This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Ideas?

I was lookin at my pin collection one day and wondered how cool it would be if we could make our own.. I've heard there have been competitions similar to this but still I think it would be an amazing opportunity to create one or a set...

I have a few ideas. One is kind of a similar to the world of color set like this...

http://wdwnt.smugmug.com/photos/612753940_FXx49-M.jpg

but it is each page of the disney map! Idk... I would get it... they have the fastpass hidden mickey collection.... so why not a Map Hidden Mickey Collection!

Re: Pin Ideas?

That is a good idea!

There is a CM contest every year, but a fan contest would be neat too.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

timberfan, this sounds like a really cool idea...I think. Let me make sure I understand correctly...the individual pins would sections of the multifold map (like the one they hand out at the entry gate)? If so...this would be really cool. However, since the park map essentially has two sides, you would have to have two sets for each side of the one sheet (which is then divided into pins along fold lines).

I'm all in favor of more pins which represent "elements" from a guest's trip to Disneyland. By this, I mean entry media (tickets, annual passes), fastpass, gift cards, maps, even shopping bags (which could change each year when they shift marketing designs). Also, even though I know some may disagree, I would like a pin for the weird exploding "Celebrate" envelope in townsquare. I know it's funky looking, but years from now, it will be a fleeting part of Disneyland history, so I'd like it commemorated in pin. (I also want pins for things like "Summer of Indy" and "Summer Nightastic". I hope they have a Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy pin)
      sigpic

Comment

I second the need for a Ghost Galaxy pin!!!! Preferably a open edition one and a WDI one.

I often walk around the park and look for things that would make good Hidden Mickey sets. I like sets that represent stuff in the park, like the current pet cemetery pins. For instance, in Toontown, there are cars in front of each characters house (Mickey, Goofy, etc...) that would be good Hidden Mickey pins.

Comment

pirate tim, that's exactly my idea!

i am totally for a space mtn ghost galaxy pin!

also, have there been e-ticket pins... like the actual tickets they used to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by timberfan21 View Post
            pirate tim, that's exactly my idea!

i am totally for a space mtn ghost galaxy pin!

also, have there been e-ticket pins... like the actual tickets they used to sell?
            I think a Ghost Galaxy pin would be fabulous.
            There have been e-ticket pins. Here's a link to one set.
            Pin Pics: View Pin 2518

Comment

There was also an old hidden mickey set that where all the tickets (A-E)

Pin 34265: WDW Cast Lanyard Series #3 - Magic Kingdom Ticket (A/Donald Duck)

Just click on next to get to the rest of the pins

Comment

I'd like a Pizza Planet Truck pin.

Comment

do you think there will be a disney/marvel mashup mystery pin set just like there is with star wars?

Comment

do you think there will be a disney/marvel mashup mystery pin set just like there is with star wars?
                    I think there is a good chance of it. Characters dressed as other characters are very popular pins. Last week Disneystore.com had an almost instant sell out of some Jessica and Tinkerbell pins dressed as other characters.

Probably will be awhile though.

Comment

which ones were sold out almost instantly?
                      pics? or link?

Comment

I think that Marvel/Disney mash ups are inevitable. But I think they may wait some years until the fan community grows used to the idea of Disney and Marvel and part of the same company.

Also...thought you'd like to know...they did make a pin for Summer Nightastic, even if it was a bit late in coming...

Pin 72812: DLR - Summer Nightastic 2009 - Dumbo
                        Pin Pics: View Pin 72812

I'm still waiting for Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy though. (And yes, both open edition and limited edition styles would be great.) Perhaps it could look like the mountain exterior and be a spinner to show the various projections that are shown on the mountain at night. Also would be cool to have a jumbo pin with a "flashlight" (like the bat lanyard medal), which would project a small image of the "ghost". This could function like the Midway Mania spring-action shooter keychains they sell.

What do you think is the next step/trend in pins? (i.e. blacklight elements were popular this summer...what's next?)
                        sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X