Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Originally posted by updebrooke View Post
    The pumpkin Duffy pin is out!! I got it at Epcot the other day. Also, I saw one of the pumpkin outfits for the 17" Duffy at the main gift shop at the Boardwalk. It looked the same as last years. Wasn't sure if it was a return or not.
    The pin is cute. I'll probably get it.

The same pumpkin costume from HK last year? Ehhh... I'll probably pass. I got my Captain EO costume coming that my aunt is going to make. That will be 100 times better.

Comment

I suppose it's good that the HK pumpkin costume is finally making it's way to the US. I was kind of baffled why it didn't happen that same year anyway. However, with that said, I'm disappointed that it's...well, the same pumpkin outfit. For me especially, since I already have the superior TDS version, there's no need to buy this. But, for those who missed out, it's not a bad substitute. I'm not going to totally knock it, because it is based on the TDS pumpkin design...but, yeah, at the same time...it's based on the TDS pumpkin design. LOL, that sounds weird, but I'm saying that it has that going for, and against it, in my opinion.
      Meow

Comment

I totally get what you mean, gurgi.

I told my aunt I'm planning on going to Mickey's Not-So-Scary on October 18. She said she'll have the Captain EO costume done and sent to me before then. She said she's looking forward to making it. I can't wait to show it off!

Comment

Today I went to downtown Disney and the cast members were fawning over Shellie. One of the cast members told that they are bringing Shellie over next year but she didn't know when exactly.

Comment

I had started really hoping they'd give up before Shellie's debut and spare her the mismanagement. To be honest, I take "Shellie's coming!" about as seriously as Peter crying wolf at this point. We've heard this a gazillion times. One day it may actually be true, but I hope the right people are working on Duffy then. Disney could do this better than anyone on Earth, which just makes it frustrating when they don't.

Comment

If I hear one more US cast member say "Shellie's coming to the States!" I am going to sucker punch them. OMG STOP IT. It is 99% NOT going to happen. I hate it when CMs make up stuff to get people excited.

Comment

I got so tired of waiting for Shellie May to come to the US parks that I just purchased her online. I really wanted to pick her out and buy her in person. But have kind of lost hope that they'll bring her over any time soon.

Comment

The cast member seemed so excited when she told me that Shellie is coming to the states next year. They should stop getting people's hopes up because I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a long while before she comes to the states.

Comment

Disney US has released a new pre-dressed Halloween Duffy plush. Retails for $15. Looks like the same outfit that was discussed earlier, but includes a Duffy trick or treat bag: (Here's an ebay auction to better see the quality)

Well... speaking mainly of the bag, it looks pretty tacky and so cheap! Looks like the kind of material that will peel off or wear out "break" in time. They didn't even add filling or try and make it look roundish. Poor Duffy and his flat bag! Of course you could fix that yourself. I think a real plush (not that satin-ish material) with embroidered parts would've been so much cuter. His ears also look off.
                    Last edited by Danimated; 08-14-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I just don't get this at all. Why 12"? I mean, that's the Hong Kong costume; it was already made for the 17" bear. Why not just release it (although if I was a Duffy fan in Hong Kong, I'd be so proud we have at least one exclusive item!^^)???

And that bag! That's actually shocking bordering on offensive. I honestly didn't understand what you were going on about from looking at the photo in your post. It looks round, and of course I expected it to be round. And that photo makes it look round…I hope they don't sell these online. That's actually not an easy fix, either. It wouldn't be as simple as stuffing; it's a whole other shape, which actually means you'd have to find exactly the same fabric in exactly the same orange. Seems like a lot of trouble to me.

This was US Duffy's chance to really impress. Lots of us felt a disconnect with Tokyo's "Halloween Ladybugs" and most of us thought that pin was very cute. This could've been a home run for the American team…:bang:

Comment

I was a bit excited by the picture you posted, Danimated. If the actual product looked like the picture you showed, I can see where $15 would be a steal. Generally speaking, smaller clothing items often cost nearly as much as larger ones, because you don't save THAT much money on materials, and it's harder to sew small things. So to get a smaller Duffy, pre-dressed, with a bag, for HALF the (base) price of a pre-dressed 12" Duffy or undressed 17" Duffy? (Less than twice the price of a magnet or keychain Duffy!) And the Duffy is cute? It looked like a deal! I wouldn't have even minded the flat bag (bags are meant to be filled with things, right?).

Then I saw the eBay listing. Just...wow. Doesn't even look like the same product to me. The ears are seriously deformed. (Though I should maybe give Disney some credit...often their photos look WORSE than the actual product. This one, not so much.)

Granted, maybe with a bit of squishing and fluffing he might start to approach passable...but the eBay picture looks like it SHOULD be half the price of the $30 12" Duffy. Ugh.

I would have preferred to see a different costume, too. Then again, after seeing the eBay picture, I don't want to buy this Duffy at all. Whereas if it has been a new/unique costume, there might have been some temptation, even if the quality is lacking. So I guess it's good we got the same Halloween outfit AGAIN!

From the ruler picture, it looks like he's right around the same size as the smiling Spring Voyage Duffy and Shellie May.
                        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                          I was a bit excited by the picture you posted, Danimated. If the actual product looked like the picture you showed, I can see where $15 would be a steal. …I wouldn't have even minded the flat bag (bags are meant to be filled with things, right?).

Then I saw the eBay listing. Just...wow. Doesn't even look like the same product to me.
                          I had the same experience, Eeee-va. I really want Duffy to do well in the US and a product that leaves such different impressions from the photo isn't the way to get people on board. And it's got that weird Duffy smile on the basket. Ever since you called my attention to that smile, I can't stand it. I blame you!:lmao:

That flat bag is a real problem, though. Even if you put a piece of candy or something in it, it won't look right because it has no depth.

Comment

Wow...I looked it up on Ebay too, and it's a 9" Duffy, and looks terrible. The flat bag is just a waste.

How...could the cute pin artwork be abandoned for the actual stuffed toy? The pumpkin basket has that cute TDS design on the pin, but the plush one? No...looks like zombie Duffy...
                            Meow

Comment

Zombie... haha!

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                              I honestly didn't understand what you were going on about from looking at the photo in your post. It looks round, and of course I expected it to be round. And that photo makes it look round…
                              I probably should've left it at flat. 'Cause as lantern I expect it to be "poofy"; for lack of a better word.

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                              I hope they don't sell these online.
                              If you mean the Disney Store site, they are.
                              Last edited by Danimated; 08-15-2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I think it looks cute and just ordered it. For $15 its worth a try .

Comment

Originally posted by Danimated View Post
                                  …I probably should've left it at flat. 'Cause as lantern I expect it to be "poofy"; for lack of a better word.

If you mean the Disney Store site, they are.
                                  I didn't mean I didn't understand what you said, Danimated. I meant I didn't understand from that photo just how flat the bag was. I meant that the photo was misleading, not you.^^

It's a real shame if someone buys it online, not fully understanding what they're getting.:shy:

Originally posted by Cdnmom View Post
                                  I think it looks cute and just ordered it. For $15 its worth a try .
                                  I hope you'll love it, Cdnmom. You certainly know what you're getting, so if the price makes it work for you and Duffy makes you happy, that's absolutely great.

Comment

I did just see the eBay one and I see what you mean... . But I am still hoping for cute!

Comment

I didn't see this 9" Halloween Duffy at WDW (and I was there for 3 days). I did see the pin though, so I got that. Didn't see the pumpkin costume either. But... they had the sorcerer costume back in stock at several shops at Epcot.

Comment

I saw the Halloween Outfit at one of the shops on the Boardwalk and at Hollywood Studios. I too did not see the 9" Halloween Duffy.

Comment

The 9" Halloween Duffy has been spotted in Disneyland Resort. He looks a lot better than the eBay one...though the fact that he is hiding his wrong-smiled, flat treat bag doesn't hurt!

From Disneyland removes balls, speeds up Luigi's Flying Tires in Cars Land

I am afraid that in the unlikely chance he is in Disneyland during my next visit and is cute, it may be hard not to cave. Drat.
                                          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                          X