X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of my pin collection - Need framing ideas

Hi Everyone,
    Here is a picture of my main collection, Daisy Duck. I was thinking about framing some of them but I'm not the most creative person. I would love to hear some ideas from some creative micechatters. Thanks in advance.

So many mouse ears, so little time...

Re: Picture of my pin collection - Need framing ideas

Try this link. Lots of ideas here.

http://dizpinsboards.yuku.com/forums/8

Comment

i used a black framed shadowbox and the lined the back with cork bord and black denim. then i can just push the pins in the back and they are still protected by the glass but can show depth. like the 3d ones or the diorama pins. heres a picture. i got all the stuff at joanns. it wasnt expensive but it wasnt super cheep either. but im really happy with the way it looks on the wall. and i dont have to worry about any falling off and getting lost cause theyre behind glass. before when i just had them on a board one fell off and just dissapeared. it was one i had looked a long time for so i was upset and then got the shadowboxes. im in the process of making more as i recently got back from disneyland and have many new ones and needed more frames.

Comment

I use a brown wood shadowbox... here's a pic of two of the display cases I use:

Comment

If you live by an IKEA, they have some pretty nice shadow boxes at a good price. That's what I'm planning on doing once I get some more pins to frame

Comment

Those are some cool frames!!
            Once I get my first few pins on ebay, I need to acquire something like these to put them on
            I'll have to check out the shadow boxes!! That's a smart idea!!!

Comment

Here's what I went with. Just found the largest corkboard I could find, cut it out, and covered it with black felt.

Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
              ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Comment

Nice Skawt!

So where do you find corkboard? I've been having trouble finding it. I only found sheets of it on eBay. Our hobby store and Home Depot don't carry it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I remember finding it in 4x8 sheets a few years ago but couldn't find it when I did this so ended up buying a large cork bulletin board from WalMart.

I would like to make another one a little larger, this one is just a little bigger than 2 feet x 2feet.
                  Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
                  ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Comment

Um... our WalMart doesn't have it. My next thought was maybe flooring businesses, since the seller on eBay was selling sheets of it for using on floors.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Wow... that's so cool!!!
                      Kohl's has or at lest had corkboards... but I don't knw how big they were!
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse