Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be Aware! Scrapper Alert Pin 44479: DLRP - Pin Trading Night (Scrooge McDuck)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Aware! Scrapper Alert Pin 44479: DLRP - Pin Trading Night (Scrooge McDuck)

Be Aware! A known UK Auction Seller who sells Scrappers is selling this pin.
    Pin 44479: DLRP - Pin Trading Night (Scrooge McDuck)

Lindsay UK Pin Trader
    http://dzny-pins-uk.webs.com/

Re: Be Aware! Scrapper Alert Pin 44479: DLRP - Pin Trading Night (Scrooge McDuck)

Noted! Thanks for the information

Comment

Re: Be Aware! Scrapper Alert Pin 44479: DLRP - Pin Trading Night (Scrooge McDuck)

link?
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Here is the link
        DISNEY DLRP PIN TRADING NIGHT SCROOGE MCDUCK LE PIN on eBay (end time 28-Feb-10 10:37:27 GMT)

Lindsay UK Pin Trader

Comment

Thanks.
          You said this wasa known scrapper seller... has anyone reported him or does ebay just not care? It's always something i have wondered.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dzny-pins-uk View Post
            Be Aware! A known UK Auction Seller who sells Scrappers is selling this pin.
            Pin 44479: DLRP - Pin Trading Night (Scrooge McDuck)
            What's a "scrapper"?

Comment

Im thinking it is a vendor that distributes fake pins, knowingly. I think.

Comment

A scrapper is a pin that was not released by Disney. They look exactly like the ones you get in the parks. The difference is that they are made cheaply, quite often by the same people who make the real pins. Then they sell those pins to dealers who then sell them on ebay or through other means. those pin lots you see on ebay are probably 80 to 90% fake pins. Here is an example.

From the front they look quite a bit alike. There are some minor differences.

The back shows the scrapper. You can see that the one pin is made of a cheaper metal. The real one is on the left in both pictures. Here is another one.

If you pin has dips, like this one (you can see one under the D) it is a possible scrapper. Some scrappers are very good and hard to tell. More than likely you will have a scrapper in your collection at some point. They are extremely widespread. Lanyards in the parks are full of them.

Comment

Thats pretty messed up, and were the ones that suffer from it, I traded a pin last trip and later on that day I went to trade it again and they said NOPE, I explained that I just traded it there at the park, but they wouldnt let me, oh well Ill keep it as a education lesson

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                    A scrapper is a pin that was not released by Disney. They look exactly like the ones you get in the parks. The difference is that they are made cheaply, quite often by the same people who make the real pins. Then they sell those pins to dealers who then sell them on ebay or through other means. those pin lots you see on ebay are probably 80 to 90% fake pins. Here is an example.

From the front they look quite a bit alike. There are some minor differences.

The back shows the scrapper. You can see that the one pin is made of a cheaper metal. The real one is on the left in both pictures. Here is another one.

If you pin has dips, like this one (you can see one under the D) it is a possible scrapper. Some scrappers are very good and hard to tell. More than likely you will have a scrapper in your collection at some point. They are extremely widespread. Lanyards in the parks are full of them.
                    Maybe I'm blind, but what's this "dip" you're referring to? LOL

BTW, thanks for the information! I fear I may have one in my collection. I bought it at HoJo.

Comment

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
                      Maybe I'm blind, but what's this "dip" you're referring to? LOL

BTW, thanks for the information! I fear I may have one in my collection. I bought it at HoJo.
                      Right under the D in Seal Team D. It is hard to see in the picture, but plain as day in person. The top of the pin should be flat.

Comment

Or the pins have not been up to standards / quality control so they get scrapped. However, the factories in China seem to get them out the back door.
                        I have even had recent emails direct from the scrapper sellers from China asking if I want to purchase these pins.
                        Another story I just heard only a few days ago, A guy @ DLR was offering someone 10,000 pins @ 25 cents each, apparently the buyer got him down to 15 cents per pin. What does that tell you!!

Lindsay UK Pin Trader

Comment

Does anyone know how often the scrapers have the cardboard card on them? Basically is it considered safe to buy off ebay if the original card is attached?

When we buy from Disney we try and make sure the Disney tag is on the card so you can prove it is real and we always keep the card.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rlp View Post
                            Does anyone know how often the scrapers have the cardboard card on them? Basically is it considered safe to buy off ebay if the original card is attached?

When we buy from Disney we try and make sure the Disney tag is on the card so you can prove it is real and we always keep the card.

Thanks

I honestly think it doesn't matter. People can keep the cardboard/switch it with another pin. IMO it's easy enough to do.

I'm sure I have scrappers in my collection. Essentially, I feel that if a pin is one I really like, and it's too hard to tell the difference, then I keep it. I'm not looking to make a profit, and I'm collecting for myself.

To truly avoid scrappers, unfortunately I think the only real way is to buy directly from Disney.
                            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by Dzny-pins-uk View Post
                              Or the pins have not been up to standards / quality control so they get scrapped. However, the factories in China seem to get them out the back door.
                              I have even had recent emails direct from the scrapper sellers from China asking if I want to purchase these pins.
                              Another story I just heard only a few days ago, A guy @ DLR was offering someone 10,000 pins @ 25 cents each, apparently the buyer got him down to 15 cents per pin. What does that tell you!!
                              Selling is not allowed at all at the parks...he should have been pointed out to a CM and he would have been tossed out of the park. Only trading among guests is allowed...no selling of any kind between guests.

And Mellonballer, I have that Donald Duck pin you posted and none of them have the dip ( I know what that dip is...it's very noticable on the real pin, hard to see in the picture), i'm lucky I have the real thing and can trade it on pinpics

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X