This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Sources for Cheap Trader Pins For DLR

I've run out of trader pins, and we want to take five girls to the park for my daughter's birthday on Friday, and wanted to give each of them about a dozen pins to trade. It's too late to turn to my Orlando pin source, or eBay. Where around Anaheim can one buy cheap pins in bulk on short notice?
    Last edited by steamboatpete; 07-26-2007, 06:54 AM.
    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Re: Local Sources for Cheap Trader Pins For DLR

I'm bump getting bump desperate bump.

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

There is an 8 pin set of Festival of Dreams pins on sale with 30% off. So that's 8 pins for about $20. I don't condone "cheap" pins as I'm one of the recipients and I don't think they're fair to offer to the other guests. IMO
      I want my cake back!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seenoevil View Post
        There is an 8 pin set of Festival of Dreams pins on sale with 30% off. So that's 8 pins for about $20. I don't condone "cheap" pins as I'm one of the recipients and I don't think they're fair to offer to the other guests. IMO
        Where is this set for sale?

[None]

Comment

I posted the information on the 30% off coupon here:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71298

It applies only to the festival of dreams pin series, so that is where seenoevil got the 30%. The coupon is good until 08/11/07.

You could also try my source for pins, not in Anaheim ... but they have some good deals for traders.

http://www.fs-collectibles.com/

They are located in the City Of Industry, and cater to almost every collectible need you might have.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
            You could also try my source for pins, not in Anaheim ... but they have some good deals for traders.

http://www.fs-collectibles.com/

They are located in the City Of Industry, and cater to almost every collectible need you might have.
            Way back when, I used to sell stuff at Frank 'n' Sons every weekend, for about two or three years. Paid my tuition doing that.

[None]

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
              I posted the information on the 30% off coupon here:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71298

It applies only to the festival of dreams pin series, so that is where seenoevil got the 30%. The coupon is good until 08/11/07.
              Originally posted by seenoevil View Post
              That was a great tip. I bought four of those.

By cheap, incidentally, I didn't mean to ask about a way to buy utter crap that I would be embarrassed to try to trade, like those Sedesmas and the ugly old EuroDisney pins. When I bought stuff on eBay before, I bought slightly more expensive lots so that I wouldn't get garbage to trade. You can get decent pins for under $2.50 apiece if you buy good lots, and I sometimes keep a few when the box arrives.

[None]

Comment

There's an antique store in Torrance called Memory Lanes, that used to have a booth selling lots of pins, many of them were around 3 bucks (this was several years ago). I have no idea if the booth is still there anymore, but the store is for sure.

Comment

i usually get pins to trade at disneyland. you can buy a box of 7 character pins for 30$. those are good to trade.. but other than that im not sure.

Comment

Try the Disney Character Warehouse. We have one here in Vegas and i know that they have one in Irvine. We stock up on a lot of traders from here.
                    I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean.
                    You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket!

~The Vandals "Pirates Life"

Comment

Yes, Disney's Character Warehouse in Fullerton (about 3 miles north of the DLR on Harbor) has a few pins, I have seen them as low as $3 a pin, but usually $4 and $5 are more common prices.

Another SoCal option, the Disney Soda Fountain and store next to the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. They have pins related to movie releases, and the old stock is usually on sale for $3 a pin. And they do have the "Disney" trademark on the back, so they are eligible for pin trading with Cast Members.
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X