Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

New Duffy Merchandise

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

A Sully costume for Duffy would be pretty sweet. I hope this rumor proves to be true.

Comment

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Disney character costumes Duffy seems to keep getting (even though I like a couple of them, the BAB equivalent of the Jedi outfit blows Disney's "Jedi Academy" version out of the water imo) so I hope they also release some normal, "everyday" type costumes for him here that are more on par with the $30 "trunk" Peter Pan/pajamas ones and include a full outfit complete with an accessory and shoes. That would get me really excited.

The pajamas trunk set was a start but tbh... I don't really like the way that one looks. The print-design on it makes it look way too hectic for my taste. ^^;

Comment

Originally posted by Rococo View Post
        I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Disney character costumes Duffy seems to keep getting (even though I like a couple of them, the BAB equivalent of the Jedi outfit blows Disney's "Jedi Academy" version out of the water imo) so I hope they also release some normal, "everyday" type costumes for him here that are more on par with the $30 "trunk" Peter Pan/pajamas ones and include a full outfit complete with an accessory and shoes. That would get me really excited.

The pajamas trunk set was a start but tbh... I don't really like the way that one looks. The print-design on it makes it look way too hectic for my taste. ^^;
        I'm with you. Too many character-based costumes. Some are really cute but it's getting old hat. And I agree BAB's Jedi costume is 1000 times better than Disney's. And I also thought the jammies set was too "busy" for my taste (mainly I just don't like Duffy's name and picture all over them as to me it's overkill - just the stripes and anchors would have been more than enough - a classic case of "less is more"), but I got a set as a Christmas gift, so at least I didn't waste my own money on it. I will say the slippers and pillow are seriously cute though.

I'm just glad BAB has lots of choices for me for "everyday" clothes for my bears.

Comment

I was told about the Sully costume by Monty Maldovan, so I'd say it's probably not a rumor. As for when it is going to be released, I don't know. But I'm also getting sick of all the "Character Costumes" for Duffy. Can't we have maybe some seasonal outfits or holiday themed outfits? Sheesh!
          Luv Duffy & Shellie May
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
            I was told about the Sully costume by Monty Maldovan, so I'd say it's probably not a rumor. As for when it is going to be released, I don't know. But I'm also getting sick of all the "Character Costumes" for Duffy. Can't we have maybe some seasonal outfits or holiday themed outfits? Sheesh!
            I would love more seasonal outfits for Duffy, especially elaborate Christmas ones similar to the ones OLC made, with that England/Charles Dickens feel. As long as they don't look like the 17" red Christmas overalls+t-shirt one they released a few years back, it would be an improvement.

Comment

I too am not a huge fan of the character costumes. I like more everyday clothing.
              Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

There is a a new St Patrick's set at DTD-

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                  The patch on the back of the jacket is cute, but the zipper isn't even a zipper.... it's just a piece of material that looks like a zipper pull by the velcro closure of the jacket.

I got the bomber jacket and Snoopy WWI Flying Ace hat/scarf at Build A Bear when they were available and liked it MUCH better. The jacket has a REAL zipper that works.

Here are a few photos when I took Duffy to the MacDill Airfest in 2011:

Hi aimster! Thanks for the info, it sounds like I will have to take a look at the costume and see if I want to go with another choice when I get to DLR

I also really loved the pics of your Duffy!
                  sigpic

Comment

^ The best part of the aviator costume is the back patch on the jacket. The rest is meh and sub-par, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      ^ The best part of the aviator costume is the back patch on the jacket. The rest is meh and sub-par, in my opinion.
                      The Duffy aviator costume is the first costume I purchased and the Mickey flight patch on the back of the bomber jacket is just so cute, along with the fur-trimming on it. The sewn on "zipper" is just disappointing, especially with the obvious piece of velcro closing the jacket in the front sticking out like a sore thumb. If the construction had been a bit better with real pockets and a zippered front, it would have been a perfect aviator jacket and much nicer in design than the BAB one (imo). The aviator cap, while cute, is also quite badly made due to how the goggles part doesn't even fit around Duffy's eyes and keep wrinkling/bending under pressure. When I had Duffy it the cap, I just folded the goggle up so it would stay on his cap.

Comment

Ok, I just found a picture of Build-a-Bear's Queen of Hearts costume. Someone is selling it on ebay (for a lot), but they have ShellieMay dressed in it. I will admit, it's adorable.

I still say the Mad Hatter costume that Disney made is better than the BAB version, but there is no equivalent Queen of Hearts, because...well, we know why.

I do wish this was in stock at BAB though, it's very cute.
                        Meow

Comment

I didn't know you were looking for that! Yes, it's great. My Shellie loves hers, but she wants Grimhilde now!

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                            Ok, I just found a picture of Build-a-Bear's Queen of Hearts costume. Someone is selling it on ebay (for a lot), but they have ShellieMay dressed in it. I will admit, it's adorable.

I still say the Mad Hatter costume that Disney made is better than the BAB version, but there is no equivalent Queen of Hearts, because...well, we know why.

I do wish this was in stock at BAB though, it's very cute.
                            Ooh, I saw these at the BAB in Downtown Disney (CA). They also had the Maleficent one that isn't available on the BAB website. Speaking of, why are Maleficent and Queen of Hearts unavailable on the BAB website while the other Disney villain ones (Ursula, Hook) are there?

Comment

I dunno, but someone should help Gurgi have one!

Comment

What happens when you get a fantastic Cast member behind the counter? You can get Duffy to see an item up close and how big it is and give it a sense of size. It's quite heavy when you pick it up.

sigpic
                                Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Comment

Oh, oh! You lucky Duff! I hope you didn't have peanut butter fingers!

I wonder what the edition size is on those? For the price, I'd think maybe TEN.:lmao:

Comment

So my parents came over today and surprised me with the Duffy necklace! Yay! It's really cute in person and shiny! The neat part to me was, on the card thingy the necklace came on, it has a sticker that says:

"NOT Intended For Children Ages 12 And Under"

NOT FOR KIDS! HA! :yea:

Score one for the collectors!

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                                      Ok, I just found a picture of Build-a-Bear's Queen of Hearts costume ... I do wish this was in stock at BAB though, it's very cute.
                                      Gurgi, I'll look tomorrow night when I am there.
                                      The official reason for going is a reward for my Girl Scouts selling cookies. Great cover story, as I'll be looking for clothing for Shellie May and Duffy.

Comment

XO I am super interested in the Queen of Hearts outfit too. It will go perfectly with my Designer Villains collection. My local BAB does not have it but then again it doesn't have all the Princesses either. Do the stores in Orlando carry the Queen of Hearts outfit regularly?

Comment

Oh, don't worry about finding me the Queen of Hearts costume too much. I hadn't really been looking for it specifically, in fact that picture was the first time I had seen it. I just thought it looked really cute. I guess if it's available at one of the stores, but please don't go out of your way anybody, to find it for me.
                                          Meow

Comment

Working...
                                          X