Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

    I'm with most of you. I love the costumes and they're so well executed, but they're not my cup of tea. Those lanterns sure are adorable though!

    I wish the bags weren't fall-themed. They are way to cute, but I'd only be able to use it for a couple of months. I agree with Duffy D- they kind of missed the boat on those with SV. The bags would have been a much better fit for that.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

      Please don't send WishLists yet. I'm gonna put up merchandise titles and stuff tomorrow, but I must sleep now.

      Plus one more prediction for a Halloween Parade fan: I suspect Esmeralda is also likely to dig these.^^

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

        Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
        I swear I almost posted that you were gonna be the one of us who "gets" these costumes and that because of that, you'd be totally excited about them. Durnit…like the ShellieMay Lantern, I wish I had actually posted so there was proof!
        LOL you were right!
        Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
        Actually, I think I'm gonna just go ahead and get two of the Shellie Lanterns as well. They make great decorations on their own and someday I may even find the perfect person to give the extra set to!^^
        Hmmm. I hadn't thought of that. Will have to consider getting 2 Shellie lanterns as well...
        AP holder since 2007

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

          What is everyone thinking of getting?

          Im going for the Lanterns and one of the bags or maybe two. lol
          Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

            Originally posted by Janell View Post
            What is everyone thinking of getting?
            I am getting both costumes, the Shellie lantern, and 2 of the bags (large tote and "camera").
            AP holder since 2007

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

              Originally posted by madoka View Post
              I am getting both costumes, the Shellie lantern, and 2 of the bags (large tote and "camera").
              I like your list. Help me out. Why the larger tote over the smaller one? I too want the camera bag, it just too cute. I just cant decided between the two totes.
              Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                The larger one has a more timeless design with more details, looks more comfortable to carry over the shoulder, and is inherently more versatile/useful because of its size. Plus, doesnt it close more securely at the top? That's always important to me. Though they are all a great value, that one looks the most like it cost much more than the price.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                  Originally posted by Janell View Post
                  Why the larger tote over the smaller one?
                  Because I wanted the larger size for carrying things around the park. And it has a zippered top like DuffyD said which I like also. The smaller tote is cute too, and I think the Spring Voyage tote I got is a similar size and I love it, but I wanted a more practical bag this time.
                  AP holder since 2007

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                    Good point about how it closes. I was getting caught up in how cute they are.
                    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                      Looking back at all the Halloween Parade stuff yesterday, I was suddenly overwhelmed by how CUTE it all is. And then I realized… That's the thing; it's "cute," not "stylish." But for all the fans of "Cute Duffy," those costumes are really wonderful.

                      I thought, too, that Duffy's initial fanbase was collectors, not kids. Since My Friend Duffy it has often felt to me like Duffy is being marketed a little more to Japanese kids, and the new Halloween designs are perfect if that's the target. The collector market is still very important to OLC, though, as evidenced by Cannery Clothing Co. But, after Spring Voyage, there are probably a TON of new Duffy fans who are children.

                      This thought excites me a lot. I imagine the future, twenty or thirty years from now, when these kids start having kids of their own and childhood nostalgia. For generations going forward, Duffy will be an iconic part of youth as a matter of fact. They will not remember Duffy "becoming" popular; they will remember him as a symbolic character that was "everywhere" when they were young. And they will want to share that with their kids.

                      They will have grown up with Duffy the way we grew up with Mickey. And once that starts happening, no one will question how important this little bear is, or whether or not he's a "real" character. So if costumes like these help them love Duffy, I'm all for the cute! …As long as classic looks and high fashions also still come around.

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                        Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                        Looking back at all the Halloween Parade stuff yesterday, I was suddenly overwhelmed by how CUTE it all is. And then I realized… That's the thing; it's "cute," not "stylish." But for all the fans of "Cute Duffy," those costumes are really wonderful.

                        I thought, too, that Duffy's initial fanbase was collectors, not kids. Since My Friend Duffy it has often felt to me like Duffy is being marketed a little more to Japanese kids, and the new Halloween designs are perfect if that's the target. The collector market is still very important to OLC, though, as evidenced by Cannery Clothing Co. But, after Spring Voyage, there are probably a TON of new Duffy fans who are children.

                        This thought excites me a lot. I imagine the future, twenty or thirty years from now, when these kids start having kids of their own and childhood nostalgia. For generations going forward, Duffy will be an iconic part of youth as a matter of fact. They will not remember Duffy "becoming" popular; they will remember him as a symbolic character that was "everywhere" when they were young. And they will want to share that with their kids.

                        They will have grown up with Duffy the way we grew up with Mickey. And once that starts happening, no one will question how important this little bear is, or whether or not he's a "real" character. So if costumes like these help them love Duffy, I'm all for the cute! …As long as classic looks and high fashions also still come around.
                        Someone give this man a medal

                        Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                          Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                          Please don't send WishLists yet. I'm gonna put up merchandise titles and stuff tomorrow, but I must sleep now.

                          Plus one more prediction for a Halloween Parade fan: I suspect Esmeralda is also likely to dig these.^^
                          Ah DuffyDaisuki, right you are. I adore all costumes, the more creative and more homemade the better! Shellie May is particularly sweet and they are both fantastically adorable in the Halloween Parade setting. So old fashioned and so kawaii all at once!
                          Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                            Originally posted by Esmeralda View Post
                            Ah DuffyDaisuki, right you are. I adore all costumes, the more creative and more homemade the better! Shellie May is particularly sweet and they are both fantastically adorable in the Halloween Parade setting. So old fashioned and so kawaii all at once!

                            :roll: I love when I'm right!:roll:

                            One more to go…:unsure:

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                              hmm.. is very different from previous releases.

                              I agree that is more aimed at little kids, sadly I'm wit other members that is not my cup of tea also, I think what is bugging me is the very small hats.

                              Maybe it would be have being better if it was a spring theme release, it kinds of remembers me of the theaters that small kids make at the schools
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                                Something about this sentence just strikes me as seriously cute and makes me smile.

                                Maybe it would be have being better if it was a spring theme release, it kinds of remembers me of the theaters that small kids make at the schools [/QUOTE]

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                                  Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                                  Something about this sentence just strikes me as seriously cute and makes me smile.

                                  Maybe it would be have being better if it was a spring theme release, it kinds of remembers me of the theaters that small kids make at the schools

                                  I was right with you, remembering how different it was from my expectation, even thinking, "Yeah, it would be better for spring…" And then you said how these look like costumes for a school play, and now I'm actually debating these as must-haves. You are totally right, and that is absolutely adorable. I know that wasn't your intention, but thanks for the perspective!

                                  It is SO good to see you posting!^^ How is everything? Still fine, and by now does that mean fine forever?:love:
                                  LOL, that was a fun pun to make about the hats.


                                  Instead of halloween the first thing it came to my mind was the school theater ( good to know they are called plays) what not necessary bad it would have being a better option for spring or even easter, I was hoping something like the cat costume

                                  Maybe this choice of this set aimed more at kids was because of the releases of the more expensive CC costumes, wish are obviously meant for the adult collector?



                                  And thanks, I'm mush better now the treatment worked really well, now I'm just clearing out of the secondary effects (since it was a strong medicine) and gettin back to normal.
                                  sigpic

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                                    Hi, I'm new to Mice Chat. How can I order / purchase Duffy merchandise from Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea? Thanks for your help. Love this site.

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                                      Originally posted by TNutter View Post
                                      Hi, I'm new to Mice Chat. How can I order / purchase Duffy merchandise from Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea? Thanks for your help. Love this site.
                                      You can learn about DuffyPost from this thread:

                                      http://micechat.com/forums/duffy-dis...g-service.html

                                      You're too late to join in on the Halloween shopping trip, but there will be another one later this year for the Christmas release.

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                                        Merchandise on display and decorations.

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Re: Duffy Halloween 2012 Merchandise!

                                          Sadly, the cookie release has been delayed indefinitely. I'm really looking forward to caramel Duffy paws!^^

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X