http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Originally posted by TOTnut View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]29886[/ATTACH]
      I love the Sulley costume. I'm not sure about the Halloween costume, though. When I first saw it, I immediately thought the Mad Hatter made a costume for Mardi Gras, then I thought about how the costume sort of reminded me of Dr. Facilier, the voodoo witch doctor from The Princess and The Frog. I think it could be cute, but I'll wait for more photos before I decide. From the photo it appears as if it may have pants, which would definitely give it a plus in my book.

The Uncle Sam/July 4th costume seems decent, and I agree with you, messica, about the hat. Some pants and real-looking buttons would have been nice, though. Just when Disney seems to be going in the right direction, they seem to take a few steps back. My local Disney Store is finally open and now that I finally have some spare time, hopefully I can check it out this weekend and review the Duffy display and the new train conductor outfit. I wonder if Disney released the train conductor outfit to coincide with the Duffy conductor hat completion pin they released earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by messica View Post
        So the Uncle Sam Costume is out now in Florida.

Disney 17 in Duffy Bear July 4 Uncle Sam USA Clothes Mickey Mouse | eBay

I like the hat

Wonder if this is in the parks at WDW now. It was not Tuesday. hmmmmmm

Comment

I'm disappointed in the Uncle Sam outfit. Why do they keep doing the same pattern for costumes, just changing the colors? St. Patrick's day, Mad Hatter, Uncle Sam...they are all basically the same...and this newest one doesn't look that great...
          Luv Duffy & Shellie May
          sigpic

Comment

Isn't the Uncle Sam outfit similar to the 12" Duffy? I'm not in love with the outfit, but at least it's finally a holiday outfit that isn't just a pre-dressed bear.
            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Saw this at Build a Bear today. The sales lady said it was new. I was actually going in to buy the black rubber shoes but there was no one pair I could see. I asked the sales lady and she said they pulled them all to test how well these shoes sell. If you ask they will bring a pair of rubber shoes out (if they have them and if your build a bear pulled them).

Comment

The Florida Mall store has the rubber boots. I also found the Cars slippers for 3.00! (I have been trying to get a pair for DD on Ebay for a few weeks so this was AWESOME!!!!)

Comment

Ok can we try to keep this thread to just US Parks/Disney Store Duffy merch? If you want I'll start a thread just for BAB finds. I'll go ahead and do it anyway. Keeping things separate will be best in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    Ok can we try to keep this thread to just US Parks/Disney Store Duffy merch? If you want I'll start a thread just for BAB finds. I'll go ahead and do it anyway. Keeping things separate will be best in the long run.
                    Sorry.

Comment

It's ok. Just trying to keep things on track so people don't get confused.

Comment

In that same merchandise thread, someone asked Steven Miller about plans to bring Shellie May to the U.S., and today he replied, "At this point, the Disney Theme Park Merchandise team is only focusing development around Duffy the Disney Bear for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts."

Comment

Originally posted by The First Star View Post
                          In that same merchandise thread, someone asked Steven Miller about plans to bring Shellie May to the U.S., and today he replied, "At this point, the Disney Theme Park Merchandise team is only focusing development around Duffy the Disney Bear for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts."
                          That's the response they give every time someone asks about Shellie May. Apparently CM's are spreading a rumor that Shellie May is coming to the parks next week. Yeah... NO. If she was coming, Disney would be making a BIG deal about it with an announcement at least a month in advance. Yet some are choosing to believe the rumor (some people will believe anything a CM tells them).

This is a rumor that just gets revived with a new "date" every few months. I really with the CM's who start these rumors would STOP. Duffy needs to be a LOT more popular here and get the respect he deserves here before they even THINK of bringing Shellie May over.

Comment

Ugh that is terrible! CM's getting everyones hopes up like that, they should be ashamed

Comment

And, at this point, since it doesn't seem like Duffy is gaining any kind of momentum in the parks, or Disney stores (in no small part to Disney's lack of effort), I highly doubt they will even bring ShellieMay here. Why would they invest in her, if they can't make Duffy work first? If Disney's past track record is any indication, if Duffy isn't a success, they will eventually abandon him again, not invest in a new character.
                              Meow

Comment

Based on things I've seen on eBay, they did introduce Shellie May to the Hawaiian resort, which I thought was strange since it isn't a park.

I was WRONG... (reference post 1077)
                                Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 05-16-2013, 11:58 AM. Reason: oops, ignorance!

Comment

Really? I've never seen any. Do you know any of the items, I'd love to see them. I know they did release a bunch of Duffy Aulani items, I've seen them selling on Yahoo Japan.
                                  Meow

Comment

My bad. I thought Kawaii was the Hawaiian resort. Damn, don't I feel like an idiot.

Kawaii ("lovable", "cute", or "adorable") is the quality of cuteness in the context of Japanese culture.

Comment

I am confused- where are CM's telling people that Shellie May is coming "next week"? I have not heard a CM say anything like that. Most often I hear CM's who love Duffy say they WISH Shellie May would come to WDW. It is far more common for CM's to not know anything about Duffy let alone Shellie May.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                                        My bad. I thought Kawaii was the Hawaiian resort. Damn, don't I feel like an idiot.

Kawaii ("lovable", "cute", or "adorable") is the quality of cuteness in the context of Japanese culture.

Don't feel bad-you saved me from looking it up! At Epcot last week one of the CM's in Japan said "Kawaii" when she saw Shellie May.

Comment

I think the bear on ebay is from The Disney Store in Japan.
                                          Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Comment

Working...
                                          X