This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hong Kong Disney's Costumes

I didn't see a topic go up for it yet (Though, DuffyD mentioned moving it to a topic of it's own), but a picture was put up on Hong Kong Disney's website so...

It's definitely similar to the Tokyo Disney costumes (looks a lot more plush than the US one) with a few differences. Most notably the hat (It looks more like the US, but with the puffiness of the Tokyo costumes) and the collar looks bigger. It doesn't look like it has pants, but it could have bottoms similar to the 2009 costume.

Re: Hong Kong Disney's Costumes

Cute. THAT is what we should have got in the US instead of yet another 12" pre-dressed bear. Disney again missed the boat. My Halloween costume money is going to Build A Bear.

Comment

Thanks for making the topic, Wondering. I got asked away and by the time I came back I'd completely forgotten it.

I just don't understand why the US isn't getting this. The Tokyo costumes and merchandise are designed by an in-house creative team. Disney would probably have to pay the Oriental Land Company to have access to those designs. But this is obviously based on the US 12" design, so it's already part of Disney Parks. With so many US fans clamoring for costumes, I can't see why they'd produce this yet hold off on releasing it in their own backyard.

Comment

Someone I know who works for Disney once told me this "If it doesn't make sense, then you know it's Disney!" Never have those words been so right! On so many levels! LOL
        Poor unfortunate Souls.

Comment

Disney's loss is Build A Bear's gain... for me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
            I didn't see a topic go up for it yet (Though, DuffyD mentioned moving it to a topic of it's own), but a picture was put up on Hong Kong Disney's website so...

It's definitely similar to the Tokyo Disney costumes (looks a lot more plush than the US one) with a few differences. Most notably the hat (It looks more like the US, but with the puffiness of the Tokyo costumes) and the collar looks bigger. It doesn't look like it has pants, but it could have bottoms similar to the 2009 costume.
            Awww cute. Thanks for posting the pic. Btw would you be able to post up the website link for this also? I never know where to look on the hkdl website for Duffy info and updates.

Comment

The link doesn't change when you click to the souvenir page unfortunately So it wouldn't help.

Comment

Just go to HongKongDisneyland.com>>Halloween Frights>>Spooky Souvenirs and there it is with all the other Halloween Merchandise.
                Poor unfortunate Souls.

Comment

awww wish I could get it for my Duffy, if they had it here in the US they would have a sale from me!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                  We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                  Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Still not feeling 100%, but I'm on the way to find out what Cannery Clothing Company is all about. It occurs to me that no one has confirmed that Hong Kong actually had a 17" Halloween costume release. Looking at the photo, I think that could be the 12" plush. Can someone confirm that an original separate costume was actually released? Thanks in advance!^^

Comment

Yes, I can confirm it. I've seen one on Ebay.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

It's cute, but not quite as nice as the TDS version, as expected. Still, it's very puzzling why this was not made for sale at the US parks...
                      Meow

Comment

Originally posted by updebrooke View Post
                        Look what they have in Hong Kong.

*sigh* So the rumor was true after all. Now I really just can't understand why the US didn't get this. So weird... Good for Hong Kong, though. But is Halloween even a major holiday there? To my knowledge, no. With American Duffy fans constantly saying they'd like more costumes for the bear, even on the Facebook page, and after making such a big deal out of Duffy's Pumpkin Patch in California, plus the fact that America is the place on Earth where Halloween is actually celebrated the most, you'd think they'd have seized the synergy here. Idongetit.

PS: updebrooke, I'm so sorry I neglected to THANK YOU for posting this originally:love:
                        Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-15-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Its cute. I too don't know why the states didn't get that costume. I think that one would sell. It looks like a better quailty then the christmas one that is out. So sad to see Duffy not get what he needs to go far in the states. Its nice to know he has a shot in HK.
                          Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Even though I bought the US Christmas costume (it really does look better in person), I'm going to improve it in my own way with accessories from BAB and stuff my aunt can make. The t-shirt with the outfit is actually too big, so I'm going to try a plain white shirt from BAB and if that doesn't work I'll figure something out. I have black boots from BAB that look good with the outfit and the red scarf that came with the Snoopy flying ace costume looks decent with it as well. For now, this is a work in progress.

Comment

Keep forgetting to post this - picked up the hk costume for my duffy. think he looks quite cute in it and the material is soft, plushy and quite nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	7336826

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X