Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duffy's "Belly Button"?

can anyone tell me where Duffy's "belly button" (fill hole) is for the 30' tall bear?

I have one with a detached eye stem. the outer eye broke off of the stem and fastener.

I finally got around to buying a "transplant". in order to complete the operation I need to have an opening to remove the broken part and put in the new fastener.

I figured the way to do it with the least amount of trauma would be to reopen the fill hole. typically that would be around the middle or lower back. I have been looking around for hand stitching for the closure but so far I have not found any.

I have not opened a Duffy Bear plush myself but I have been told that the 17" DisneyParks Duffy and the S sized TDS Duffy have a back seam that serves as a good entry point for this kind of procedure. I hear and see pictures of people opening these bears most often at the back of the neck, although I did see a YouTube video recently where someone went in a bit below the neck area. I feel like there may be pictures posted in the sewing topic here somewhere but I really don't know where to begin looking.

It sounds like you have a good instinct for this already and I wish you and Duffy the best of luck with this and a speedy repair and recovery!! 💕❤️🧸
    Last edited by shellie may; 05-11-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

finally got around to scheduling the operation.

pre-op

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190611_111418.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.9 KB ID:	8590243Click image for larger version  Name:	20190611_111428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.8 KB ID:	8590244

post-op, never noticed that his nose was crooked. the transplant is slightly lighter than the other eye. I didn't take any pictures of the seam. all that would have been seen is brown fur. I decided to go in through the back of his head behind the right ear.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190611_112047.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	8590245

"detached" retina

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190611_111634.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	8590246

transplant

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190611_112225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.9 KB ID:	8590247

Comment

Yay!! Amazing!!! I'm glad the operation was such a success!!! 💕❤️💕❤️🧸

Comment

Working...
        X