Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

New Duffy Merchandise

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

They will also have a Maleficent costume soon as well...

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
      They will also have a Maleficent costume soon as well...
      SHUTYOMOUTH!!! *dies blissful*

PS: Should we have a separate thread for Build-A-Bear?^^

Comment

I think build a bear stuff should be separated from the official duffy stuff
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry to ask but Im planning on getting a Duffy on my next visit and was wondering if the outfits fit the same from build a bear as from the Duffy shop in DCA? I've seen and was planning to get the Duffy/Buzz light year one but came across this outfit on BAB and wanted to know if it would fit?

Jedi Knight Outfit 4 pc. - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

Comment

^ That will indeed fit the 17" Duffy! 99% of my Duffy's clothes/costumes are from Build a Bear and their stuff fits him perfectly, even the shoes!

BTW, I just saw this on BAB's Facebook page:

Get 20% off ALL CLOTHING online only, now through Sunday, April 24! Use code 96157 at checkout. Includes outfits and separates; excludes accessories.

You can use that code to get the Jedi costume 20% off! I think I'll be doing the same as I've been eyeing that one for a few months.

Comment

Oh thank you so much aimster!

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                You can really see the improvement in the quality of materials and construction over the years, especially the sturdiness of the 2010 hat and the true scale and clean details on the tie, etc. Perhaps it really is fair to expect the American releases to improve over time as well; I had almost forgotten that there was absolutely a time when Japanese Duffy releases were more similar to what the US is getting today.
                That's really interesting. I wonder if this means that as Duffy gains popularity in the US (if he does) then maybe the quality of the materials will increase, following the Japanese trend. It would be nice if that were the case!

--

Those Build a Bear costumes are really cute by the way! I want that Captain Hook one. They even have a Rapunzel dress! I wish I had a Shellie May!

Comment

Thanks for the photos of the sailor suites. I think 2010 is my favorite year for a lot of the costumes.
                  Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                  Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

Comment

Hey, guys, let's move the Build-A-Bear talk to THIS THREAD. This one is supposed to be about official US Disney Parks Duffy costume releases, ok?

Comment

Hey, DuffyDaisuki, you gave me an idea! I took pictures of my Duffy & Shellie May wearing the 2010 sailor costumes with the 2011 winter peacoats. They look great together, the colors are perfect.

Oh, and I'm sorry about the fuzziness on these pictures. My real camera broke, and I only have my cell phone to take pictures...so, the quality is...lacking...
                      Meow

Comment

Very Cute Gurgi!!! They look like castmembers! Love it!
                        sigpic

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Comment

God Bless America.....4th of July Duffy is here at WDW!

Comment

Already?! Easter was just yesterday! Good lawd. He's super cute though! I'll have to figure out a weekend to go to Orlando so I can pick one up at DTD. Been trying to talk the BF into doing a day in Orlando for awhile. Will see if I can talk him into one weekend next month.

Comment

Wow that was fast! HE LOOKS SOOO Cute! I think this one is the best one yet!

Comment

I honestly wish they would sell these outfits for our Duffy's. Not with the whole bear etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
                                  I honestly wish they would sell these outfits for our Duffy's. Not with the whole bear etc.
                                  Me too! I just don't have the room for all the separate Duffys. It seems like such a wasted opportunity. They could offer both, and give people the option.
                                  Meow

Comment

well i had an idea but I don't know if it would work, depending on if those clothes would fit our duffy's but i had an idea to buy that duffy take the clothes off of him and keep them for my duffy and then sell the naked duffy on ebay, i don' think the tags are any different from the 17 inch duffy so i don't think it would matter much, its just a matter of would the clothed duffy's clothes fit my duffy?
                                    sigpic

Comment

I too wish they stop selling the season costumes with the smaller bears. why do they do that? I just don't have the room or the want for all the Duffys. Sad, oh well, money i wont be spending.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
                                        well i had an idea but I don't know if it would work, depending on if those clothes would fit our duffy's but i had an idea to buy that duffy take the clothes off of him and keep them for my duffy and then sell the naked duffy on ebay, i don' think the tags are any different from the 17 inch duffy so i don't think it would matter much, its just a matter of would the clothed duffy's clothes fit my duffy?
                                        They really won't fit the 17" Duffy. It would look like he had a growth spurt and everything was too tight, LOL. The smaller ones are 12", so there's a 5" difference in size, which makes a big difference with the clothes.

Although...now that I think about it, you could actually buy one of the smaller costumed ones and clip the costume off it, so it would be "naked". Then, buy each seasonal bear, clip it's costume off and just put the costumes on the 12" bear. You could sell the smaller ones you don't need, or something. I hadn't thought of doing that myself until just now. Still, I would prefer to have my larger bears clothed...
                                        Meow

Comment

I think some things would fit--like the hats or accessories. Jackets might too. I think the pants would be the biggest issue.

I never thought about that either, though, it could work XD Except, I'd probably feel bad if I did.

Comment

Working...
                                          X