Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Ugh! I want a Duffy shirt! I've been waiting for one to come out forever! Why can't we get these things in at WDW?
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May
    sigpic

Comment

Hi, I am new here. A friend recently introduced me to Duffy and now I cannot get enough! That same friend was in Florida last week and told me she saw a Duffy Frozen costume. When she went back to purchase me one, supposedly they were gone. I have not seen a picture of this particular costume, but I am searching for the Duffy Frozen costume.

Does anyone have or has anyone seen a Duffy Frozen costume? Thank you!

Jen

Comment

We have a poster here that made a Frozen costume. I think it was Eeeeee va-there is a picture in the photo thread.

I am in Florida and have not seen a Frozen costume.

Comment

The only one I'm aware of is the one that I made for a Spring Voyage Smiling Shellie May. Unfortunately, it would not fit a 17" Duffy (or a 12" Duffy for that matter) and it is not for sale.

Disney US doesn't make girl Duffy costumes, and I don't think Tokyo DisneySea makes character costumes for Shellie May either (despite some unscrupulous eBay listings implying a Build a Bear costume is from Tokyo DisneySea!). So if your friend DID see a Duffy-sized Frozen outfit, it would probably be handmade--I don't THINK Build a Bear has an outfit yet.

(I'm pretty sure Build a Bear will make an Anna costume for bears SOMEDAY, and maybe Elsa too!)
          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Thank you so much for the replies, mmommie and Eee-va!

Eee-va, you are very talented and crafty. That is an adorable picture!

Please keep me informed if you happen to run across one. I am hopeful for an Olaf costume one day!

Thanks again!

Jen

Comment

Oh, a Duffy Olaf costume would be adorable! Eeee-va's Anna costume for her ShellieMay is amazing. I wish TDS would make something similar.

Comment

Hi,

As the year is drawing to a close, and I am new to how this works, when do those in charge start releasing information on upcoming Duffy costumes for 2014 in the U.S.?

How often does Disney release Duffy outfits? Thanks in advance!

Jen

Comment

Disney seems to announce new outfits sporadically. You never know when they might make an announcement. I think we found out about the elf boxed costume in late summer when they were announcing other holiday merch offerings. The Santa costume that came out later was NOT announced and was a surprise to us all.

My best advice would to keep up with the forums here and to check the Disney Parks Blog as they announce all that stuff on there... and whoever on here sees it first will most likely post the info here in the forums.

I personally tend to not care for most of the costumes that Disney releases because they're too.... costumey. My bears prefer to wear "everyday" clothes mostly, so about 85% of their stuff comes from Build A Bear. Also I've notices a lot of times Build A Bear's version of Disney costumes are way better than they parks versions.

Oh and even Build A Bear doesn't have any Frozen-related costumes or clothes right now. They most recent Disney thing they've come out with was a couple of Planes shirts/outfits back when they movie came out last summer.

Comment

Thank you, aimster, for the very helpful post! It is much appreciated!

Jen

Comment

From the Disney Parks Blog:

First Look at New Pins Coming to Disney Parks in 2014 « Disney Parks Blog

Showcasing a new set of park pins for 2014, and among them is the "Characters & Camera" pin surprise pin set. One pin from the set has Duffy on it.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Wow Duffy looks awful on that pin. Doesn't even look like the walkaround character.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          Wow Duffy looks awful on that pin. Doesn't even look like the walkaround character.
                          It looks like a monkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                            It looks like a monkey.
                            OMG you're right! :lol:

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Originally posted by JenLoehr View Post
                              Thank you, aimster, for the very helpful post! It is much appreciated!

Jen
                              Yes, I second this! Thank you

Paula C.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DBO873626-613x435.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	7353497New Costumes coming for Duffy

sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DBO873628-613x371.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	7353498

sigpic

Comment

There are a few more on the Disney Blog but the picture is too large and I can't upload it

sigpic

Comment

OMG the pinokio one is so cute! And it's sad that the explorer outfit isn't a loose outfit

Comment

I like how the costume for St Patricks and Easter is the same. It is nice they made it reversible.

Comment

Originally posted by Poohkat View Post
                                          I like how the costume for St Patricks and Easter is the same. It is nice they made it reversible.
                                          I noticed it was reversible, but did not recognize that the striped side was for Easter/Spring.
                                          Thanks for pointing that out, Poohkat.

Comment

Working...
                                          X