Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you collect and trade for fun or for value?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you collect and trade for fun or for value?

Just curious - I could care less if it's a limited edition or valuable. I just trade for the fun of it.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Re: Do you collect and trade for fun or for value?

I mostly trade to get pins I want. I care a little bit about value, but if it is something I really want I go for it.

Comment

On some stuff you have to take into account value. You can't(well I guess you could) just trade a WDI pin for anything for a Disney Auctions pin for let's say a Cast Lanyard. But I trade fairly one for one, cast lanyard for Cast Lanyard, etc. Some people are really good about trading, others just like to show off and won't trade for anything but your first born child. If you don't want to trade it, don't put it in your book!

Comment

I like to know the value of my pins but I collect for fun mostly. I haven't sold anything. But when I trade you need to know if you are getting a good value.

Comment

For fun, but I look around before trading. I got 2 good pins the other day (for my collection) An Epcot one (and I know I wouldn't be able to buy it here) and a CM pin from 2000 a Hospitality pin. Been looking all over for the 2nd and found it on a CM lanyard in WOD. I was really happy!

Comment

I usually don't even check out their value, but if it's a limited edition, I try to hang onto it.
            sigpic
            Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I trade for fun mostly.
              BUT its fun to trade for value too. Cause you can get a rare one and be really proud of it.

I had a limited addition pin that they only made 100 of, but I traded it cause I thought it was dumb. (it was a coutry bear the movie pin)
              I just trade for what I think is cool.
              Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

Mostly for fun. Anything LE or such I'd hold onto. But I want pins I like looking at, not pins that just are worth something.
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

i collect to collect....but I DO like the limited editions..small runs...just something a little exciting to know I'm 1 of a 100 to have THAT same pin!
                  Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

I collect for fun.

Comment

i collect for fun and i also collect the pins that i think are cool and are worth keeping.

Comment

I like to trade for fun. Although I also keep my eye on certain pins I like which at times are LE.

Comment

Some of my pins have vaue, but it's all for the fun. It's getting to the point of what pins I do and don't have, then going to each cast member looking at what pins they have that I might need.

Comment

i trade because all of my friends trade but i like to make the jealous with limited editions and all
                            sigpic

Denver Nuggets Baby

Comment

I'm not into trading. We only get to DLR once a year for a few days so I buy only the pins I like and they get put on my lanyard for that trip with locking backs. I'll spend upwards of $200 per trip on pins and I have all of my lanyards from past trips hanging in my office.
                              You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X