Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Duffy's Relationship to Shellie May... What do you think?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duffy's Relationship to Shellie May... What do you think?

In light of DuffyD's suggestion for a poll.... What do you think?

And feel free to add any discussion!
    Sweethearts
    56.00%
    Brother/Sister
    8.00%
    Just Friends
    32.00%
    Other (please explain)
    4.00%
    Last edited by aimster; 07-05-2011, 06:03 PM.

Re: Duffy's Relationship to Shellie May... What do you think?

I like to think of Duffy and Shellie as sweethearts but in an "innocent" way much like Mickey and Minnie. I guess it's the romantic in me wanting everyone to be happily coupled. :P
    AP holder since 2007

Comment

I think they are advertised as sweethearts but I also see it as Shellie May having a crush on Duffy and Duffy just...being oblivious XD

Comment

Originally posted by madoka View Post
        I like to think of Duffy and Shellie as sweethearts but in an "innocent" way much like Mickey and Minnie. I guess it's the romantic in me wanting everyone to be happily coupled. :P
        When I said that shelliemay was duffy's girlfriend thats what I was thinking that they are like mickey and minnie!
        sigpic

Comment

I think they're besties. I had a boy as a best best best friend all throughout my pre-k and elementary years and there was no thought of gooey mushy stuff like that. I think that Duffy and Shellie May are both young souls and are too innocent to be thinking of such matters. Shellie May is just very cute and girly to me and I like to think of her as a little sweetie to everyone, with no exception to Duffy. It's easy to see a male and female together and assume they're together - it happens all the time at my school (Especially to me because I have a lot of friends who happen to be boys) and Duffy and Shellie are no exception.

But this is just my opinion.

sigpic
          Love for all and all for love

Pluto's #1 fan!

Duffy + Disney Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by LilTeacup View Post
            I think they're besties. I had a boy as a best best best friend all throughout my pre-k and elementary years and there was no thought of gooey mushy stuff like that. I think that Duffy and Shellie May are both young souls and are too innocent to be thinking of such matters. Shellie May is just very cute and girly to me and I like to think of her as a little sweetie to everyone, with no exception to Duffy. It's easy to see a male and female together and assume they're together - it happens all the time at my school (Especially to me because I have a lot of friends who happen to be boys) and Duffy and Shellie are no exception.

But this is just my opinion.
            This! It's exactly how I feel about them too. They do cute things for each other, but not in a romantic way. Even the Sweet Duffy, where the adults are being romantic, I feel like Duffy and ShellieMay are just being good friends to each other. The only time I've felt that TDS was pushing a romantic angle was when ShellieMay was introduced, and some of the artwork had her looking kind of wistfully at Duffy. I'd like to think that was not what the intention was, but that's just me. I'm definitely not knocking anybody else's interpretations of their relationship either.

Like DuffyD always says, "Every Duffy is Duffy", and the same goes for ShellieMay. They have the name, but they are all different.
            Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
              The poll sounds like a great idea. It's not a "you have to think this way about ShellieMay", but more of an understanding of just how varied everybody's thoughts on her are. I'm in the camp of her being a close friend of Duffy's, and both of them being too innocent and young to have any romantic feelings. My ShellieMay is a bit of a tomboy, but likes being girly too. Climbing trees and tea parties are totally things she loves.
              Absolutely!

I :love: that there are so many perspectives on this, as long as none of them is forced as canon by the Company. That's my only reason for always bringing up the sibling or friend option when people say they are sweethearts. One of the immediate draws for me with Duffy was that he wasn't a "paired off" character. I don't personally see them as "young," though. More like ageless. And with the kind of wise innocence or innocent wisdom of the enlightened. Teddy bears are kind of similar in function to bodhisattvas, I think.

Comment

Well according to the story in the Duffy FAQ, Shellie May was created when Duffy liked Minnie being Mickey's "friend" and wanted a "friend" of his own, so Minnie made Shellie Mae. So the word "friend" is used for both Mickey and Minnie's relationship and Duffy and Shellie May's, so both pairs would have parallel relationships, and Mickey and Minnie are more like sweethearts, friends with a bit of a mutual crush and love for each other, so I think Duffy and Shellie May are, too.

Comment

I have always thought of them to be sweethearts, but all the different perspectives make me reconsider...

Comment

Originally posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
                    Mickey and Minnie are more like sweethearts.
                    No Mickey and Minnie are married. So That would mean Duffy and Shelly May are Sweethearts because they're only threeish.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Ohh! "Duffy" I read that as "Dusty" which gives this thread a whole different spin.
                      "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
                        No Mickey and Minnie are married. So That would mean Duffy and Shelly May are Sweethearts because they're only threeish.

Comment

In an interview Walt said that Mickey and Minnie are married.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
                            In an interview Walt said that Mickey and Minnie are married.
                            I know in Japan they are at least considered married (And have twins no less). I never knew it was confirmed they were married in the US too though--I thought they were just dating.

Comment

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
                              I know in Japan they are at least considered married (And have twins no less). I never knew it was confirmed they were married in the US too though--I thought they were just dating.
                              The "twins" you're referring to are most likely Morty and Ferdy... Mickey's NEPHEWS (like how Huey, Dewey & Louie are to Donald), not kids. Minnie also has 3 nieces: April, May & June. The nieces were only featured in a few of the old comic books back in the day. Morty & Ferdy were regularly featured in the comic books too.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X