Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

New Duffy Merchandise

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Originally posted by mmommie View Post
    I have to think he would sell better if they did not have him crammed into a back corner of the store next to the clearance items. The engineer set did not even have a hook. It was hanging on the same rack as the sailor outfits.
    Bleh Duffy should be up closer to the entrance. And I say that as someone trying to see the common and sense of money. Duffy isn't going to be a open time deal product. He will be continuous (hopefully) so he needs to be front and center, displaying what is new. Not in the area that merchandise waits to get marked down.

Comment

The Duffy merchandise here is tucked way back in the farthest, darkest corner of the store. Its also right between the registers and the door to the back room so it feels really awkward to stand there looking at bears. The thought of all the sweet Duffys being marked down and tossed on clearance racks due to poor marketing is just too much! Surely I would have to go buy up a few more to save them...
      It almost feels unfair, Disney is trying to get Duffy "out there" but is also giving him the worst possible shot. Its like they are waiting for him to fail. I would visit the disney store every chance I go if they had a constantly updating large duffy display!

Comment

Grrrr... My local Disney store STILL has not gotten in the Engineer outfit.

"Please call again next Monday."

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
          Grrrr... My local Disney store STILL has not gotten in the Engineer outfit.

"Please call again next Monday."
          When I called my local store yesterday the woman either knew what I was talking about or spoke to someone who did. A STEP UP! And I was told that they expect the outfits on Tuesday the 23rd. Maybe it will be the same for your store.

Comment

My local stores don't have it either they don't even know about it.
            Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

I think the only reason they know about it is because of my requests. It would have been nice if the local Disney store did not close, which would provide me with two possibilities instead of one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                I think the only reason they know about it is because of my requests. It would have been nice if the local Disney store did not close, which would provide me with two possibilities instead of one.
                I was surprised to find that here in Central Florida there is like 1 Disney Store left! When I moved here there were atleast 4 or 5. They were large, bright and airy. The one left is about 1/3 of the size of an old store and dark and cramped.

Comment

Yeah there are only two Disney Stores in the Tampa Bay area now... the one by me in Clearwater and the one at International Plaza in Tampa. The one at Tyrone Square in St. Petersburg closed years ago, as did the ones at University Mall & Citrus Park Mall in Tampa. I even looked and the one in my hometown in Michigan (which when in college, I applied for a job at and had an interview with but wasn't hired) also closed.

Comment

Saw this posted on the official Duffy fan page on Facebook:

Click image for larger version

Name:	59974_633508689997145_289526588_n_zps47fdaf23.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	7349110

They said it's now available exclusively on the Disney Cruise Line ships. Don't know if it's a 12" pre-dressed bear or a costume for the 17" bear. They didn't say. It's hard to tell by the picture the posted. It kind of looks like a 12" bear but it could go either way. Regardless... it's cute.

Comment

i was just on the disney dream april 13-18 and it was not available

Comment

It's/He's available as of now. They probably made it/him available starting this week/today (April 22). Sorry you missed it/him.

(sorry for all the "it/he" but since we don't know if it's a 12" bear or a costume, I'm including both)

Comment

He is available as a 12 inch bear.Sorry i was only thinking back to costumes.I love this much better than the current sailor outfit.

Comment

Ahhh it's a 12" bear. That solves the mystery as the Duffy FB page did not specify.

EDIT: Just looked at their page again and they finally specified it's a 12" bear. You'd think they'd tell you the first time to avoid confusion and questions, you know?

Comment

Why do they keep doing this? If they could at least offer the 17" costume along with the 12" bear, it would make much more sense. It's just so dumb to keep releasing dressed bears. It makes Duffy just a thing to collect.
                              Meow

Comment

Really mad that they are selling so many pre-dressed bears and very little of clothes for the 17" bear. So we are just supposed to accept Disney costumes or nothing at all for this cute bear? *sigh* What's the point of marketing so many Duffy sizes when they can't even seem to make clothes for the 17" bear? They should have used that money towards outfits. Not more and more pre-dressed bears.

Comment

Going to have to agree here.. I dont understand the 12" dressed bear craze.. I dont want a million duffy bears. I want my one special traveling companion (and his other assorted friends) part of his charm is changing his clothes to match the adventure.

Comment

Of course it has to be the 12" bear.

i knew someone who worked in merchandising at DL and I was told US guest are more likely to buy predressed dolls/bears over just buying the different clothing. I was shocked by this as that's not what I like to do and I know most here don't either. It's just one persons thoughts but I thought it was worth sharing with you all. It would be interesting to hear what Monte (sp?) has to say on predressed bears vs just the clothing.
                                    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

My thoughts are along the line of what the CM said. Think about the masses. Disney caters to them, as the masses spend the money. Here is a child wanting a bear. Would the parent rather spend ~$20 for one pre-dressed bear or $30 for a naked bear and $20 for each outfit? I can tell you what I did...which is likely the same as all of you...but we are atypical.

Now, you ask, "Why don't they sell both the pre-dressed bear and the 17" outfit?"
                                      THAT is the question that should be asked of Monty Maldovan.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyGuardian View Post
                                        Of course it has to be the 12" bear.

i knew someone who worked in merchandising at DL and I was told US guest are more likely to buy predressed dolls/bears over just buying the different clothing. I was shocked by this as that's not what I like to do and I know most here don't either. It's just one persons thoughts but I thought it was worth sharing with you all. It would be interesting to hear what Monte (sp?) has to say on predressed bears vs just the clothing.
                                        I hope no one tells me credit card that! I have been spending tons of clothes for the 17 in bears. I don't know the last time I bought a dressed 12 inch bear. But I do know they were on sale LOL

Comment

I am actually very happy with the fact that it is a 12" pre-dressed Duffy Bear!
                                          I have two 17" ones, and they have enough outfits as it is.
                                          Their closet is almost bigger than mine!
                                          This 12" pre-dressed one gives me another opportunity to expand my Duffy/Shellie May Family.
                                          So I am stoked about it! This Cruise Line Duffy is coming my way, I get it in July!

But with the arrival of the Peter Pan outfit at Disneyland Paris, I am also going to expand my Duffy Outfit collection. So my Bears have nothing to worry about!
                                          Walter Elias Disney is and will always be my number one inspiration in life.

Comment

Working...
                                          X