Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

New Duffy Merchandise

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

The ones from TDS are 8" from bottom to top of head, as they are in a seated position. If you bend the leg, the standing height would be 10.5". So, it must be the same.

They are cute as can be; look at my Avatar and you can see.

(didn't mean to rhyme there, but I like it!)

Comment

I'm in the MK now. They had some puppets in the Emporium. No pillow pets. So I asked and the manager got out a few for me.

The puppets don't fit adult hands too well! But I still had to get one because he's so cute!
      www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

Have a magical day! Wish I was there with you.

Comment

Thanks! Dream along with Mickey is next!
          www.MyDuffyBear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sandrita View Post
            Bummer! Tuesdays are the best days to take my sister. - I can get her there early. Otherwise, we don't get there until 11:30 or 12 pm

I have to pick a day to take her either in two or three weeks. Are any other days good for you?
            The best days for me are Fridays and Sundays. Also, I work Saturday mornings, but am off Saturday afternoons. I had Wednesday afternoons off, but just yesterday someone quit and now I'm back to working all day.
            Luv Duffy & Shellie May
            sigpic

Comment

While I was taking a break at work yesterday, I decided I would go all the way back to beginning of this thread to look at the very first merchandise. I saw that updebrook (anyone know where she got off to?) kept mentioning the US parks saying they were planning on releasing a popcorn bucket and mug and never did. Anyone know what happened there or have any pictures of what the popcorn bucket was supposed to look like? So disappointed they didn't come out with one! I'm just guessing, though, that the mug turned out to be the ice cream cup and I managed to get one of those.

Comment

If I recall correctly, and I really may not, it was just a big Duffy head with the sailor hat as the lid, similar to the ice cream cup. Tokyo did start releasing popcorn buckets in this style, only without the Duffy logo emblazoned on the hat, thank goodness. I still didn't want one, though, until Halloween. I just :love: "Sweet little Duffy in a pumpkin patch!" Plus, it finally made up for the basket version I never got for Halloween. I would really like it if for Christmas, they do a Shellie head bucket, but I doubt it. The great thing is, I can just put a Santa hat over the Pumpkin, change the strap, and have my own Christmas version...because I really, really needed one more project.

Comment

Ran off to the Magic Kingdom today. They were well stocked with Duffy Puppets and pillows. Also found the Pj Box set and Halloween outfit.

Comment

Was at Epcot today and they only had a couple puppets at Disney Traders (Duffy store) but several at MouseGear. Both store had plenty of pillow pets though. Also lots of jammies & Mickey costume trunks and Halloween & Sulley costumes.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                      If I recall correctly, and I really may not, it was just a big Duffy head with the sailor hat as the lid, similar to the ice cream cup. Tokyo did start releasing popcorn buckets in this style, only without the Duffy logo emblazoned on the hat, thank goodness. I still didn't want one, though, until Halloween. I just :love: "Sweet little Duffy in a pumpkin patch!" Plus, it finally made up for the basket version I never got for Halloween. I would really like it if for Christmas, they do a Shellie head bucket, but I doubt it. The great thing is, I can just put a Santa hat over the Pumpkin, change the strap, and have my own Christmas version...because I really, really needed one more project.
                      This was the Duffy Head Cup bowl that came out.

The Great Duffy Head Cup Poll | the disney food blog

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-10-11 at 10.24.01 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	7352961
                      www.MyDuffyBear.com

Comment

Hey! This just showed up on ebay. It's a Duffy head piggy bank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16JHJFsFFRtf10,FBS(HhYeo6w~~60_57.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	7353000The description says that it's 'new' and 'rare' - they like to say rare so it will sell....

Anyway, I guess this is coming to WDW soon.
                        www.MyDuffyBear.com

Comment

1. looks like the ice cream head with a slit in the top.
                          2. looks like my couch. Alas, it is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                            1. looks like the ice cream head with a slit in the top.
                            2. looks like my couch. Alas, it is not.

Yes! It looks like they were able to 're-purpose' the ice cream head that creeped so many people out!
                            www.MyDuffyBear.com

Comment

DisneyStore.com now has the PJ set.

Comment

Ok just saw this posted on the DisneyParks Blog. It's about Hong Kong's merchandise but look at the shirt in the left corner of the top photo.... That is an ADULT SIZE version of Duffy's pumpkin costume!!! You can even see the Duffy logo on the left sleeve!

Window Shopping at Disney Parks Around the World: Boo-tiful Merchandise Materializes at Hong Kong Disneyland « Disney Parks Blog

Yep even HKDL and DLP get better stuff than the US parks do! NOT. FAIR. :thumbdown :rant: :monkey:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                  Ok just saw this posted on the DisneyParks Blog. It's about Hong Kong's merchandise but look at the shirt in the left corner of the top photo.... That is an ADULT SIZE version of Duffy's pumpkin costume!!! You can even see the Duffy logo on the left sleeve!

Window Shopping at Disney Parks Around the World: Boo-tiful Merchandise Materializes at Hong Kong Disneyland « Disney Parks Blog

Yep even HKDL and DLP get better stuff than the US parks do! NOT. FAIR. :thumbdown :rant: :monkey:
                                  OMG! That's so awesome! Only I can see more Chinese wearing this than Americans.. Oh, well.... Maybe it will show up on ebay one day!
                                  www.MyDuffyBear.com

Comment

I would have totally bought one so me & Duffy could be "twins". I got SO many comments and "OMG where did you get those?" with our matching Monsters University shirts.

Comment

I would buy one too! That's awesome!
                                      Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sandrita View Post
                                        This was the Duffy Head Cup bowl that came out.

The Great Duffy Head Cup Poll | the disney food blog

Photos don't really do justice to the disparity here, but...

Duffy is centrally and essentially about CAREful design. Besides the fact that it's "cuter," with sparkling eyes and separately molded colored plastic for the different head and BOTH the white AND the blue on the hat, the most significant point here is that the designers working on Tokyo Duffy saw any "solution" that meant a seam going through Duffy's head as if he was scalped as not a solution at all and KEPT WORKING.

Speaking of things photos don't do justice to, WLers who got the SCT Popcorn Bucket are in for a great surprise! I thought something wasn't coming across clearly in those photos, but I never imagined it to be like it is! The Dessert Cups and Plates are also MUCH more vivid and crisp than I ever imagined, and easily the most beautiful application of color EVER. I mean EVER ever. You will be stunned. Previous releases have been great, but this blows them all away in terms of quality, saturation and just gorgeous richness. I wasn't necessarily planning to buy these, but they are MUST haves for me now. The white, too, is fascinating and delicate. It really is snow-colored, and the blue mist inside the cup is so delicate, subtle. This is a fantastic set!

Hong Kong's stuff looks awesome. I really wish we had news about how popular Duffy is there and what the locals think of him.
                                        Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 11-01-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I think it's really the subtle differences that really make the popcorn buckets too. The eyes of the US version are flat and maybe even a bit too small, while the mouth is just too distracting and the big smile combined with the tiny eyes just seems creepy. You can see also the fur on the Japanese one is much more subtle and not lumpy or distracting. I also think that the smaller hat makes it look more cute, and puts the emphasis on Duffy himself, while the US one you're not really sure what to do with it. It really is a matter of design there, and there was definitely a lot that could have been done to the US one to make it more friendly and nice-looking even if you just ignore the problem of the cut-through-the-head.
                                          Chronically ill lurker will be lurking.
                                          Please contact me via PM or tumblr ask if you need to get ahold of me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X