X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DuffyDaisuki

• Feb 2009

Duffy's full-length animated feature?

Would a movie be a good idea, or would we like to see him just as a park/mascot character? If there was gonna be a Duffy film, what would the story be? I think for an animated feature it would need a LOT more action than the current storybooks. Should Duffy talk in it? I'm pretty sure that's a given now, unfortunately.

Let's use this thread to talk about story ideas, too!
    It's a great idea! Duffy is movie star material, no doubt!
    12.50%
    Hm...it could work...if the team was committed to the concept and careful execution.
    50.00%
    I'm not sure.
    0.00%
    I prefer Duffy as a mascot. I'm not sure the films would be classics. If not classic, why bother?
    25.00%
    NO WAY! Duffy is a MASCOT character. He's cute and all, but he can't carry a whole film.
    12.50%
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 05-05-2011, 12:05 AM.
  • FI183
    Banned User
    • Jul 2005

Re: Duffy's full-length animated feature?

Mmmm, I don't think I would like a Duffy film. I mean the whole idea about Duffy is about having your own and making your own personality for him. Idk how that message could be translated into film without being uber cheezy and just lame. Idk, this is a tough one.

Comment

• gurgi
      Munchings & Crunchings
      • Jan 2005

I think if done right, it could work. However, the team involved would have to be very careful. This could not be a "throwaway" film at all. Also, it should not be anything like a Playhouse Disney/Disney Jr. type of movie AT ALL! I think they could possibly start with short films to test it out.
      Meow

Comment

• aimster
        Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

I agree if it's done right it could work. I'd personally like to see some shorts starring Duffy. Those I feel would work much better from the get-go than a full-length feature.

Comment

• Erika Glagowski
          MiceChatter
          • Apr 2011

I don't think a duffy movie or cartoon would be good, to hear some celebrity give there voice to duffy when we all give our own voices to our own duffy's, imagine duffy having justin bieber's voice I would go and shoot myself
          sigpic

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
            ...I think they could possibly start with short films to test it out.
            Whatever happened to those hotel shorts we heard about around the start of the American relaunch?

Originally posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
            I don't think a duffy movie or cartoon would be good, to hear some celebrity give there voice to duffy when we all give our own voices to our own duffy's, imagine duffy having justin bieber's voice I would go and shoot myself
            That's me, too. This is the biggest reason I CAN'T STAND My Friend Duffy. I hate Duffy's voice and excruciatingly childish characterization in that show. It totally doesn't fit with how I have always imagined (and continue to) this character as a fashion-conscious adventurer who understands universal love. The Duffy in MFD is just a silly, helpless fool. I understand that it targets children and families, but since it's mostly older "otaku" fans who built the foundation of the Duffy phenomenon, this in itself is a major problem for me. The Duffy show should have been intended to celebrate the character from a perspective that fans of all ages could appreciate. I can't imagine MFD Duffy running a cafe or delivering invites or sailing a ship or traveling through dreams or having his own adventures entirely independent of Mickey, all of which have been long established as pieces of the Duffy canon.

I actually think they should avoid a film altogether, although a brief Toy Story cameo could make sense. If he does appear in an animation project, though, I think he should be SILENT. Keeping him silent allows alot more for the possibility that individual fans' images of the character remain intact, something one would hope the Company cares about.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X