• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

I found fireman duffy today at Disney California Adventure
    Attached Files

Comment

What happened to Duffy at Disney Traders on World showcase at Epcot? I walked in the store and no sign of Duffy, even the Duffys behind the counter are gone! I asked the lady at the counter and she sadly said they moved everything to the stinky Mouse gears store. I ran over there and there was only a few outfits and ponchos and not even a Duffy. Are they phasing Duffy out?

Comment

That is weird! There was a time not so long ago when Duffy disappeared. There didn't seem to be a reason, other than perhaps they were changing the fur again.

Aimster, any word on the other forms you review?

Comment

Duffy is still being sold in several locations in Epcot. We were told today the removal of the Duffy items is temporary-just for the World Cup. The Duffy shop should be back this summer.

We were encouraged to visit Guest Services and express our displeasure. So if anyone is in the parks the next few weeks-stop in and let them know we want Duffy back!

Comment

Good to know, mmommie. Makes no sense to me for Duffy to take a back seat though. Rather a kick in the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by mmommie View Post
              Duffy is still being sold in several locations in Epcot. We were told today the removal of the Duffy items is temporary-just for the World Cup. The Duffy shop should be back this summer.

We were encouraged to visit Guest Services and express our displeasure. So if anyone is in the parks the next few weeks-stop in and let them know we want Duffy back!
              Yeah a friend of mine was at the parks yesterday and she texted me about that and I was all "GO FIND A CAST MEMBER AND ASK THEM WHAT'S GOING ON!" She texted me back it she was told it's only temporary. Phew! Good.

World Cup starts next month (and it's in Brazil this year and you know how WDW gets a lot of Brazilian tour groups).

Comment

That probably means they'll have another 12" Duffy pre-dressed in a soccer outfit.

Comment

They just came out with a 12" Firefighter Duffy on both coasts. I don't have photos but I know Sandrita does.

My 17" Duffy already has a soccer kit as well as a Netherlands national team kit (thanks to a friend who picked up a newborn size in the Netherlands for me - it's big on Duffy but we make it work). But a "generic" 2014 World Cup Duffy would be cute.

Comment

Found out from a CM friend that at Once Upon a Toy at WDW's Downtown Disney, they got the Duffy head purse things. Apparently they're only at this location right now. I saw a photo and it looks exactly like the Tokyo version. No idea how much they cost though.

Comment

The coin purse that is only the head or the bag with handles and the head on the side?

Comment

It's just the head. It's $18. I found mine at the main shop at Magic Kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          Found out from a CM friend that at Once Upon a Toy at WDW's Downtown Disney, they got the Duffy head purse things. Apparently they're only at this location right now. I saw a photo and it looks exactly like the Tokyo version. No idea how much they cost though.

We saw the purse at Epcot(MouseGears) last week.

Comment

Does anyone know if the duffy puppet is still available in the US?

Comment

And it's as if it's fate that the day I ask that is the day I notice them back on disney store

Comment

Can someone post a picture of the purse next time you go to the park?

sigpic

Comment

It looks like the coin purse from TDS

Comment

Originally posted by disneyhangs22 View Post
                                    Does anyone know if the duffy puppet is still available in the US?

Duffy puppet is available at all four parks at disney world. I'm here now and they have pretty much everything except the fireman bear. I got one last week though so they are here and not very cute the noses seem to be all messed up

Comment

I was at Epcot on Thursday the 22nd. Mission to create all the Frozen pennies so naturally I went into the Duffy Store. Or what I thought was the Duffy store. Soccer/fotball stuff everyone. Color me confused. I asked a castmember what was up and if this was temporary for the World Cup. She told me NO. And she was extremely upset about it. Two other cast members joined our little group and talked about how all the Duffy fixtures were going to be taken down soon and how sad it was going to be that day. One of the older cast members was really upset about this change. I asked if Duffy's meet and greet was leaving and she said no but it won't be the same with all the merchandise all the way in Mouse Gears. Just reporting what I heard from cast members who regularly work that store and actually care about Duffy. I hope they end up being wrong but that's the info I got.

Comment

CM's are NOT the most reliable source of information. CMs also told my friend the World Cup stuff was temporary and that Duffy merchandise would be back after World Cup is done (so in July probably).

It's obvious Duffy isn't going anywhere any time soon because they keep coming out with new merchandise (12" bears, the coin/ticket purse, etc.).

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                        X