Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madoka
    replied
    Here's the link to the Easter Bunny Duffy on DisneyStore. He is really cute!

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied
    For whatever reason, I am crazy for this bear in a way I never have been for another rabbit/Duffy Easter themed release. The hood is just right! The Duffiness is fully intact. The cuddle factor is off the charts!!!! Sorry to rant! But !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied
    I guess I'm getting off on a tangent, but it maybe ties in with another newer release I wanted to mention... I have completely and unexpectedly fallen in LOVE with the 9" US Easter Bunny Duffy!!!! Aaah! The cuteness is almost painful!!! I have never wanted a Duffy Bear I could not undress and redress...my bears are characters wholly of themselves (or however one is supposed to structure that sentence). I really love this community cause you guys get that and or leave room for my opinions about that stuff even if you don't feel the same way because you all know what it feels like to have strong feelings about plush friends I really surprised myself this time because I had decided already to pass up this bunny-bear. I guess I had the change of heart when I touched the fur on this guy. I had been touching the sloth plush at BAB in Downtown Disney just minutes before, and I was struck at the difference in "fur" quality. Duffy fur just feels better and the Disney Parks plush feels of a higher quality to me. And this funny mutant bear-bunny had me at first cuddle!!! He feels like a bunny but looks like Duffy!! I am sure my love of the Japanese Usakumya from BTSSB set me up for this! Can i also blame my mother? Is that too Freudian of me? Much earlier in life my mother supported my teddy bear habit by giving me beautiful toys... one was a small bear with the body of a white rabbit and the head of a grey bear about 6" in all. The rabbit ears hood it came with was fastened to its little head with a pink ribbon, was fully detachable...and was immediately commandeered by the kitten in charge of our household. The bear never had a name but I carried it around for years. The ears were so loved by the cat that they took on a life independent from the bear and WERE named "Woobie."

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied
    When I fell in love with the Pooh Bear series of costumes for US Duffy I noticed that the fit of the garments varied with the character they were emulating...the Tigger outfit was slimming and the Eeore one had a baggy, wrinkly fit. (When using the plush character costumes I like to keep my bear friends heads completely out with the hoods all the way off so they don't feel "swallowed up" by the other plush character... so I fell out of my chair laughing when someone...Duffy Taro?... posted pictures on another site of the Pooh Bear helper from that family of bears wearing the BAB Pooh costume for Halloween!!! ยก!!!)

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied
    Hi ! Sorry, Eeee-va, to send the pic thru another site...I don't have a PC or wifi, just an awesome new phone so am working on posting pictures. Just not quite there yet. Kinda a miracle I got the photo up on Facebook. Yay! I did want you to see it cause I think this is a release that is not to be missed! I don't know why some of the DP Duffy costumes are so much more awesome than others...maybe some are just more to my own taste than others. I do think the slimmer fit of this particular bear garment was intentional...like the ShellieMay silhouettes some of the Hong Kong releases have had...def not the Cape Cod pumpkin pants bloomers bottoms that I love on her

Leave a comment:

• Eeee-va
    replied
    Shellie may, I'd love to see photos of the Ariel costume on Shellie May!

That's too bad about the "slimming" effect; that almost sounds like bad fit. And yeah, the clamshells...I wasn't so sure about those when I saw that foam was one of the materials...

I agree that it's wonderful that stuffed animals have different body types and are still considered perfect. There's a lot less diversity in, say, dolls, which is one reason why I prefer bears. (That and they are more huggable...and no hairstyles to deal with... )

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied
    MikkiMausu99, thanks for the Shanghai picture...the Duffy lunchbox looks like fun

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied
    Eeee-va, I have the mermaid outfit and I think it's amazing. The dress design has complimentary layers of differently textured fabrics...some shiny some ribbed some sparkly some gauzy...! The pleats at the (fishtail)? make this garment feel more like a gown and less like a costume for me. It does have a slimming fit which is not my ideal for a bear ( I like a ShellieMay with a little roundness) and I think I want to un-stuff the (seashells)? There is something to be said for a stuffed animal sporting a Miss Piggy kind of look, (i once had a plush flamingo who wore that look well) but I am not really into bustlines or BAB heels when it comes to my ShellieMay specific style. That said, I do love this release, as I have loved some (the vampire, the Disneyland 60th suit) but I have certainly passed on some others (the shiny DP Minnie Mouse dress)...

Leave a comment:

• MikkiMausu99
    replied
    Saw this on Facebook today:

Shanghai Disney Resort will now have Duffy merchandise.

Leave a comment:

• mercy
    replied
    I had to look, Eeee-va, at every other outfit on the store site...and that is the only one that leaves the original bow on. Granted, the rest aren't accessories but true bows to match the outfits, but... It looks so incredibly stupid that way!

Leave a comment:

• Eeee-va
    replied
    There's an Ariel character costume for ShellieMay at the Disney Store website.http://m.disneystore.com/shelliemay-...85913/1000267/

I can't tell the fabric quality but I kind of liked the design, which is clearly Ariel but not JUST ShellieMay with a bra and a fish tail. There is a bit more creativity than that. And I thought the hair accessory was creative and kind of cute, especially since I think the Build-a-Bear costume was meant to be paired with a red wig. (I am not a fan of wigs on bears.) I can see myself making a similar headband for my Smiling Shellie May.

But then my hopes of improvement by the US merchandise team were rather dashed by the fact that they had ShellieMay model it WITH HER REGULAR BOW ON TOO, completely ruining the look. I'm used to inattention to styling, but I feel like many 6 year olds would have understood to take off one accessory before putting on another if they didn't match...and ShellieMay's ears are squished by the US bow too, making her look even odder. And it appears the headband ALSO has ear elastic so her ears are getting double squished!

Granted, the design team is probably not the same group that takes photos on the website, but this is just getting ridiculous. Maybe ShellieMay and Flynn Rider are off commiserating somewhere. "I am very sorry about your nose, but why can't they get my ears right?" Boooo.
    Last edited by Eeee-va; 03-17-2016, 11:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MikkiMausu99
    replied
    This was featured on the official Hong Kong Disneyland Facebook page:

Hand sanitizers featuring different characters, two of them feature Duffy and ShellieMay.

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied
    I tried to post a link to the Gelatoni I was talking about but it didn't work.

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied
    Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Folks who've been on MiceChat since before the Duffeteer boards existed aren't posting around here as much lately.
    I know I'm guilty of that. I've just been busy with so many other things (work, blogging, life in general) that I've had no time to come on the MC boards. I also haven't been anywhere near Disney in ages, so that doesn't help either (though I am going to WDW this coming Saturday - finally - as a CM friend is getting me in using their gate pass). But I'll try to be better about coming on here. I just haven't been around because I haven't had anything to post about.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied
    Folks who've been on MiceChat since before the Duffeteer boards existed aren't posting around here as much lately.
    I know I'm guilty of that. I've just been busy with so many other things (work, blogging, life in general) that I've had no time to come on the MC boards. I also haven't been anywhere near Disney in ages, so that doesn't help either (though I am going to WDW this coming Saturday - finally - as a CM friend is getting me in using their gate pass). But I'll try to be better about coming on here. I just haven't been around because I haven't had anything to post about.

Leave a comment:

• lovechows
    replied
    Oswald does look really cute. I hope it's at DCA when we're there next week. I was just re-reading many of these posts and the most striking thing about them is how they change from such optimism a few years ago--and the excitement when we looked forward to Shellie May finally being released in the Mainland parks--to such profound disappointment in how Disney has just made such a mess of handling Duffy and Shellie May.

I will probably never be able to visit Tokyo so being able to experience Duffy's magic there is something I will need to learn about through all of you (especially DuffyD). It's so very sad to see that Disney not only doesn't understand the love people feel for these wonderful characters (I love them, even if they aren't the same as in Japan) but has completely mismanaged marketing them. For the first few years they were at Disneyland, frankly, I thought it was just a dumb bear and didn't get it at all--until one fateful day when we came off of Star Tours and they had Duffy in his Jedi costume. I finally got it and fell in love with him. Sadly, it was just a few weeks before they shipped Duffy (the character) off on his voyage so we were never able to meet him in person. But seeing how people from Japan, China, and other areas of the world would bring their Duffy's to Disneyland and treated them as members of their families made me appreciate Duffy even more. Then, Shellie May appeared--first at Aulani and through wonderful people here, I was able to bring her into our home. Now, whenever we see people at Disneyland with their Duffy's or Shellie's, we have an instant connection with people from all over the world (often without even being able to speak the same language).

Despite the Disney Corporation's ridiculous way of handling them, the one thing they have done is to bring all of us together into this community. Let's hope that someday TDO will come to truly appreciate Duffy and Shellie May the way TDS does.

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied
    I understand the heartbreak for those who know the true awesomeness that is sweet Duffy's true TDS nature, who recognise his amazing potential to be an experience that bridges cultures instead of simply more merchandise. I will continue to discuss more in the new thread... That said, i have had my eye on a new DisneyParks release. I watched it show up in Hong Kong, then Florida, California, and most recently in my twitter feed on a Gelatoni with armature, posing with so much comic expression that I could no longer deny I was drawn to the outfit's appeal. I am talking about the new Oswald outfit. I think I have mixed feelings about the original black ink characters (including the mice) but am usually swayed by the cute vintage spin put on all of it now. I am fascinated that the rabbit doesn't wear the trademark Freemason-style white gloves and it was the way my twitter friend Gela was gesticulating with Oswald's wild inky fingers that finally brought me around. I have never felt inclined to dress the bears as the mice, tho the TDS Minnie outfit was the best I have seen...even the gloves.. but I am going to give the Oswald costume a try. Let you know how it turns out.

Leave a comment:

• mercy
    replied
    I see, Mercy. Well, next time you come, be sure to tell me in advance!^^
    For sure! We are toying with a combined Shanghai/Hong Kong trip next year, I'm dying to add a second trip to Tokyo on that.

Leave a comment:

• MikkiMausu99
    replied
    This was posted on the official Hong Kong Disneyland Facebook page:

A new set of limited edition park pins for the Lunar New Year, two of which feature Duffy and ShellieMay.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X