Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

New Duffy Merchandise

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Some of the costumes are sewn on, like hats & stuff, so it would be tricky to get those off.

Comment

Yeah It was just I thought cause some of the outfits are really cute, but I don't even really have the money to even test it out, I have to save for shellie may and possibly get a lakers build a bear outfit for my duffy
      sigpic

Comment

Guess its back to BaB for 4th of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day shirt for Duffy. Gee Disney, get with the program, we want holiday costumes for 17" Duffy!
        Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

It sucks they increased the price of even the 12" bears to $30. Even a 17" isn't worth that much to me. $15 or $20 maybe, but no more than that. But I just can't pass them up but if they come out with different holiday ones next year, I doubt I'll get them. I'm pushing 40... I don't have room for a bazillion teddy bears.

Comment

Ok you guys are gonna love this.

I just saw a 4th of July Duffy on Ebay for...

$359.50!

Seriously????

10 Disney Uncle Sam 4th of July Mickey Duffy Bear 12" | eBay

What kind of bad crack is this seller smoking? :blink:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

$359.50!

Seriously????

I imagine that some avid Duffy collector somewhere, maybe Japan, would go for that.

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                Hey, DuffyDaisuki, you gave me an idea! I took pictures of my Duffy & Shellie May wearing the 2010 sailor costumes with the 2011 winter peacoats. They look great together, the colors are perfect.

Originally posted by messica View Post
                Very Cute Gurgi!!! They look like castmembers! Love it!
                They really do! I :love: it, too!

Originally posted by updebrooke View Post
                God Bless America.....4th of July Duffy is here at WDW!

Originally posted by FI183 View Post
                Wow that was fast! HE LOOKS SOOO Cute! I think this one is the best one yet!
                I agree. This is the best seasonal 12" they've done. It actually looks like it's made from quality materials and the proportions of all the design elements are balanced, as well as the colors and shapes. It finally really looks like it could be worth $15 or $20. Too bad it just went up to $30, though.

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
                I honestly wish they would sell these outfits for our Duffy's. Not with the whole bear etc.
                I guess they don't like money. Wait... That can't be right. I really don't understand what the hesitation is here. Maybe it's that it would cost so much more to make the costumes removable, since jackets would have to have liners and general construction would have to be sturdier. They could still make a profit, but their margin would be smaller than the probly 500% they're getting for these 12" bears. At the end of the day, only the Oriental Land Company understands the value of a smaller profit margin for the sake of lasting excellent brand image, devout brand loyalty and long-term sales. The bottom line is very different, and WDC's is not Walt Disney's. It's lucky for everyone there that the rumors of his head being potentially reanimated are just a myth, because they would be in for some T-R-O-U-B-L-E if he ever woke up and saw what they've done to his name.

$359.50!

Seriously????

Actually, it just makes me really sad. I just hope nobody falls for it. When I see crap like this, I can understand why the standard Ebay rates for Duffy stuff are so high. If somebody can sell something at this rate, you figure you can charge 100% mark-up. I mean, it's still cheaper than this, right? So then, why not 200~300%? *sigh* It's also obvious with a price like this that the seller didn't buy it in order to help people in the world (most of them) who don't happen to live near one of the US parks be able to get this item. The seller bought it, probably in bulk, hoping only to profit. Likely the seller doesn't even care about Duffy in any way. In fact, this and other sellers may have bought so many that the items sold out quickly and were unavailable when people from far away places visited the US Resorts on vacation. Scalping is always sad.

Comment

Yea, we sold out of uncle Sam Here already! I didnt even get to see it up close! These people are greedy! I can't believe they would do this!

Comment

Oh I meant the "You guys are gonna love this" in a sarcastic sense. It's amazing how stupid and greedy some sellers can be and how some stupid some buyers actually are to fall for stuff like that.

And I see it's a lot of 10 bears, so all things considered, that price is almost reasonable, considering 10 bears at $30 a pop is $300 right there. I really need to read things better before I post. I am so blind sometimes.

Comment

Oh I meant the "You guys are gonna love this" in a sarcastic sense. It's amazing how stupid and greedy some sellers can be and how some stupid some buyers actually are to fall for stuff like that.
                      Some of those buyers may not even speak English as a first language, so it's probably not only stupidity. Sellers exaggerating prices is just exploitive manipulation.

And I see it's a lot of 10 bears, so all things considered, that price is almost reasonable, considering 10 bears at $30 a pop is $300 right there. I really need to read things better before I post. I am so blind sometimes.
                      Thanks for the clarification. I clicked the link, but looked quickly and I didn't notice that myself.

Comment

Originally posted by FI183 View Post
                        Yea, we sold out of uncle Sam Here already! I didnt even get to see it up close! These people are greedy! I can't believe they would do this!
                        i know what you mean I was down in disney on st patricks day and they were all sold out of the st pattys day pins i had to get my on ebay and the person was selling more than 10 of them and the price was higher than what it would have been in the parks, i don't know why people do that
                        sigpic

Comment

It's unfortunately something people do. My dad used to be somewhat that way when I was younger and I would remember him taking me to the store and having me look through the Beanie Babies to see if any of them were the rare discolored kind.

But it's one thing to try and look for a few things to sell. It's another to buy up -everything- just to resell for higher. That really upsets me. A friend of mine lives close to Disney Land and was looking to try and get some for us to share, but at this rate, it seems unlikely that she'll find any when she gets there. :/

Comment

$359.50!

Seriously????

Well, it is a lot of 10 bears. So, at the new $30 price each, even that would be $300...so, it's not totally crazy...it's just a lot of 10 is kind of crazy. I think these people are selling to Japanese power-sellers, or shops. I'm not sure the average Japanese Duffy fan is buying these bulk lots...
                            Meow

Comment

How do these major buyers know when Disney is putting out new Duffy Items? They must have friends who work there or go to the parks several times a week. Wish I had that kind of time. Love to be in the parks several times a week. the only time I got to that was when I was a CM. And then you never wanted to be in the parks on your day off. lol
                              Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Janell View Post
                                How do these major buyers know when Disney is putting out new Duffy Items? They must have friends who work there or go to the parks several times a week. Wish I had that kind of time. Love to be in the parks several times a week. the only time I got to that was when I was a CM. And then you never wanted to be in the parks on your day off. lol
                                That's a good question! I've seen some buyers get things even before the stores do...so, there's some kind of backroom deal going on there, I think. Especially the ones that buy in bulk. Maybe it's because of the pin craze, but I'll bet there are also AP's who go almost every day, or at least know when to hit stores early to buy up everything. It could also be some CM's who work in the warehouses and see things before they are stocked and either steal them (a huge assumption on my part, sorry), or they know they are there and run to buy them at discount when they hit the store shelves.

Although isn't there something in the CM guidelines that forbid buying things to resell them?
                                Meow

Comment

Unfortunately, even when there's guidelines, people still will break them.

I remember an article about come CMs who would walk around in costumes and did horrible things behind the scenes and would film them and put them on Youtube. They all got fired. >_>

But yeah, I know friends of mine know people who work for Gamestop or Toys R Us and sometimes do things--I personally would feel bad so I don't, but it's not unheard of. Though, at least my friends would get it for themselves, not to sell =(

Comment

Any clue when the pirates outfit will be out?

Comment

Considering the blog keeps talking about how new stuff is coming out for PotC, I can't help but wonder if the pirate costume will come out then too.

Comment

I was on japan auctions just browsing duffy stuff and came across some home made jack sparrow and elizabeth swann pirated outfits for duffy and shelliemay and are hoping that build a bear or disney comes out with official pirates costumes for duffy, I really want him dressed like jack sparrow, I wish they would come out with one tomarrow or something so that I could take him to the midnight showing with me
                                        sigpic

Comment

F183 reports on her Twitter that the Cars and Pirates Outfits are now available! I knew it! I knew the pirate outfit was going to be one of the new outfits coming out! Just in time for Pirates 4!

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                                          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                                          Indy Ride Count: 2211
                                          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Working...
                                          X