Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Oh, I still think mother's day takes the cake. It was a t-shirt...with the most generic design on it. Not even a human should have worn that shirt, let alone Duffy. The egg is bad, but not as bad as that was.
    Meow

Comment

Oh don't even get me started on those stupid Mother's Day & Father's Day shirts. They were LAME.

I like the St Patty's costume as it looks like the one the 12" bears have worn. But I got a St Patty's costume at BAB last year, so I don't need another one. I'm just tired of Disney coming out with costumes that are... costumey. This is why I like BAB so much. My Duffy likes to wear "everyday" clothes unless it's a special occasion (though right now he's in his new Peter Pan outfit my mom picked up for him... but he says he's not Peter Pan. He took the bow and arrows's from Shellie's Merida costume again and said he's Robin Hood).

The 12" gardener Duffy is cute, but I don't have the room or can afford to buy every pre-dressed bear they come out with.

The idea of the egg/chick is cute but not executed very well. Won't be getting that.

Comment

The egg think creeps me out to no end. I would have rather had Duffy just dressed in some sort of cute Easter ensemble. I do like the gardener bear. I will have to get that one. I really like the bowtie on the St. Patrick's Day outfit. Bowties are cool!
        Luv Duffy & Shellie May
        sigpic

Comment

The Easter egg Duffy doesn't even look like the other Duffys. His face is different. Cute, but different.

Although I like the St. Patrick's Day outfit, I agree with Aimster. I've had enough of all the "costume" clothes, which are things my bears will only wear for holidays like Halloween or Christmas. I much prefer casual everyday wear, which is why out of all the new stuff presented, my favorite is the 2013 outfit the 12" bear is wearing (even though I have a general dislike for clothes with years on them). But then I guess it shouldn't matter to me either way, because my bears aren't 17" and I don't buy Disney's Duffy outfits anyway.

Comment

I like the St. Patrick's Day costume. It would be perfect for Duffy and Shellie May to wear to either the St. Patty's Day parade or the Irish/Italian parade...assuming of course I triple bear dare to take them to a parade.

I agree with both aimster and Diznygrl and wish Disney would release more everyday/regular clothing. My bears and I love costumes just like any New Orleanian, so a reason is not necessary to wear one. Nevertheless, Duffy and Shellie May's casual Disney gear is seriously lacking. Actually, it's nonexistent. They have regular clothes from BAB and ones that I designed/am designing for them, but nothing from Disney and that's sad.

I do like some of the pins, specifically Aladdin, Jafar, Captain Hook, and the Mad Hatter. I especially :love: the Mad Hatter. I just resist singing The Jabberwocky ("'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves...") or the Merry Unbirthday Song ("Have a very merry unbirthday to you...").

Oh, and I called Disney Theme Parks merchandise guest services line today because a significant number of people were asking about the Valentine's Day Duffy. Well, I have bad news to report. Apparently, he is completely sold out at both (yep, Disney World and Disneyland) theme parks. The GS representative said that basically, whenever stores could replenish their stock, it would sell out within a week. So if you go to the parks and happen to find one, buy him because you probably won't get a second chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ZTRinZler View Post
              I do like some of the pins, specifically Aladdin, Jafar, Captain Hook, and the Mad Hatter. I especially :love: the Mad Hatter. I just resist singing The Jabberwocky ("'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves...") or the Merry Unbirthday Song ("Have a very merry unbirthday to you...").
              I absolutely love the Mad Hatter pin. It's the only one I really like and that's because I am a really big Mad Hatter fanatic. I would probably buy the Mad Hatter Costume and pin the Mad Hatter pin on it. ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
                I absolutely love the Mad Hatter pin. It's the only one I really like and that's because I am a really big Mad Hatter fanatic. I would probably buy the Mad Hatter Costume and pin the Mad Hatter pin on it. ^.^
                Me too!!! I would even be crazy enough to dress myself, Shellie May, and Duffy in Mad Hatter costumes and attach a Mad Hatter pin to each of our costumes. Two years ago, my friends and I dressed up as characters from Alice in Wonderland (book and movie) and Through the Looking Glass for Mardi Gras. It was so much fun speaking with British accents; singing the Merry Unbirthday song and The Jabberwocky poem; and having pseudo tea parties which we always initiated by shouting, "Tea time!" It was a bit hard to do while trying to catch Mardi Gras throws, but it was well worth it since many of the krewes had Alice in Wonderland-themed floats and consequently threw us a ton of stuff in appreciation of our hard work and craziness.

Comment

That is absolutely so cool ZTRinZler. ^.^

Comment

ZTRinZler-Are you making outfits for your Duffy and Shellie May? I would kill for an Alice costume to go with the Mad Hatter outfit! I wish I could sew. I would make many outfits for my bears!
                    Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                    sigpic

Comment

Naelyan, BAB makes an Alice…and a Queen of Hearts. I only got the Queen of Hearts. The others didn't do it for me.

Comment

My BAB isn't carrying those anymore. And they are not online. But if someone wants to find me one, that'd be great!
                        Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
                          ZTRinZler-Are you making outfits for your Duffy and Shellie May? I would kill for an Alice costume to go with the Mad Hatter outfit! I wish I could sew. I would make many outfits for my bears!
                          I'm currently working on two (2) projects. I'm attempting to make a Tony Stark arc reactor t-shirt, with an LED/light-up arc reactor, so that Duffy and Shellie May can go as Iron Man and Tony Stark for the Iron Man 3 midnight screening. I already own a bunch of Iron Man memorabilia and apparel, so if I can complete this, I will be ecstatic.

For the second project I'm trying to create either a Rubik's Cube or Cookie Monster LED equalizer shirt. Basically, a design will light up in response to sound, based on the sensitivity setting of a sound analyzer, and the light sequence will be similar to/mimic that of an equalizer. The design will either be a Rubik's Cube or Cookie Monster's face. Preferably, I can make both t-shirts, so that both Duffy and Shellie May can have shirts that match my own Rubik's Cube and Cookie Monster LED equalizer shirt.

I'll admit both projects are very ambitious, time-consuming, and sometimes frustrating. Plus, classes dictate the quantity of not only my free time, but also my energy input on any given day. But the Tony Stark arc reactor shirt is my first priority since Iron Man 3 clearly establishes a deadline.

Comment

ZTRinZler! Did you see the thread at http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...w-jackets.html ?

A Duffy Glow with the Show outfit would be INCREDIBLE.

Obviously Disney has economies of scale and safety laws to worry about, but I so wish they could make things as cool as the fans envision and make.

The items on the blog don't really interest me, though I don't have a 17" Duffy and don't want any more 12" Duffies so I guess it doesn't matter. I'm glad Duffy finally has a St. Patrick's Day outfit! I do agree with Gurgi that I don't like the wavy hat...and is it just me, or does the shirt "open" on the side that would indicate it's a woman's garment? :shy: If so, here is hoping they reversed the photo, making it a failure on the part of the Internet team instead of the design team.

I'd almost be tempted to get the egg Duffy just for the novelty of the 7" bear (I love different sized Duffies so much!). But even if you can take him out of the egg/chick costume, I don't think even I want it, no matter the price. So I feel like that's a pretty big miss for Disney. (I can't speak for the aesthetics of the egg, but I agree the Duffy face does look different in the egg Duffy.)

The first 2013 12" bear's shirt looks just like something my 1-year-old nephew would be wearing. Collar askew and everything. I don't hate the outfit, though. I didn't like the Flower and Garden Duffy at first (not sure why) but he's growing on me. The hat looks a LOT nicer than the DCA 12" Duffy's hat (and I SO wanted to want that bear, but I just couldn't). The 2013 graduation bear...very functional, I guess.

To me, nothing here is worse than the money grab/effortless "Mother's Day" shirt, but I can see why others feel differently.
                            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

ZTRinZler-THAT ARC REACTOR SHIRT SOUNDS AMAZING! I love Robert Downey Jr. and am an Ironman fan myself! I can't wait to see how that turns out for you! Best of luck!
                              Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah the ARC Reactor shirt sounds awesome. We're Iron Man fans here too.

Comment

Forgot how to delete my posts..
                                  Last edited by LilTeacup; 01-31-2013, 04:42 PM. Reason: Posted something I thought was new, but was not! Sorry!

sigpic
                                  Love for all and all for love

Pluto's #1 fan!

Duffy + Disney Tumblr

Comment

Hello Everyone! I am new to MiceChat and am very happy to be here with fellow Duffy fans! I brought home my first Duffy last September

I am getting ready for Disneyland in April and am planning to buy Duffy an outfit. I have been looking at the Aviator outfit online, can anyone say anything about the quality of this costume?
                                    sigpic

Comment

The patch on the back of the jacket is cute, but the zipper isn't even a zipper.... it's just a piece of material that looks like a zipper pull by the velcro closure of the jacket.

I got the bomber jacket and Snoopy WWI Flying Ace hat/scarf at Build A Bear when they were available and liked it MUCH better. The jacket has a REAL zipper that works.

Here are a few photos when I took Duffy to the MacDill Airfest in 2011:

Comment

Aimster's Duffy is so awesome, right?^^

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                                          Aimster's Duffy is so awesome, right?^^
                                          He really goes on a lot of adventures.

Comment

Working...
                                          X