Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

New Duffy Merchandise

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeee-va
    replied
    I'm absolutely horrified about whoever puncturing the bows with the security tag...that's ridiculous! And the insistence on the October 13th is also ludicrous. I didn't think Disney could do worse than my expectations with their release of Shellie May, but it looks like I was wrong.

So the bears aren't off-model? I know you have issues with the photos but I'd love to see if you get them to work. I'm curious to see them in person...if she's not delightful I probably will need to not buy one at Disneyland.

Obviously it's not the same thing, but I know my Smiling Shellie May from Tokyo DisneySea from 2012 (the first year of release) is noticeably different from the 2014 (last year of release) one. Granted, probably most of the differences are because the 2012 model was rather well-loved by 2014 (certainly that accounts for differences in color and fur texture) and her face shape has probably been altered by being squished out of her Spring Voyage top and possibly by my homemade bows. But there are still differences.

2014 Smiling Shellie May on the left in her "meet" outfit; 2012 Smiling Shellie May on the right in a magenta Hello Kitty happi coat and bloomers made by Aimster's aunt

And here was 2012 Shellie May when she was new. She's not nearly as different as she is now, but I still think the difference is noticeable, and I'm not all that good at seeing subtle differences...

Leave a comment:

• mercy
    replied
    After calming down after yesterday's random field trip to the parks, I have to say two things really struck me as odd.

One was the World of Disney cast member's insistence that the Shellie May release was always going to be October 13th. That just doesn't make sense, based on numerous comments and conversations that I and others have had. It was annoying. She tried to justify the verbalization of the October 20th date as "information so we wouldn't be disappointed". I have no idea where she was going with that.

The other is that I found the selection of 17-inch Shellie Mays to be rather sad. Several of them had their bows punctured (!) with the security tag. Not all, so it was a possibility to tag them without getting the bow. And when I got the bear home...she looks totally different than the one I just received from DuffyDaisuki. The second Shellie May's head is just oblong, no other way to describe it. I took a shelf photo and they all looked like that. Mine is round and full, brimming with personality (and sass...my SM is very sassy).

There is nothing *wrong* with them, but they don't look the same. I was a bit shocked, in my mind's eye at the store they were THE BEAR I had been hunting for. And they still are, but less...round. Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyDaisuki
    replied
    Originally posted by mmommie View Post
    Thanks, mmommie. That cheerleader uniform just goes all the way over the line and is actually offensive. It has absolutely NO RESPECT for Shellie's identity. Even if ShellieMay was going to dress as a cheerleader, she'd look more like Betty and Veronica, less like 80s Barbie. That thing is a nightmare.

Duffy's Little Green Men PJs are actually cute, and I'd totally endorse them as "little boy pajamas." But Cape Cod Duffy wears cozy plaid nightshirts and striped long johns. It's cute. It's Disney. But it isn't Duffy. And if we decide/are forced to accept that it is, then Duffy is changed into something more saccharine, something more simplistic…something less.

Leave a comment:

• malice
    replied
    I've been out of the Duffy collecting loop for awhile, but I look forward to seeing Shellie May at Epcot next Tuesday for her possible debut. I'm kind of annoyed at myself for not asking a sibling who recently traveled to Japan (including TDS) to pick out a Gelatoni.

Leave a comment:

• mmommie
    replied
    Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post

Frustrating that it seems like a lot of Duffy sales in the US is to these people…

I haven't seen the Shellie cheerleader or Duffy's Alien PJs. Anybody got images?
    Not my listings but these are the pics I found. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2015-12-...item5425a3b091

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hong-Kong-Di...item1ea5642690

Leave a comment:

• DuffyDaisuki
    replied
    Originally posted by mercy View Post
    …But Shellie May was still there: books, pillow pets, 12-inch cheerleader, outfits... All out and available.

The cast member that rang me up said that she was told 10/13 as the release date. And that someone came in last night and purchased 25 (!) 17-inch bears.
    Frustrating that it seems like a lot of Duffy sales in the US is to these people…

I haven't seen the Shellie cheerleader or Duffy's Alien PJs. Anybody got images?

Leave a comment:

• mmommie
    replied
    I swear Disney is trying to drive me mad! I found pics on Ebay of Shellie May's PJ and Duffy Alien Pjs'. The listing is from Hong Kong......

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied
    Ooops. I forgot to post about the merchandise in the merchandise thread!!!!!!! Sorry. All the merch that mercy said. i noticed that the my first bears had clothes sewn to their bear bodies. i prefer to dress and undress my 12" and 9" bears but some people in my bear loving clan collect and love and pose and play with their pre-dressed 12" brood. The cheer bear looked undressable. (Um...that sounds wrong).

Leave a comment:

• shellie may
    replied
    Someone took me on a surprise trip to Downtown Disney last night. I was in a plaid skirt...if anyone else was around. i talked to more than one group of people visiting from Japan, and took a really sweet picture of a TDS bear dressed in TDS clothing (i recognized the outfit but don't know the name. it was autumn themed). My bear outfit from home got a lot of "kawaiiiiiii"s last night. And i was braced for some negativity but experienced none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! Even the CM who rang up my purchases was sweet and excited for the new releases.

i hope to post some pictures at some point. It was such a fun evening. My favoritest bear 'tender' in all of the whole wide world is also my 'tech support' and she is on a field trip with her elementary school class...

Leave a comment:

• mercy
    replied
    Mmommie, I can't get PhotoBucket to work...still! I would post pictures, trust me.

I picked up just the 17-inch bear, a Tinkerbell outfit and the book. They had the cheerleader 12-inch, the 1st bear 12-inch, the pillow pet, and outfits (Aurora, Marie, the PJs and Minnie - the last two boxed).

Leave a comment:

• mmommie
    replied
    Well, today was confounding... I saw a picture on another board that World of Disney in Dowtown Disney Anaheim stocked items yesterday. So, I left work and drove over...convinced that it was an error and they'd already be gone by the time I arrived.

But Shellie May was still there: books, pillow pets, 12-inch cheerleader, outfits... All out and available.

The cast member that rang me up said that she was told 10/13 as the release date. And that someone came in last night and purchased 25 (!) 17-inch bears.

So she's back in Anaheim, although I only checked the one store (too hot and humid, I was dressed for work with no sunscreen). Shenanigans!
    For my own sanity, can you please post pictures of what you bought? I trust you more than a major corporation LOL.

Leave a comment:

• mercy
    replied
    Well, today was confounding... I saw a picture on another board that World of Disney in Dowtown Disney Anaheim stocked items yesterday. So, I left work and drove over...convinced that it was an error and they'd already be gone by the time I arrived.

But Shellie May was still there: books, pillow pets, 12-inch cheerleader, outfits... All out and available.

So she's back in Anaheim, although I only checked the one store (too hot and humid, I was dressed for work with no sunscreen). Shenanigans!

Leave a comment:

• tink1223
    replied
    So I was at Disney today and after a wild goose chase was able to buy the Shelliemay pillow pet which is absolutely adorable by the way but the wouldn't sell me anything else. Steven Miller has confirmed 10/20 as the official release date so I will be there for sure. The managers at MK and Epcot both told me they have the majority of the merchandise in the back but we're not allowed to sell until next Tuesday. My friend met up with me and gave me my tink outfit and 12" day in the park Shellie. Unfortunately her pin pouch does not open at all and the ears are sewn on her head plus the shoes are horrible other than that she's cute. The Marie outfit is adorable and super soft. Also the princess Minnie outfit is the pink one. Both are $22 and the alien pjs are out for Duffy now

Leave a comment:

• mercy
    replied
    Originally posted by mmommie View Post

LOL " I can't confirm the 20th, but be at store A on the 20th" LOL.

So far I have been told by a CM at Fun Finds, Mousegears, retail "manager" at Epcot and a Manager at Fun Finds-the 20th. That being said-I may wait till the 22 LOL
    Ha, I don't blame you - mixed messages at best! At one point I was in Big Top Toys in DCA, walking in circles around the Duffy display (which is in a round metal shelf), literally moving each Duffy to see if there were any Shellie Mays lurking. My Mom was laughing at me. Hee.

The Cast Member relaxed once he realized I wasn't really upset at her being pulled and was willing to give me a bit more information, but again with a big cautionary warning along with it. It was too funny.

Leave a comment:

• mmommie
    replied
    The gentleman I spoke with on Saturday at DCA was extremely reluctant to confirm he had heard 10/20, mainly because it hadn't come from an official source. He very carefully cautioned me and mentioned that often they don't know new items are being stocked for sale until the day of release.

Then he gave me shopping advice, which I thought was pretty amusing - which stores would be stocked, to be sure to be there at opening.
    LOL " I can't confirm the 20th, but be at store A on the 20th" LOL.

So far I have been told by a CM at Fun Finds, Mousegears, retail "manager" at Epcot and a Manager at Fun Finds-the 20th. That being said-I may wait till the 22 LOL

Leave a comment:

• mercy
    replied
    The gentleman I spoke with on Saturday at DCA was extremely reluctant to confirm he had heard 10/20, mainly because it hadn't come from an official source. He very carefully cautioned me and mentioned that often they don't know new items are being stocked for sale until the day of release.

Then he gave me shopping advice, which I thought was pretty amusing - which stores would be stocked, to be sure to be there at opening.

Leave a comment:

• mmommie
    replied
    I did a bit of a search and found the Santa Duffy is not new. But from 2014. (Some how I missed him last year?) http://www.magicalearscollectibles.c...-9_p_8709.html This is what the one on the app looks like.

I was told in a couple locations, by a few different managers the release date was the 20th. I am not holding my breath.

Leave a comment:

• Eeee-va
    replied
    If I recall correctly, the comments from the merchandiser on Disney's page indicated that she was due to come out sometime this month. (One member of the public posted 10/20 and another posted 10/13! Disney, of course, didn't bother to give a date, even though they've clearly put some belated effort into rolling the merchandise out on the same day.)

Is the 9" Santa Duffy different than the other 2 that were released? My phone has no memory so I can't download the app. I have the first 9" Santa Duffy, which has a hat just like the Christmas meet and greet Duffy (sniff), and then they made a slightly different one, maybe with no holly berries.

I want a 9" Shellie May very much, but I want her to be on model...the Hong Kong ones I've seen APPEAR to have noses that are too small, though I have no idea if that might just be the nose attracting her fur. (I think my Smiling Shellie May might have a nose that's proportionally bigger than the 17" Shellie May's, too, which would skew my perception a LITTLE, but the 9" Shellie Mays I see on eBay from Hong Kong just look off.)

Leave a comment:

• mmommie
    replied
    I don't know at what point I will finally concede and accept in my heart that Disney truly has NO idea what they are doing with my beloved bears..........the app shows a new Santa Duffy that is 9 inches. (Of course it is not actually avail on property, but you can put it in your cart on the app.) Looking at the "Walt Disney" 12 year bear, he seems to "match" the theme park Shellie May. Soooo if we are matching-the Minnie should be as "plush" as the 32.00 Mickey. The tinkerbell should be "box set quality" to match Peter Pan. I also wonder if the "princess" we have heard about is the the blah Cinderella from the pic yesterday.

oh and not that it means ANYTHING....... but a "CM" on another board yesterday said that the release of Shellie May had been delayed. For what it is worth an Epcot Merch CM (on the same board) was insisting they were removing all Duffy items from the park. (We need better smilies)

Leave a comment:

• mmommie
    replied
    I saw the pillow pets on the app last night. I also read somewhere, where people people were told the pillow pets were to be sold as a package with the book. I am happy to say that has not been our experience. The books have been property wide with no mention of the pillow pet. And the pillow pets show as "Out of stock" on the app.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X