Things you wish OLC would make for Duffy?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DuffyGuardian
    Adventures with Duffy
    • Sep 2005

Things you wish OLC would make for Duffy?

We did one of these a few years back. Some of the items we listed, OLC ended up making. Im not sure if we had any help in that, in case we did, lets do it again.

My list is
    1. Bear size popcorn container for each season, we need a christmas, Halloween and Sweet Duffy
    2. Bear size Lanyard with Duffy AP or ticket. You get the ticket when you buy your ap or ticket, maybe they can do it as a guest request as not every guest will have a Duffy. It would be great for the APers if you can have your Duffy photo on the pass and not just a generic Duffy.
    3. New PJ set and Rain Jacket/outfit for Duffy and one for Shellie
    4. Non Holiday,(if they do seasonal ones, do more then one season) more nautical themed Lesportsac bags with Duffy and Shellie, but not both together on every bag, a verity would be nice. The bears fit well in the Voyager Backpack, small and medium duffles and the carryall. On the material it would be so cool if it also had the buildings of Cape Cod
    5. Snowbear Duffy and Shellie light up necklaces. and anything else Snowbear, they are cute.
    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
  • aimster
    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Re: Things you wish OLC would make for Duffy?

I agree new rain coats would be nice. The bear-size popcorn buckets would be great too.

Comment

• DuffylovrDisney
      MiceChatter
      • Dec 2012

I was thinking maybe a Duffy and Shellie May charm bracelet. The snowbear Duffy stuff is very cute. =D

Comment

• Boog1981
        I Heart ShellieMay!
        • Jan 2013

A Haunted Mansion maid costume for Shellie!

Comment

• DuffylovrDisney
          MiceChatter
          • Dec 2012

Boog1981 that would be awesome!

Comment

• DuffyGuardian
            Adventures with Duffy
            • Sep 2005

Boog1981, I like the HM costume idea, I think they did an official one for Duffy during the 25 ann.

DuffylovrDisney, a charm bracelet would be very cool. They have a necklace a while back I think, but it was pricey if I remember right so I hope they could do something cute and a price point that we could do would be great.

Comment

• Boog1981
              I Heart ShellieMay!
              • Jan 2013

Yeah, DuffyD has a picture of his Duffy in his HM butler suit from the 25th anniversary. I've been hoping they would catch up Shellie.

Comment

• DuffyGuardian
                Adventures with Duffy
                • Sep 2005

Me too. I hope they get around to do CM costumes again. Maybe make it a secondary line, like the CCC line.

Comment

• dazyhill
                  MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2013

Equestrian or carousel themed outfits or merchandise. I think Duffy dressed in an English style riding outfit would be adorable.

Comment

• gurgi
                    Munchings & Crunchings
                    • Jan 2005

Great post! I wonder now what we wished for that did get released? We should post that and highlight when our wishes came true!

It's a really great topic though, and there are two separate areas for wishes!

Things made for Duffy and ShellieMay:
                    • New raincoats, like you said! ShellieMay really needs one!
                    • New PJ sets, so ShellieMay can have hers too.
                    • Bear sized blankets or quilts, so they can get cozy too.
                    • The Sweet Duffy table & chairs set (OMG this would be expensive though!)
                    • Wooden Duffy and ShellieMay hangers for all their clothes.
                    • An official costume storage option, like underbed boxes, or a trunk, or a wardrobe...something.

Things made for humans to use:
                    • A charm bracelet that has space to add seasonal charms released for each holiday event. Not the dangly charms, more like a Pandora bracelet.
                    • Duffy ear hat that looks nicer than the US version.
                    • Large Duffy & ShellieMay coffee mugs
                    • A Duffy tabletop christmas tree (I wish I had the one from 2008...)
                    • Another fall wreath (again, I missed the one from 2008).
                    • Recreations of the artwork around Cape Cod, especially from the Village Greeting Place. To have the same framed photos and stuff would be cool!

Boy, we can really go crazy and wish for the moon here!
                    Meow

Comment

• kittyloaf
                      MiceChatter
                      • Sep 2011

Duffy furniture! Not human sized furniture, but stuff to fit he and shellie may <3

Comment

• DuffyGuardian
                        Adventures with Duffy
                        • Sep 2005

Guigi, great way to break it down, items for Duffy and items for humans. I second everything on your list. :love: I forgot about the Sweet Duffy table and chairs.

I found the two old threads where we talked about things we like. Things we listed that was made, were the popcorn buckets, one piece of furniture(the 30th bench) and backing supplies i.e. the chocolate molds. So OLC is listing and bring things out we want.

They are even starting to bring back old costumes for Shellie, like the halloween cat costume.

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki
                          …

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by DuffyGuardian View Post
                          We did one of these a few years back. Some of the items we listed, OLC ended up making. Im not sure if we had any help in that, in case we did, lets do it again.

My list is
                          1. Bear size popcorn container for each season, we need a christmas, Halloween and Sweet Duffy
                          2. Bear size Lanyard with Duffy AP or ticket. You get the ticket when you buy your ap or ticket, maybe they can do it as a guest request as not every guest will have a Duffy. It would be great for the APers if you can have your Duffy photo on the pass and not just a generic Duffy.
                          3. New PJ set and Rain Jacket/outfit for Duffy and one for Shellie
                          4. Non Holiday,(if they do seasonal ones, do more then one season) more nautical themed Lesportsac bags with Duffy and Shellie, but not both together on every bag, a verity would be nice. The bears fit well in the Voyager Backpack, small and medium duffles and the carryall. On the material it would be so cool if it also had the buildings of Cape Cod
                          5. Snowbear Duffy and Shellie light up necklaces. and anything else Snowbear, they are cute.
                          I believe in Duffy-sized seasonal popcorn buckets, and I really want Halloween and Christmas storybooks! The lanyard/AP is very unlikely, I reckon. The OLC AP system is very different to the US one and there are no perks other than park access. Not even a shopping rally in ages, and the last one was only at TDL.

It is high time for a more mature PJ set, and a more classic rainwear set. The great thing is that for the most part, they seem to have moved away from the really childish costumes; though there were never many of them so I guess they may still pop up now and then. Hopefully not in PJs and rainwear, though. I really want something different.

Stilll reeling from the shock of no Snowbears this year... Seriously.

Originally posted by dazyhill View Post
                          Equestrian or carousel themed outfits or merchandise. I think Duffy dressed in an English style riding outfit would be adorable.
                          I've often thought that would be cute, too. And tennis! And an "admiral/yachting/Atlantic fishing" set for Shellie. Duffy has one.

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                          Great post! I wonder now what we wished for that did get released? We should post that and highlight when our wishes came true!

It's a really great topic though, and there are two separate areas for wishes!

Things made for Duffy and ShellieMay:
                          • New raincoats, like you said! ShellieMay really needs one!
                          • New PJ sets, so ShellieMay can have hers too.
                          • Bear sized blankets or quilts, so they can get cozy too.
                          • The Sweet Duffy table & chairs set (OMG this would be expensive though!)
                          • Wooden Duffy and ShellieMay hangers for all their clothes.
                          • An official costume storage option, like underbed boxes, or a trunk, or a wardrobe...something.

Things made for humans to use:
                          • A charm bracelet that has space to add seasonal charms released for each holiday event. Not the dangly charms, more like a Pandora bracelet.
                          • Duffy ear hat that looks nicer than the US version.
                          • Large Duffy & ShellieMay coffee mugs
                          • A Duffy tabletop christmas tree (I wish I had the one from 2008...)
                          • Another fall wreath (again, I missed the one from 2008).
                          • Recreations of the artwork around Cape Cod, especially from the Village Greeting Place. To have the same framed photos and stuff would be cool!

Boy, we can really go crazy and wish for the moon here!
                          The Sweet Duffy Cafe Table set would be awesome...and PAINFULLY expensive. The bench is one relatively solid piece, one color, and $130. Two chairs, with rails and hollow details, plus hangover padding, and a table for two - all with multicolor printed designs...I don't really even want to think about how much that would cost. On an optimistic note, perhaps if there was a strong response to the Bench, they'll also price more gently next time, since they'll have a better idea of interest?

My biggest wishes for Sweet Duffy are the Sweet Rescue firefighter outfits and the wooden Sweet Rescue statue. Bonus points if they make Shellie, too!:clap:

I would love wooden hangers with clips for pants and accessories, priced at ¥100~300, with a strong preference for ¥100. I would rather these be buyable in large quantities than ridiculously fancy. Just woodburn a Duffy/Shellie stamp or something and make the actual woodsculpting as cheap as possible. These would be a godsend, especially if they came with a storage option. Although, at this point for serious collectors, a storage option is a human-sized armoire with lots of small racks and drawers. Duffy and Shellie have a lot of clothes. Storage is THE nightmare of Duffy collecting, though, and a charming way to store them in a piece of furniture that both "feels Duffy" and hides Duffy:blush would be wonderful.

For human stuff, I want a "Friends of Duffy" badge based on the Village Greeting Place special CM badge, but modified for us. A "Village Greeting Place Guestbook" with all those images of Duffy photobombing vintage pictures would be AMAZING. Bonus points for including all the postcards, too. Extra bonus points if it includes significant, placemaking, Cape Cod signage. Supreme bonus points if it includes additional bilingual info about the history of Cape Cod. :love: this. It would be extra cool if they were all removable and could be reframed and rearranged in the scrapbook as one sees fit. I'd buy two if that was the case!

I don't want a Duffy ear hat. I want a Duffy FAN CAP! And I can't believe there isn't an official one yet. Nicer than the US is a given, though, isn't it? Just compare the similar concepts of the US ice cream cup to the Tokyo popcorn bucket. Where the US designers couldn't figure out (or didn't care) how to avoid slicing Duffy's head and ears in half, the Tokyo version is...well, the perfect solution, as well as a perfect likeness.^^

Large mugs would be great, too. Can't believe there's no tableware of any kind this Christmas...and no stickers??? Why doesn't OLC want our money anymore?? Especially since I love this theme, I wish there was more in the way of usable stuff with this key visual. Oh well. I'll spend enough anyway. Part of me wonders if they've cut down on other things to ease the burden on folks who may actually feel pressed to buy all THREE costume releases this time. That still doesn't explain stickers, though. No stickers is just weird.:unsure:

As for the Christmas tree, I'd love it - so long as it's a scale replica of the one in Cape Cod. Oh, and DANGLY charms all the way, for me. 3D charms are far more versatile and, well, charming for me than those slide on things that can only really be used the way they're intended. Kinda like the first SV Bag Charm. Speaking of, perhaps we'll get 3D sculpted SV charms next year? Oh, now that would be enough to make me eat all my words about excess SV!:clap:

I'd also love a "Bringing the Love from Cape Cod" series that looks like Cape Cod tourist trap souvenirs, with Duffy and ShellieMay subtly integrated. Beach totes, sandals, sunglasses, towels, snowglobes, Nantucket baskets, T-shirts, etc. That could make for a great summer event! Bonus points for a summer of live music a la Jamboree Nights!

Originally posted by kittyloaf View Post
                          Duffy furniture! Not human sized furniture, but stuff to fit he and shellie may <3
                          Again, this is easy to want in theory. In practice, I imagine it's disappointment and heartache at what we can't afford. And the parents... Think of the children! Won't someone think of the parents and the children?!:lol:

As for Shellie's Haunted Mansion, that's been a very popular fan creation since back in the days before ShellieMay when Duffy donned drag. Cast costumes every month would be asking a lot of parents, now that they've gotten fully onboard.

And I still want Cannery Cobbler shoes!!!:thumbup:
                          …

Comment

• Boog1981
                            I Heart ShellieMay!
                            • Jan 2013

I was actually thinking the HM Maid costume might just be the inspiration I need to really learn to sew!

Comment

• mmommie
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Boog1981 View Post
                              I was actually thinking the HM Maid costume might just be the inspiration I need to really learn to sew!
                              If someone wants to post a pic-I can take a shot at making one.
                              Last edited by mmommie; 10-30-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• The First Star
                                No Light, No Light
                                • Sep 2011

All of the above! Hehe

I would love pj sets with bunny slippers, similar in quality to the Cape Cod pjs (and unlike the stateside Disney pjs with Duffy's name plastered all over).

More mature-looking raincoats and rain boots. And bear-sized umbrellas!

The Snow Bears. I wanted them so badly this year.

Speaking of snow....the puffy snow suits I had imagined. And Snow Bear costumes! We have a plush snowman tradition at my house, since we never lived in an area where it actually snowed, and I would love to dress Duffy and Shellie May as snow bears.

I don't think I could handle or have a place for furniture myself, but I would love to have a high quality trunk that looks just like Duffy's travel luggage -- with all the stickers of all the places he's been -- to keep their clothes in. We just have a big, plastic bin.

Comment

• setavulos
                                  No Spoons: Try Back Later
                                  • Mar 2013

I second bear-sized umbrellas, and generally I would love a raincoat that was in two pieces, the hat and the coat, rather than just a coat with a hood. Maybe something like this rainy day Paddington? Except more Cape Cod.

I'm really interested in more images like that photo in the Grand Floridian, where it's sort of retconning Duffy into older times and places. Or a more classic sort of storybook. I really would like to run with the whole timeless feel of things and integrate him more in a subtle way rather than IN YOUR FACE ALL THE TIME marketing. I guess that sort of goes with lessening the name-on-clothing thing too, although I wouldn't mind have Duffy-print clothing items for humans. I'd go crazy for a pair of Duffy PJ pants!

I'd like a nice winter hat themed to Duffy. One of those commercial knit hats like this Figment one I saw last year at WDW:

although now that I think about it, they could mess that up a lot so maybe not. I would also like a better ear hat for my collection, but I doubt that will happen really.
                                  Chronically ill lurker will be lurking.
                                  Please contact me via PM or tumblr ask if you need to get ahold of me.

Comment

• hugabear
                                    New MiceChatter
                                    • Jan 2011

I love all the ideas/wishes so far so am more adding to the list:

For Duffy/Shellie-May:
                                    - Kimono set. I saw someone carrying at TDS shellie-may in a customized one and she looked so adorable. I'm sure whatever design OLC came up with would look even more amazing tho.

- Tux/Evening gown set. I know build-a-bear has a tux which is cute and I dressed Duffy in it for my own wedding. But I'd love one from OLC which would probably have more detailing etc and hopefully a nice party/evening dress to pair Shellie-May with.

- Detective costumes. Something along the line of sherlock holmes and watson. I just think Duffy would look so adorable in the checkered cape/hat and holding the magnifying glass

- Biker outfits - I personally love leather jackets and would love to see duffy in a black biker one with shellie-may in a hot pink one. Matching sunnies would be great too :yea:

For humans with duffy/shellie-may designs:
                                    - silver earrings with duffy on one ear and shellie-may on the other.
                                    - scrapbook/card-making materials - eg scrapbook papers, embellishments, stamps, die-cuts of shellie/duffy etc. since we take so many photos with the bears, i would love to make a duffy/shellie-may scrapbook album.
                                    - 8x10 photo frames
                                    - book ends (with duffy on one end and shellie-may on the other)
                                    - more clothing for adults - such as tees, bath robes, track suits etc

Comment

• gurgi
                                      Munchings & Crunchings
                                      • Jan 2005

Setavulos, where did you see that Paddington? He's adorable, and that umbrella!! It would be great to "steal" that for Duffy!
                                      Meow

Comment

• aimster
                                        Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

OMG I want that Paddington! WANT WANT WANT!!

Yeah I would LOVE an adult size Duffy shirt. I really want the one they sell at the Aluiani DVC resort in Hawaii, but the only way to get one is if you know someone going there because the resort does not ship.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X