This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Thanks for the explanation Eeee-va. I'm new to this board and this helps me ballpark how much I should save if I want to import.

Comment

Comment

ShellieMay arrived today! Here is one happy Duffy with his best girl. I look forward to getting some nice outfits for her.

Comment

I also received my stuff from Sweet Duffy today!!! This was my first time and I'm SO happy. I cant believe how quickly the stuff arrived. Thanks DuffyDaisuki.

I would also like to be part of the first SV shopping trip, so add me to the list

Comment

People already have their care packages? I'm not a fan of the customs folks in Los Angeles. LOL
            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

I got mine today, and I'm in the NYC area.
              Meow

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                People already have their care packages? I'm not a fan of the customs folks in Los Angeles. LOL
                I'm even less of a fan of the customs/mail system over here!! They have now finally decided how much I have to pay, and have moved it on, but I've got to wait for a letter (which will take a couple of days) telling me how much I owe them, then pay it, and then wait a couple more days for delivery/collection - whichever is quicker!!! So adding the weekend in, I'm not hopeful of seeing it before Wednesday at the earliest.

I had kind of forgotten about the duty, and have now begun to realize how much this costs !! (didn't think with my head, only my heart!) Think I may have to re-think my Spring Voyage wishlist! I will know more when I find out how much I will have to pay for the duty, but may have to cut down on SV items (boo) - or on eating!!! Surely smiling Duffy and ShellieMay are more important than anything, even food!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JayCee View Post
                  I'm even less of a fan of the customs/mail system over here!! They have now finally decided how much I have to pay, and have moved it on, but I've got to wait for a letter (which will take a couple of days) telling me how much I owe them, then pay it, and then wait a couple more days for delivery/collection - whichever is quicker!!!...

I had kind of forgotten about the duty, and have now begun to realize how much this costs !! (didn't think with my head, only my heart!)...
                  I don't really understand how that system works. Why do you have to pay more in the UK? You're already paying for the international EMS service. I don't get the system.

Comment

Got my package yesterday! Woot! Really adore the costumes. I mean I do love them all, but since DH and I are foodies and love to cook, it's as if we have the bears in the kitchen helping us in their chef's uniforms! I guess we need to learn how to make chocolate truffles now so we can use the mold.

Really love the key chains too. I was really debating that one but now I am very glad I got them. Such high quality with the sturdy clasp that I feel comfortable putting them on my bag for visiting the parks. I am steadily adding to my collection of small items I can wear on me to show my love for Duffy even on days when it just feels too cumbersome to carry the bears around for the whole day.

Thanks sooo much again, DuffyD! You are the best!
                    AP holder since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                      I don't really understand how that system works. Why do you have to pay more in the UK? You're already paying for the international EMS service. I don't get the system.
                      Basically in the UK or EU, you'll pay a import tax on the items being brought in because they were not made in the EU.

For more info: HM Revenue & Customs: Customs Duty, Excise Duty and Import VAT: introduction
                      sigpic
                      Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Comment

Has anyone heard if new CCC outfits will be released to coincide with Spring Voyage? I'll be so excited if they have another set!
                        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

Comment

Pirates of the Caribbean Disney bear) since all his Disney bear/Duffy siblings are larger. I'm considering getting one of the smaller US Duffy bears, so I would have three (3) small Duffies and only one (1) small Shellie May. So to those Duffeteers who have one (1) or both smiling bears (although all Duffeteers are free to answer), my questions are do you feel that the two (2) better complement each other as a set? Or do you feel as if each bear can stand on his/her own? Do you regret only adopting Duffy or only adopting Shellie May? Advanced thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by ZTRinZler View Post
                            So to those Duffeteers who have one (1) or both smiling bears (although all Duffeteers are free to answer), my questions are do you feel that the two (2) better complement each other as a set? Or do you feel as if each bear can stand on his/her own? Do you regret only adopting Duffy or only adopting Shellie May? Advanced thanks for the input.
                            I only have Smiling Shellie May (and a couple US bears of the closest sizes to her to date). Of course the Spring Voyage Smiling Duffy and Smiling Shellie May would be a great set together. They're commemorative of Spring Voyage and would be so cute together! But, I like how my Smiling Shellie May compliments my American 12" US Duffy. She is substantially smaller than him, so I view them rather like a big brother/little sister. I LIKE that they aren't really the same at all--it makes me feel like they're more unique because they're a set but they're different, as opposed to the Smiling Bears that match each other so closely. I think part of that is that I enjoy contrasts, though, like two differing things coming together and interacting and somehow working. (Though on the other hand, sometimes seeing matched Duffy/Shellie items together can melt my heart. I haven't seen many.) Anyway, if you are more of a "matched set" person, you actually may not be happy unless you have both bears.

9" US Duffy is noticeably smaller than Smiling Shellie May (though not nearly as big a difference as the difference between 12" Duffy and Smiling Shellie May). I know I've said in the past that they were pretty close, but I'm looking at them side-by-side right now and my 9" Santa Duffy is smaller than I'd remembered! So my tendency would be to again view Smiling Shellie May as a mentor to the 9" Duffy. (Somehow the smaller a bear is, the more childish, until you reach magnet size, in which case they turn into irresponsible tiny adults. :shy: )

I DO think the 9" Duffy and Smiling Shellie May compliment each other well, but I think most people view Shellie May as being the same size as or even smaller than Duffy, so I can see where the size difference could be a deal-breaker. (The magnet bears seem to be the same size, so I view them more as being the same size; I understand the full-sized Shellie May plush is smaller than the full-sized Duffy, though.)

Smiling Shellie May hasn't interacted so much with Santa Duffy (who gets more love around Christmas) yet...though actually, a SPRING Shellie May with a WINTER Duffy is kind of a fun contrast.
                            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

I am getting excited reading through all the posts.
                              I gave my daughter the Duffy and ShellieMay puppets today. She squealed with joy. So much so that my husband thought something was wrong.
                              Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 02-14-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

:love: The story, Greataur!

Here's the teensy little Spring Voyage update. It's a new piece of artwork, and Duffy gets to stand on his own two feet!^^

To me, it also looks more like Shellie is jumping than being carried here, so I'm happier.
                                Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-15-2013, 06:18 AM.

Comment

DuffyDaisuki ; Those pictures are making me even more excited for Spring Voyage. I am so ready for it now! Haha.

Comment

Aww, dang! I had already seen this on the Tokyo Disney Blog! Oh well! Thanks for the update DuffyD!
                                    Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                    sigpic

Comment

I see Shellie May as maybe even dancing or being swung around by Minnie...either way, she looks very much "alive" to me. Very cute!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                        I see Shellie May as maybe...being swung around by Minnie...
                                        I completely agree Eeee-va. She looks so happy!

Comment

• Re: Spring Voyage 2013!!!^^

Here is a Spring Voyage update:

A ton of new images showcasing the event's merchandise.

Here is the link, courtesy of TDR Asoblog.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X