• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aimster
    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

I saw the jammies & Mickey costumes at Epcot yesterday too. They also had the Sulley, train engineer & Halloween costumes as well. I caved and got the Sulley costume. I am such a hypocrite. LOL! But seeing it in person I couldn't help it.

And I ran into mmommie at Epcot yesterday too! Was nice to meet you!

Comment

• messica
      New MiceChatter
      • Jan 2011

The blind box Duffy the Disney Bear series one looks like it will be coming out. Disney Announced this at the Reflection of Evil Event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reflections of Evil 505.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	7352431

For a little more information check here:

RoE: Duffy the Disney Bear Blind Box Series
      sigpic

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Eeee-va
        I love that tiny bear!
        • Oct 2005

Thomas Scott was very vague and just left us with this one image and said Duffy is going to look very different in this series.
        I wonder what that means! If it means he'll look like the Duffy in that photo, I'm somewhat interested; my main problem with the initial Duffy Vinylmations is that they have a more "Disney Bear"-art-looking nose and mouth (which you can actually also see on the 9" Halloween Duffy's treat bag).

If it means they'll just print stylized designs and stuff on a bear-shaped figure a la many of the Vinylmations, then that's not my thing.
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Sandrita
          MiceChatter
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
          I wonder what that means! If it means he'll look like the Duffy in that photo, I'm somewhat interested; my main problem with the initial Duffy Vinylmations is that they have a more "Disney Bear"-art-looking nose and mouth (which you can actually also see on the 9" Halloween Duffy's treat bag).

If it means they'll just print stylized designs and stuff on a bear-shaped figure a la many of the Vinylmations, then that's not my thing.

I like the 1st Duffy Vinylmations, yet I thought they looked like little plastic toys that you get from the toy store, not Disney Vinylmations.
          www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki
            …

• Feb 2009

I hope they will use the Tokyo Duffy face, and I'm interested to see what they do with the designs. I still think the sculpt design is solid, and Vinylmation done well could be a big boost for Duffy with folks who are unlikely to become serious Duffy fans without it. This, to me, is extremely good news. And, y'know, I'm feeling better and better about WDC all the time. Or perhaps I'm just in a good mood because I'm almost done packing boxes!:lol:
            …

Comment

• Boog1981
              I Heart ShellieMay!
              • Jan 2013

I'm really liking the look of his face on that box and that color scheme. I'm with Eeee-va, I'm not crazy about the initial Duffy Vinylmations. There's something off to me about the way he looks. I'm excited about the blind box series, this could be really cool and well done. I can't wait to see what they do with it.

Comment

• gurgi
                Munchings & Crunchings
                • Jan 2005

I actually like the purple Duffy logo they used there. It's the TDS design, and infinitely cuter than the "Disney Bear" one they often use...and was the face of the first two Vinylmations. I'm not a collector, but if they use the cute TDS artwork...I just might.
                Meow

Comment

• Boog1981
                  I Heart ShellieMay!
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                  I actually like the purple Duffy logo they used there. It's the TDS design, and infinitely cuter than the "Disney Bear" one they often use...and was the face of the first two Vinylmations. I'm not a collector, but if they use the cute TDS artwork...I just might.
                  I definitely am not a Vinylmation collector either but if they do these well, I'll have to make an exception.

Comment

• Ilovegreataur
                    M8
                    • Jan 2013

I think the Duffy Vinylmations don't look good because they look too much like Mickey. I know that is the whole purpose, but it just looks strange IMO.

ILG

Comment

• aimster
                      Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

I have the Duffy Vinylmations that came out last year because I thought they were cute. I wasn't going to get them as I have no interest in Vinylmations, but once I saw them in person I caved. The ones coming out I doubt I'll be interested in.

Comment

• MikkiMausu99
                        North American Duffy fan
                        • Sep 2009

Got a set of new Duffy merchandise:

Courtesy of Le Fan Club De Duffy, two new Duffy merchandise: One is the Main Street Duffy 12 inch plush:
                        Le Fan Club de Duffy: Une peluche Duffy déjà habillée de plus est vendue à Disneyland Paris

And a new Duffy park pin: Le Fan Club de Duffy: Pin’s à Disneyland Paris : l’affiche de septembre 2013

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• setavulos
                          No Spoons: Try Back Later
                          • Mar 2013

Speaking of Vinylmation, two unreleased Shellie May vinylmations have appeared! I doubt they will ever be released and I have no idea who owns them, but here's the picture that I found for you guys:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1174549_10202237366039830_1103251233_n-499x499.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	7352537
                          source

I quite like the flocked version, which is funny because of the standard Duffy I prefer the non-flocked version!
                          Chronically ill lurker will be lurking.
                          Please contact me via PM or tumblr ask if you need to get ahold of me.

Comment

• Ilovegreataur
                            M8
                            • Jan 2013

Adorable!!!

Comment

• Sandrita
                              MiceChatter
                              • Mar 2011

ShellieMay is precious!
                              www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

• aimster
                                Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Ok those are cute.

Disneyland Paris is now selling a Duffy "pillow pet". I saw a photo on a DLP fan page on Facebook & shared the photo with the Duffy fan page I run:

Comment

• Boog1981
                                  I Heart ShellieMay!
                                  • Jan 2013

That flocked ShellieMay is pretty cute! I like her better than the existing Duffy ones.

Comment

• Ilovegreataur
                                    M8
                                    • Jan 2013

Aimster, I hope that the next time I come to WDW they have that. It is so precious! Thanks for posting.

Comment

• Eeee-va
                                      I love that tiny bear!
                                      • Oct 2005

Both the Shellie Mays have the same Disney Bear-style face that the original Duffy Vinylmations have, so they don't appeal to me.

Her outfit is interesting, though...I wonder if that's similar to an outfit they'd use to introduce her here in the states. Not loving the hat being a clone of Duffy's, but the outfit in Vinylmation form almost looks like an old-timey swimsuit, which is kind of fun. (Though any actual outfit would almost certainly have a skirt, which might change the effect.)

Too bad they appear to have destroyed the face Hidden Mickey by how they colored the non-flocked one. (It could be the lighting, but since the underside of the smile is clearly a yellowy color, it looks to me like the top of the muzzle really is pink.)
                                      Last edited by Eeee-va; 09-23-2013, 06:25 PM.
                                      Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• aimster
                                        Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Too bad they appear to have destroyed the face Hidden Mickey by how they colored the non-flocked one. (It could be the lighting, but since the underside of the smile is clearly a yellowy color, it looks to me like the top of the muzzle really is pink.)
                                        It's got to be just the lighting as it looks like that photo was taken close up with a flash, which will easily wash out stuff.

Comment

• Ilovegreataur
                                          M8
                                          • Jan 2013

So, I casually mentioned the Duffy pillow-pet last night and received something of a threat if it suddenly appeared in our house, as that would mean a Paris connection. My husband is convinced that someone will step up to have a Post from Disneyland Paris.

I have no doubt that it will show up in the USA, considering the vast number of pillow pets in Downtown Disney.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X