Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

I really don't care for those Shelliemay items especially the pillow pet. The one that looks like a badge size is cute and the pins are okay. I'm sure they will grow on me but I was hoping for better stuff here.

Comment

This was posted on the Disney Parks blog:

Sneak Preview of Merchandise for 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival « Disney Parks Blog

A 12-inch Duffy plush for this year's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival (scroll down to see).

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by tink1223 View Post
        I really don't care for those Shelliemay items especially the pillow pet. The one that looks like a badge size is cute and the pins are okay. I'm sure they will grow on me but I was hoping for better stuff here.
        That's my general feeling, too. I'm not a fan of pillow pets generally, but especially because she's "clothed," her "arm" just looks very unattractive to me.

And THANK YOU! Those little ones on the lower left must be pins! I like those!

Like Shellie's Spring Voyage dresses this and last year, I'd prefer no flower print. In fact, if the main fabric of the Aulani dress on the top right were just solid pink, I would LOVE this dress. The accent/trim pattern is gorgeous and looks authentic. I find that generic "flower power" print just cutesifies and cheapens the look.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
          That's my general feeling, too. I'm not a fan of pillow pets generally, but especially because she's "clothed," her "arm" just looks very unattractive to me.

And THANK YOU! Those little ones on the lower left must be pins! I like those!

Like Shellie's Spring Voyage dresses this and last year, I'd prefer no flower print. In fact, if the main fabric of the Aulani dress on the top right were just solid pink, I would LOVE this dress. The accent/trim pattern is gorgeous and looks authentic. I find that generic "flower power" print just cutesifies and cheapens the look.
          I have heard sailboats on dresses on "in style" LOL

Comment

It's reported that Shellie May is going to Hong Kong Disneyland for Christmas.
            https://www.facebook.com/hkmsg/photo...type=1&theater

I can't figure out how to link to the post itself (if that's even possible) but it's at https://www.facebook.com/hkmsg
            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

It looks like this year is the year Shellie May goes global.

Comment

Except for good ol' contiguous USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                  Except for good ol' contiguous USA.
                  Yeah, I'm wondering if we will see an announcement soon that Disneyland Paris will eventually begin selling Shellie May merchandise...at which point we in the contiguous US will have been officially left out.

Comment

I have to say all the Shellie May merchandise everyone is making has made me incredibly impressed. I kinda don't want to see Shellie May come here just yet. Only because they don't seem to be getting Duffy completely right yet. He's not really impressive here as he is in Disney Sea. He's cute don't get me wrong but I would never wanted one if all I had to go off was the United States version of him. Thank goodness for Disney Sea.

Comment

If Disney does plan to release Shellie May worldwide and she does eventually come to all the US parks, I'm glad she is being released first at Aulani. I plan to get a 17" Aulani Shellie May, and I can't wait to have her in my arms and snuggle with her. Aulani Shellie May will help me judge how well Disney could/can do if they decide to release her in the US parks.

Comment

If ShellieMay does eventually come to the US parks, you KNOW they'll be making a bazillion princess costumes for her. UGH. NO MORE CHARACTER COSTUMES!!!!! :rant:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          If ShellieMay does eventually come to the US parks, you KNOW they'll be making a bazillion princess costumes for her. UGH. NO MORE CHARACTER COSTUMES!!!!! :rant:
                          I completely agree.

Comment

I think the best thing about the bears is their disney costumes - super cute. I love it. I hope when Shellie May comes they do Anna and Elsa costumes, and all of the princesses. I bet little girls would love dressing their bears up as the princesses.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyhangs22 View Post
                              I think the best thing about the bears is their disney costumes - super cute. I love it. I hope when Shellie May comes they do Anna and Elsa costumes, and all of the princesses.
                              I'm with disneyhangs22 on this one, firmly in the camp of character costumes. I can totally understand how those who prefer to dress their bears in street clothes would be frustrated by that though. I wonder what that says about our respective relationships with our bears?
                              AP holder since 2007

Comment

I swing both ways on this debate: the character costumes are cute, but I would like Disney to release some street attire/casual wear, or just any non-character based outfits. If Shellie May does arrive at Disneyland and Disney World before Avengers 2 comes out, I would :love: it if Disney released Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Gamora, or Maria Hill costumes, or a shirt featuring the (few) super-heroines of the MCU. I doubt they ever will, but a girl can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyhangs22 View Post
                                  I think the best thing about the bears is their disney costumes - super cute. I love it. I hope when Shellie May comes they do Anna and Elsa costumes, and all of the princesses. I bet little girls would love dressing their bears up as the princesses.
                                  Hmmm...Build a Bear doesn't have an Anna or Elsa costume yet, do they? Granted, someone who says they work for Build a Bear says at Disney Store promises more “Frozen” merchandise, mall experience to continue kid focus sending adults online | Inside the Magic that the designs were done but pending approval from Disney in April. So hopefully they're on the horizon.

But if Disney WERE holding out for a Shellie May release to release Anna and Elsa bear costumes of their own, they'd not only make a mint on the costumes, but they'd have a built-in audience for fans to buy two Shellie Mays each. I absolutely do NOT think Shellie May's release should be linked to Frozen, and I also do not think Disney US would stoop to that level...but that sure would be a devious way to move more merchandise. :shy: I can actually imagine a Shellie May release and then a few months later, Frozen outfits...though I think that would put off capitalizing on Frozen longer than Disney would like. So I guess it won't be a thing...whew.

I like dress-up costumes, but I don't like the price. Some cute everyday outfits would be amazing, but good-quality costumes are fine too. It's the homely costumes and cheap-looking outfits that irritate me more than Disney's insistence on making character costumes. Although, three different blue/gray-toned fursuits for Duffy DOES seem to be a bit much, quality or not. (And the stupidest thing is that I can't decide if I want a Sulley or a Stitch....)

I think some of the people who want more everyday outfits actually take their bears out to more everyday events, or at least to places that aren't home or Disney parks. Taking photos of, say, an Eeyore-Duffy at Universal would seem weird to me. Even for taking pictures of the bears at home, I think everyday outfits have a lot of appeal.
                                  Last edited by Eeee-va; 08-15-2014, 11:32 AM.
                                  Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                    But if Disney WERE holding out for a Shellie May release to release Anna and Elsa bear costumes of their own, they'd not only make a mint on the costumes, but they'd have a built-in audience for fans to buy two Shellie Mays each.
                                    Maybe Duffy wouldn't mind dressing up as a princess? :shy::lmao:
                                    It's the homely costumes and cheap-looking outfits that irritate me more than Disney's insistence on making character costumes.
                                    Totally agree with this!:rant:
                                    I think some of the people who want more everyday outfits actually take their bears out to more everyday events, or at least to places that aren't home or Disney parks. Taking photos of, say, an Eeyore-Duffy at Universal would seem weird to me. Even for taking pictures of the bears at home, I think everyday outfits have a lot of appeal.
                                    That makes sense. I actually would like to have every day outfits for the bears too. They look adorable in them!
                                    AP holder since 2007

Comment

It looks like the Duffy store in Epcot is no longer there. They took down all the duffy stuff including the cardboard cut outs that was located in front of the store. They only have a small cart outside the shop with a few duffy items. Thought that was sad.

Comment

^ Yeah that was discussed earlier this summer. The shop was converted to a kind of "World Cup" soccer shop for during the event but a friend of mine was told once World Cup ended (it ended a month ago), the Duffy stuff would be back. Guess they either haven't done anything to convert it back or once again a CM gave incorrect information. At least Duffy still has his own section at Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney. They got lots more merch coming out this fall & winter (photo of the 12" Chef Duffy for the 2014 Epcot Food & Wine Festival below), so.... yeah they really have NO CLUE what they're doing when it comes to our beloved little bear. :thumbdown

Click image for larger version

Name:	FWM8066842-613x613.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	7356702

Comment

I noticed that the Halloween outfit is the same is last year's. What a missed opportunity!

Comment

Working...
                                          X