This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bath Time!: Cleaning Duffy and Shellie May

Im sure this is a topic that has already been touched upon, but I'm looking for some updated info and opinions on how you all clean your bears.

I have yet to clean them, Duffy is about one year old, and Shellie May is only a couple of months old.

Duffy is only slightly dirty on his muzzle. I brought them to see my mom for a visit in their new summer outfits and she pointed out the surface dirt. I panicked. hahaha.

I don't want my bears anywhere near a washer, or to completely submerge them. I know that build-a-bear carries a "Bear Stuff Cleaner" But I'm unsure of how well that might work, or what it smells like, or if it's something I'll be allergic to (I have allergies).

I was thinking about using Dreft detergent, fabric refresher spray and downy free and sensitive fabric softener and surface cleaning them and brushing them with a baby brush.

What do you guys do? How do you clean your bears?

Bringing the Love

Re: Bath Time!: Cleaning Duffy and Shellie May

I use the Bear Stuff Cleaner from Build A Bear and it works great! It smells a little funky at first, but I'm used to it now. But it really does work good cleaning up the fur. I use it on my Duffy's muzzle several times a year as well as on the rest of his body a couple times a year. You just spray it on then rub with a clean, dry cloth (like a hand towel or washcloth), then let him air dry ad once dry flush with a soft bristle brush like a baby brush or a pet brush.

If you have allergies though, it might not be the best thing for you. I believe Sandrita on here cleans her Duffy using Dreft with good results.

Comment

thanks so much for your detailed response aimster! I really appreciate it.
      I guess its off to Babies R us for some shopping! :P

Bringing the Love

Comment

I actually just bought a bottle of the Build-a-Bear cleaner. It is made by a company called "Siege Chemical Co." That is not a very cuddly name.

I'll try it out on Smiling Shellie May in the next couple days. Thanks for the instructions, Aimster!
        Daily Duffy blog! A new picture of Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni every day! (Now at Tokyo DisneySea!)

Also on Facebook!

Comment

I'm not allergic to anything (that I'm aware of), so I can use stuff like that with no issues other than the kind of funky smell (which I got used to, as I said). My one suggestion is if you have sensitive skin or skin allergies is to wear some gloves while cleaning your bears if you use the BAB bear cleaner. You can get a packs of non-latex gloves at most local dollar stores (at Dollar tree you can get a pack of 10 pairs for $1) as well Target, Walgreens/CVS, etc for cheap.

Comment

I actually just used dish soap and a wet rag to clean my Duffy when he got into a mess. It helped alot especially since I didn't have the option of going to build a bear. It was about 5 hours away. >.<

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X