OLC gives Duffy. I know it's like beating a dead horse to compare what the two teams do, but it's hard not to when they are both working with the same character.
                            Meow

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority then because I like the costumes. I'll bet you dollars to donuts though the Peter Pan one will probably be another "onesie" like many of the other US costumes. I don't care for that. I like separates I can mix & match. I'll reserve my final opinion until I see these costumes in person, but for now, just from the photos, I like them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Comment

The California Adventure Duffy has been released at Treasures in Paradise store. I could not find him anywhere else in the park which really surprised me. He is really cutein person though from where they put the alarm tag in his ear it makes his poor straw hat look deformed. I love him and welcome him to my little Duffy family.
                                sigpic

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                  I guess I'm in the minority then because I like the costumes. I'll bet you dollars to donuts though the Peter Pan one will probably be another "onesie" like many of the other US costumes. I don't care for that. I like separates I can mix & match. I'll reserve my final opinion until I see these costumes in person, but for now, just from the photos, I like them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
                                  Aimsterby any chance do you know if the TDS costumes are mix and match or are they "onesie" type? Do you know why Disney decided to make it a "onesie" type cause i personally don't like that ,

Comment

DCfan92, Duffy's "pants" and "top" are one piece. It's actually listed as "overalls," not a top and pants. Shellie's dress is also one piece, rather than a dress and a shirt. The collars and hat are swappable, though. A cool thing about this is that you could have Shellie in just the dress and add Duffy's blue hat (especially if you have the 2010 set, too) and have a great blue sailor outfit for her.^^

And just to keep on topic, I do wish the US costumes were made in separate pieces. That would be a significant improvement in my book.

Messica, won't the hat be all right once you buy it and remove the tag?:unsure:

Comment

I did NOT expect to see Duffy at 30,000 feet.

Just one page for Disney stuff, and Duffy's right there. I guess they want Duffy to take off so badly, they will spare no expense with the advertising. Of course, if they'd spare no expense with the MERCHANDISE they'd probably be more successful...still, kind of funny to see. (It would've been better if he'd had clothes but there is just half a page of Disney merchandise, so I don't think they could have shown them.)

EDIT: So the buttons on the DCA Duffy are EMBROIDERED????? Darn you, CPSIA. The one on eBay's feet look smaller than my 2011 Duffy's, but I assume that's just an illusion? (I still kind of want him because I love DCA and the picture looks SO CUTE, but I need to not spend the money. :shy: IF he's still there when I visit DL again, though, I'll probably succumb.)

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by Sue Kruse View Post
                                          …no buttons on the shirt — just sad little embroidered buttons (again, something I will fix).
                                          I just cannot understand this decision at all. If it's about "safety regulations," why can BAB do it? Surely their target is not older than Disney's with Duffy??? If it's about profit margin, surely the significant perceived increase in evaluation of the brand is worth the certainly minuscule increase in production cost… I just really don't get it.

I think this is probably the last pre-dressed Duffy I will buy…once you have an actual Tokyo Disney Sea Duffy costume in your hands and see how amazing they are, in comparison the American Disney merchandise looks like complete junk.
                                          And this is precisely the reason for the Duffy Post, that folks outside Japan understand that authentic Duffy is not "junk," but truly a treasure worthy of his hallmarks and Disney legacy. Shamefully, real Duffy put out by the Oriental Land Company as a licensee consistently seems more deserving of the admiration and filled with the heart associated with the Disney brand than anything the Walt Disney Company is doing.:shy:

I almost put this Duffy back on the shelf but once I had him in my hands I kind of thought of Toy Story and imagined he was happy he was going to be coming home with me and then I couldn't put him back and disappoint him. Next time ... I won't pick up a Duffy. They'll all just have to look at me and hope.
                                          I feel sorry for those poor bears, too, but I also sorta feel like they're "legitimized counterfeits." The button thing is just unforgivable, especially considering the epic scale of the overall DCA/Carsland campaign.

That airplane flyer doesn't convince me that anybody wants Duffy to "succeed," just that they want to sell more crap.:bang:

---------- Post added 06-24-2012 at 03:26 PM ----------

I just realized something. I suppose BAB's relationship with Disney is also as licensee. I'm not saying it's meaningful, but both of the companies that pay Disney for character "rights" (Duffy belongs to OLC as far as I'm concerned) consistently do a better job with production, marketing and brand maintenance. Maybe WDC should outsource their entire operations and just collect licensing fees and royalties?

Comment

Working...
                                          X