Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

The NYC flagship store seems to have plenty of stock. Although it's also a huge store with 2 large floors, so they have lots of space to fill with stock. Also, I was one of those looking for Queen of Hearts and found it at my store! Also, the Alice in Wonderland costume too, which is VERY adorable on ShellieMay.

I do wonder about how BAB will be able to sustain it's business, but I don't really know for sure how well they are doing. I will admit that I'm looking forward to their April 1st promotion with My Little Pony plush and accessories. ShellieMay and Duffy are going to get a couple pony pals, I think.
    Meow

Comment

I received one of the E-coupons for the $12 discounts. April 1 we'll be getting a Rainbow Dash. My daughter is so excited. We are bronies in this house!

I'm tempted to get the Queen of Hearts outfit, but then what would Duffy wear?

Comment

Duffy could be the Mad Hatter, that's what I'm going to do. Although I bought the Disney version of that costume because it looks more well-made than the BAB version.
        Meow

Comment

The BABs in my area are both well stocked and it seems every other time I'm there, they're quite busy. One time I saw a birthday party going on (where each kid gets to make their own animal). BAB has been around since 2000, but they're doing well. I just got my latest $10 reward from their Stuff Fur Stuff loyalty rewards program. Still trying to decide what to get with it.

Comment

My BaB is also well stocked! I'm frequently there buying new friends and outfits. And I can't wait for the MLP release April 1st!! Duffy and Shellie May are excited that we are going to have ponies living with us!
            Luv Duffy & Shellie May
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to have to get Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, I can't resist.

Oh, and despite me saying that my NYC store is always well stocked, I do have to say that there have been times where it's like I'm the only person in the store. Other times it's busy, but often, it's fairly dead in there. I wonder if it's because it's on 5th avenue where there are really high-end stores nearby, so the crowd is different. However, the American Girl flagship store that's not all that far away from BAB is insanely packed every time.
              Meow

Comment

That's great to hear BaB is doing well. The one at DtD is two stories and is usually busy. They just use to have more of a selection of non costumes clothing. The demand must be changing in what guest want.
                Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

My Duffy is going to be the Mad Hatter too although he shall be wearing pants. Not sure why Disney needs have dressed critters. But then we shall visit Tokyo Disney next year and annoying all the Japanese people as we dine in the Queen of Hearts and take 94234 pictures. My dreams, so big.

As for the store I like it when there are only a few people in there. Move out of my way kids, I got money to spend. But sometimes there have been parties going on and I am like why do people think this is a good idea? I think merchandise wise we are doing good but I wish we had ALL the Disney Princess dresses. We have never gotten Belle.

Comment

tenchikiss ; if you are talking about build a bear you can actually order Belle's costume off their site. They actually have alot of the disney princess dresses on there.

Belle Costume 2 pc. - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

Comment

Originally posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
                      tenchikiss ; if you are talking about build a bear you can actually order Belle's costume off their site. They actually have alot of the disney princess dresses on there.

Belle Costume 2 pc. - Build-A-Bear Workshop US
                      XD I know, they have a lot of the princess outfits online. Maybe they have them all at the build a bears near the different Disneys. Just don't know why they don't rotate the stock or have all the costumes in stores. It would be much easier to match up accessories that way. Although if I get the Belle outfit my future Shellie May will have three Disney outfits X__X. A spoiled bear I don't even have yet.

Comment

I took my Girl Scout troop to BAB for a party. It was a weeknight, so not many people were in the store other than our group. The girls loved it. I loved it. It was a great time. THEN, on Saturday night, we went to do some shopping for Thin Mint (because my daughter actually missed the party) and Duffy. The place was a zoo. Not only was it Saturday night at the mall, but there were parties. Yes, I grumbled about the children and the parties, but I now understand.
                        On the bright side, I did score a bunch of gift cards at 1/2 off and Duffy got his spiffy suit and cowboy duds.

oh, follow-up to MLP: new episodes on Netflix.

Comment

You mean episodes from season 3, right? They haven't begun season 4 yet, and season 3 officially ended with the special princess episode a few weeks ago.
                          Meow

Comment

yes, season 3.

Comment

Season 3 on Netflix already?? Wow, I wish other shows would get the latest seasons put up that quickly.

Comment

The husband took me on a date today which included going to the Disney Store and Build a Bear. Sad news at Disney as Duffy is in the back of our store now. He has his own section but is on the wall instead of a stand alone display. There is a sign but it just looks tucked away.

At Build a Bear (after I made a Hello Kitty woohoo) I noticed they had Build a Dino clothes and about 4 animals to make. They had their own display and everything. I asked the sales associate when they arrived in the store and she said about a week ago. I know build a dinos are fewer than build a bears so I thought I pass on that info in case someone is looking for dino specific clothes.

*They also had the my little pony plushies behind the counter too to get ready for the big day*

Comment

They have a Build A Dino in the shop in the T-Rex restaurant at Downtown Disney at WDW. They got some cute stuff there, but I don't want dinosaurs on everything. I did get Duffy some awesomely tacky plaid pants/shorts there a year or 2 ago. They actually look great with his plain red t-shirts or even a white t-shirt (the red looks better though).

Comment

OOOO can you post pics of the plaid pants? DD is a huge plaid fan and I may be able to bribe her into Build a Dino if she knows there may be plaid LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mmommie View Post
                                      OOOO can you post pics of the plaid pants? DD is a huge plaid fan and I may be able to bribe her into Build a Dino if she knows there may be plaid LOL
                                      Had to dig, but here are a couple photos:

So you can see the back:

Comment

Perfect! Bear butt plaid in front of her favorite hotel. Can't wait to show dd. Thank you Aimster!!!!

Comment

That one of the two of them from behind is just CLASSIC, Aimster!:clap:

By the way, are there lots of MLP:FIM fans here? Just curious if there's a significant crossover trend I'm unaware of...^^

Comment

Working...
                                          X