Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 05-21-2016, 04:59 PM.

Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Hooray! I am SO relieved that they have pants for Duffy, even if the price for the overall costume is fairly high, especially considering no shoes. (Although the level of detail is nice.)

I had played with really bad flood fills in a cheap graphics program to try to figure out how I could make bottoms to go with those tops, so I'm excited that I came to a similar conclusion as OLC, that Duffy's outfit needed blue shorts with white trim. (Which look better on a plush than a walkabout character, granted. )

I was definitely hoping for a pleated skirt for Shellie May, though; I don't personally care for the tight fit of her wraparound skirt with that top. (I know the Japanese says "skirt" but given the tight fit and lack of visible bloomers, I wonder if it will actually end up being a skort, with attached "shorts" underneath?) Granted, I don't actually have Shellie May yet, but I'm thinking I'll probably just make her a skirt...I think I might like even a simple gathered skirt more than the official wrap-around, and a pleated skirt would be wonderful. Maybe the actual/official skirt will grow on me, though...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clothes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	7360243

The little bottles are so darling!

(Is anyone else surprised they spelled "Coming" in "Coming Soon" with two "Ms" on the official site? Unless that's another homage to Mickey Mouse )

ジャーニー・ウィズ・ダッフィー Your Friend Forever| 東京ディズニーリゾート
    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
      (Is anyone else surprised they spelled "Coming" in "Coming Soon" with two "Ms" on the official site? Unless that's another homage to Mickey Mouse )
      Yes, yes. Especially since the mistake is not repeated in other places. It's unfortunate. But I guess it's why I still have a job! Although, seriously, it's 2015 and you're the freaking ORIENTAL LAND Company for crying out loud. Sheesh.:shy:

It really is amazing how similar your sketches are to what they're producing, and I agree — I'd prefer pleated. But I'm also surprised by how much I like both outfits now that they're complete. Although…shoes. Yeah. It's not a trend I like.:unsure:

Comment

Thanks for posting! I will buy the ten tshirts and the costumes. I am still very curious on what the reproduced costumes will be. I found a few costumes at Nanko Broadway but it was the end of my trip and did not want/could spend a 10,000 yens on a costume. I am unsure on the bottles and bracelets!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
        We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
        Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Selling the costume bottoms separate from the top? Really? If there ever was an attempt at a cash grab...

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
            Selling the costume bottoms separate from the top? Really? If there ever was an attempt at a cash grab...
            I almost feel like Disney Consumer Products are setting up this sale for OLC. I guess they know we will buy the pants, the skirt, and the shirts.
            Last edited by getoffyourduff; 05-11-2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Spring Voyage 2014huge
              Last edited by Eeee-va; 05-11-2015, 09:34 PM.
              Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

OMG everything is so cute. How does one pick which number to get in each items? I would love them all lol. I think my favorite ones are 4, 7, 10 I like the colors. 4 is special as it's our 4 year as a group.

im glad they offered shorts and a skirt. I like the option. It's interesting they are sold separately. There have been times I wish I could buy just the shoes or the top. I look forward to seeing how this goes over. I would like cute sailor shoes. I think sunglasses would also be a great thing to add. There's the 30th anniversary ones but it would be nice to have more universal theme to them, ones that can go with many outfits. And yes you can find kid sunglasses that fit Duffy but there are any as good as the 30th anniversary ones.

i love the log book, stickers and the Duffy charm for the log book. It's fun when they do things like this. It's ways of having Duffy with you no matter what your doing.
                Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

YES! I love that, too, in the same way. "Always With You" :blush:
                  Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 05-12-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

Comment

DuffyD - Do you know if the bracelets will be stretch bracelets since they don't have closures on them? And do you know how many pages are in the log book? I really like the book and charm set!

I was also a bit miffed that they decided to offer the tops and bottoms separately for the costumes. The combined price of the outfit and the fact that there are no shoes really mark these sets as more expensive than previous releases. However, reading the other posts did make me realize that there are guests who would prefer to buy just a part of a costume, so perhaps this approach will be better for everyone overall.

For the costumes themselves, I like the designs and colors. I do like Shellie's wrap skirt, which is modern and stylish (compared to a plain flat-front skirt), but I too would have loved to see a pleated version.
                      AP holder since 2007

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buttons.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	7360256

I'll probably add buttons because buttons are fairly foolproof (or easy to fix if you make a mistake)...though white snaps would certainly look nicer. I liked how the gold buttons go along with the ribbon and trim on the top, but the white has grown on me to overtake it. It matches Duffy and seems closer to what OLC would have intended, plus it matches the trim on the skirt so well.

(I also got some really cute white buttons with gold anchors on them for Shellie May's Little Mermaid CM outfit--the scale wasn't quite right for the CM outfit, but if I have 4 of them, they might work for this...leaning towards plain white, though.)
                        Last edited by Eeee-va; 05-12-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Eeee-va, I like the white buttons as well. That's a great idea that I just might have to copy. I can definitely sew a button. (That is the extent of my sewing skills. Thanks again for the great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41984[/ATTACH]
                            I'll probably add buttons because buttons are fairly foolproof (or easy to fix if you make a mistake)...though white snaps would certainly look nicer. I liked how the gold buttons go along with the ribbon and trim on the top, but the white has grown on me to overtake it. It matches Duffy and seems closer to what OLC would have intended, plus it matches the trim on the skirt so well.

...leaning towards plain white, though.)
                            Oh my greatness, Eeee-va! Such a simple, elegant, doable solution — and yet it makes a very significant difference. It's a bit of a pain that I will now be paying even a little more and I will hunt until I can find perfect buttons, but — YES! — this is exactly what I needed. I may even prefer it to pleats now! You are amazing!:clap:

Comment

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 05-21-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X