This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling my hair out

Back in 2005, when the Happiest Celebration on Earth was going on, you know they had that magic mirror on the front of Cinderella Castle, which would rotate images of the five castles around the world? Well they also sold pins, for each rotation, and I only managed to purchase Disneyland Paris. Now, I've left spaces for the other four pins in my pin presentation book, so this lonesome pin looks.. well.. pretty lonely. I've searched and searched the web, and the closest I've found is images on www.pinpics.com of the jumbo pin equivalent.

I can't find pictures of the actual pins, just the big momma jumbo versions. I know its a quest finding the rest of the pins, but I'm going to try and gather as many as I can. I can't find any on eBay; I'm pulling my hair out. Does anyone own any of them, so they know what I'm talking about? And does anyone know of any places that I can buy these pins. I'm very appreciate of any help at all.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Re: Pulling my hair out

Try Delivears. I know, expensive and bad shipping, but these are just pins.

I know the exact pins you are talking about. I can not find them anywhere except on ebay. I just looked them up under the term "castle pin". Kind of broad but it will get you to some pages with those pins on them.

I will also put a thread on another board to see if I can get any pictures put on pinpics. Hope this helps you!

Comment

Are these the pins?

http://pinpics.com/img/p769/pin38451

http://pinpics.com/img/p769/pin38452

http://pinpics.com/img/p769/pin38453

http://pinpics.com/img/p769/pin38454

http://pinpics.com/img/p779/pin38996

If so... luckily this guy is selling all but... the Paris one, I've had good success buying pins on dizpins, so I wouldn't worry. Good luck!
      Last edited by Villains Fan; 04-16-2007, 09:13 AM. Reason: Hot linking taken out and links added

Comment

Originally posted by ecdlanddude View Post
        Are these the pins?

http://pinpics.com/img/p769/pin38451

http://pinpics.com/img/p769/pin38452

http://pinpics.com/img/p769/pin38453

http://pinpics.com/img/p769/pin38454

http://pinpics.com/img/p779/pin38996

If so... luckily this guy is selling all but... the Paris one, I've had good success buying pins on dizpins, so I wouldn't worry. Good luck!
        Yes yes yes yes! How do I buy them!?
        Last edited by Villains Fan; 04-16-2007, 09:15 AM. Reason: Hot linking taken out and links added
        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS

(VERY OLD!)
        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
          Ah I was going to suggest those to but to let you know..they aren't spinners.

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
            Ah I was going to suggest those to but to let you know..they aren't spinners.
            Huh?
            BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS

(VERY OLD!)
            TRIP REPORTS

Comment

I was curoius, I was on Who wants to be a Millionare in DCA, and won a pin for every level of money I played...I think I got up to 30,000 dollars. Now I have these pins, and I was wondering if they would be worth anything especially because WWTBAM is going to be ka-put. anyone know?

Comment

Well, I don't know how much you trust buying stuff from forums but this guy on Dizpins.com is selling all but the Paris one. I'd suggest clicking the link, shooting him an e-mail and letting him you know you're interested (they're listed on the first post under "Stained Glass Windows"). He may need to charge you more since you're outside the US. Good luck and feel free to PM me, I've purchased many pins off those boards successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by mrewcourt21 View Post
                  I was curoius, I was on Who wants to be a Millionare in DCA, and won a pin for every level of money I played...I think I got up to 30,000 dollars. Now I have these pins, and I was wondering if they would be worth anything especially because WWTBAM is going to be ka-put. anyone know?
                  Well nowadays these pins aren't "hot" I have actually found a set on lanyards all the way up to 32,000. They really aren't that hard to find...sorry.

Comment

Back in 2005, when the Happiest Celebration on Earth was going on, you know they had that magic mirror on the front of Cinderella Castle, which would rotate images of the five castles around the world?
                    Huh?
                    Rotate meaning spinning? These pins are not spinners

Comment

MOD NOTE:
                      Pictures above are hot linked - PLEASE do not "Hot Link" pictures on this site - You are stealing bandwidth from another site and it can cause difficulties between MiceChat and other sites who may object to their pictures being displayed here without their permission and at their expense. If you have permission from the owner of the source material, you may link or post pictures which you host yourself on PhotoBucket (or other such hosting sites).
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I got the whole set of these at ebay! And, I paid very little for them, under 20.00 for each one. I see them listed there all the time, not always all of them, but you could get them by going back to find them as each appears. I got my set from one seller who had all of them listed at the same time. There was another seller who had them as well. This was about a month ago, but I still see these pins on ebay regularly! I just entered "Disney Castle pins" on my search. You can either do the bidding auction for them, or do as I did and just go to ebay stores where items are for sale for a set price or best offer and buy them straight out without going through the bidding wars. I prefer to buy my pins on ebay that way, through the ebay stores.
                        Good luck, I bet you will find them there, if not all at once, then some of them and then the others WILL show up at some point. This is true for MOST any pin anyone is looking for. I lost a bid on a cast member Dream Makers pin and I was upset, but I kept checking back everyday and within 3 days, 2 more of the same pin were listed. It is always this way. If you miss a pin, it will be back, EXCEPT in the rare occasions, somone has a pin that is SO RARE that it doe not show very often and I have bid extremely high to win those, because I know I won't see them again very soon, if ever! Those castle pins are not that rare and they DO apppear frequently!
                        Good Luck and enjoy, they are beautiful pins! I too collect castle pins, but mostly Beauty and the Beast and I really love my Beast castle pin!
                        Have fun!
                        Susabelle

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X