Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Guys, I emailed Merchandise Guest Services about the international outfits, and this is what they had to say:

Thank you for contacting Merchandise Guest Services and your interest in our merchandise products.We regret to inform you that the requested merchandise has been discontinued and our stock is now depleted. We are very sorry we are unable to assist you and apologize for any disappointment this may cause.
    You may also try contacting DisneyShopping.com. They have a limited selection of merchandise that is exclusive to our Theme Parks and Resorts.
    Have a Magical Day!
    This is disappointing because I really wanted the Mexico one, but maybe I'll find one on ebay or something...
    Chronically ill lurker will be lurking.
    Please contact me via PM or tumblr ask if you need to get ahold of me.

Comment

Mexico outfit...so sad

But in other news I got a reply on all that new merchandise that made our wallets sad and our Duffys happy the other day. I got some "Dates" on when the merchandise "should" be released.

17-inch Bear Costumes
      Americana – Mid May 2013
      Sulley – Mid June 2013
      Train Conductor – Mid July 2013
      Halloween – September 2013

New 12-inch Pre-Dressed Bear
      Graduation 2013 – Available now
      Buena Vista Street Mechanic – Mid September 2013

Of course all of these need to be taken with a grain of salt as we all know you can already get Sailor Mickey with Duffy. I rather the Sulley outfit be released FIRST as July is still a bit away. Just thought I pass on that information. Maybe we all should prepare for these dates and when the merchandise comes earlier we can be happy. XD

Comment

Ack...why a pre-dressed Buena Vista Street bear??? I hope he's not as cute as he sounds, or I might have to buy him and give his outfit to my 12" Duffy. :P
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

I can't wait for the new items.

As far as the international outfits, if I lived close to a Disney Outlet store, I'd be looking there. Disney had to do something with all those costumes, right? If anyone goes shopping and wants to purchase for fellow Duffy fans, let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by TNutter View Post
            I can't wait for the new items.

As far as the international outfits, if I lived close to a Disney Outlet store, I'd be looking there. Disney had to do something with all those costumes, right? If anyone goes shopping and wants to purchase for fellow Duffy fans, let me know!
            A few weeks ago on another blog I saw the Australian set for sale in the St. Augustine outlet. So if someone needs that one they may be able to call them and have them ship. The only outfit I have seen at the Orlando outlet is the "I'm going to California" set.

Comment

The Safari (which some call Australian) outfit was at the outlets in Orlando last year. They were part of a thing they were doing at the outlets... buy a 17" Duffy and get 3 outfits free. However, the only 3 outfits they offered were the safari, "My 1st Visit" and the baseball ones.

The outlets also get the outdated "new year" 12" Duffys and graduation 12" Duffys once their shelf life has passed. They'll usually sell those for $9.99 each or 3 for $20. I stocked up on WDW 40th 12" Duffys doing that last year and then adopted them out at $10 each plus shipping. I had one lady adopt 3 at once (one for her and the others for co-workers). I got the Birthday 12" Duffy at the outlet too.

I'll be back in Orlando later this month for Star Wars Weekends. I haven't been to the outlets in ages, so I'll try to stop at the ones on Vineland (since it's close to WDW) and see what's the what. Luckily the outlets don't close til 11pm Mon-Sat (open til 9pm Sundays) so it shouldn't cut into my park time too much.

Comment

Thought this might interest some of you.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1305026...disney-78-inch

Comment

Aimster, when you say outlet, do you mean a Disney Store outlet, or some other outlet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                    Aimster, when you say outlet, do you mean a Disney Store outlet, or some other outlet?
                    I mean the Character Warehouse, which carries outdated stuff from the parks. In Orlando there's one at the Premium Outlets on Vineland and another at the Premium Outlets on International Drive.

Comment

*sigh* I won't be able to go there anytime soon...or not-so-soon for that matter.

Comment

Was snooping around ebay and found the Mexico costume for sale... however the seller wants $82 for it! I looked and the seller is in Japan. They must have gotten the costume by visiting the US parks themselves or got someone to pick it up for them.

Duffy's Mexican Costume Set Disney Land WDW Limited Edition Cute Shelliemay | eBay

Comment

Hazelandannie, what was the item on the link on Etsy? When I clicked on it this morning, it says the item is no longer available.

Comment

TNutter, it was ribbon that had many different poses of Duffy. As far as ribbon goes, I think it was reasonably priced (which still means expensive). There was a comment that only one batch was made and no more would be forthcoming. Once the stock was gone, that was it.

Comment

I will load more up today onto Etsy, I took it down due to a spelling mistake.

Comment

So I finally saw the train engineer costume in person today at the Disney Store in Tampa. It was cute but I decided not to get it. The quality was lacking for me. The material felt cheap. I was expecting something that looked and felt more like denim (like a real train engineer's overalls). Instead I got a Bambi t-shirt I'd had my eye on for months and they finally had it on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                  So I finally saw the train engineer costume in person today at the Disney Store in Tampa. It was cute but I decided not to get it. The quality was lacking for me. The material felt cheap. I was expecting something that looked and felt more like denim (like a real train engineer's overalls). Instead I got a Bambi t-shirt I'd had my eye on for months and they finally had it on sale.
                                  Was it the same outfit that was posted on the Disney blogs or a different one? Meaning there are three different outfits, a Disney store one, a Disney World one, and a Disneyland one.

Comment

tenchikiss, the park issued ones are expected in mid-July.

Comment

If the park specific train engineer costumes are the same quality as the Disney Store version, I'll be passing on those as well. From a distance and in photos it's cute but up close it just looks and feels cheap to me.

Comment

So the Uncle Sam Costume is out now in Florida.

Disney 17 in Duffy Bear July 4 Uncle Sam USA Clothes Mickey Mouse | eBay

I like the hat
                                        sigpic

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Why do they keep putting the buttons--er, "buttons"--on the wrong side? Speaking of which, though, at least the "buttons" are looking a bit better. It would still be difficult to make them look like real buttons, but at least they don't have the giant faux holes like a lot of the earlier ones.

Thanks for the link, Messica!
                                          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                          X