This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duffy fan-run page on Facebook

So I was recently made an admin on a fan-run page on Facebook for Duffy. The guy who started it was looking for help because he didn't have the time to update it regularly, so I volunteered. If you're on Facebook, please stop by and "like" the page:

Duffy, The Disney Bear | Facebook

Been a fan of that page for awhile! Glad you are helping him out! I want to see more updates! I have posted pics of my duffy there a few times.

Comment

Re: Duffy fan-run page on Facebook

Isn't there a Duffy Facebook page already? Why two?

Comment

Is there another unofficial Duffy page? I assume the one Aimster linked to will have no censorship of references to Japanese Duffy?
        Daily Duffy blog! A new picture of Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni every day! (Now at Tokyo DisneySea!)

Also on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by updebrooke View Post
          Isn't there a Duffy Facebook page already? Why two?
          There's the official one that Disney runs. The one I'm admin on is fan run (for the fans, by the fans). I'm sure there are other fan-run pages out there.

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
          Is there another unofficial Duffy page? I assume the one Aimster linked to will have no censorship of references to Japanese Duffy?
          As far as I'm concerned, the more Duffy the better! I already posted a link the other day to the Home Sweet Christmas offerings from TDS. Once more info is available about the Spring Voyage event and next year's Sweet Duffy, I'll post those as well. I want the page I'm an admin on encompass ALL aspects of Duffy from ALL the Disney parks from around the world (US, Tokyo, Hong Kong & Paris).

Comment

I posted the pic of Duffy wearing the Duffy Mouse Ears.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
              As far as I'm concerned, the more Duffy the better!
              Agreed! I am not aware of any other unofficial ones (in English); just the official one. I was just asking. I would assume there are unofficial ones in Japanese but I wouldn't know how to find them and would only be able to ogle the pictures...
              Daily Duffy blog! A new picture of Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni every day! (Now at Tokyo DisneySea!)

Also on Facebook!

Comment

Be sure that Hong Kong/Paris info gets posted over here, too, please? We get plenty of info about the US and Japan, but our coverage of HKDL and DLRP is sadly sparse.

Unfortunately, I don't use Facebook, so I won't be able to participate.

Comment

I'll do what I can. I have a friend who is a CM in Paris, so hopefully he can keep me informed on things there. And he's going to Hong Kong next month on holiday, and if sees anything while he's there I'm sure he'll let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    So I was recently made an admin on a fan-run page on Facebook for Duffy. The guy who started it was looking for help because he didn't have the time to update it regularly, so I volunteered. If you're on Facebook, please stop by and "like" the page:

Duffy, The Disney Bear | Facebook
                    Thanks, Amy!!!!
                    www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

Yes, even though it would be nice to have one Duffy Facebook page, I'm afraid the company-run one will always be sanitized. They do allow pictures of Japanese Duffy and Shellie May, but they say nothing about efforts around the world.

I see other Duffy fanpages popping up on Facebook. Right now, I'll just join the one Aimster linked to. It gets too fractured to have so many different ones, along with individual blogs. As it is, I've stopped updating my own blog because what I post gets covered by other people anyway. I'll have to refocus my efforts to things from my own perspective, and not just press-releases and merchandise updates.
                      Last edited by gurgi; 10-31-2011, 07:42 AM.
                      Meow

Comment

Yes, even though it would be nice to have one Duffy Facebook page, I'm afraid the company-run one will always be sanitized.
                        Yes, exactly. Any comments that criticize Disney for how they're handling Duffy in the US usually get deleted off the "official" page on Facebook.

Comment

Folks, please don't run off to Facebook. By posting here, you are creating a legacy of information which helps many people. Things posted to Facebook just sort of disappear.

I hope you'll all help keep the Duffy torch lit right here on MiceChat.

-Dusty
                          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

No way, Dusty, we're not going anywhere, especially after having the forum created for us. Personally, I think this should be destination #1 for Duffy fans. The Facebook stuff is just a social extension of it. I certainly don't plan on abandoning MiceChat for Facebook. It's much harder to have actual discussions that don't get lost on Facebook, like you said.
                            Meow

Comment

Liked!
                              AP holder since 2007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X