This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: please explain

Oh, I knew the concept of the random figures from Japanese vinyl figures before, but I'd just rather be able to choose one souvenir rather than become a crazed collector!

Comment

Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
      Oh, I knew the concept of the random figures from Japanese vinyl figures before, but I'd just rather be able to choose one souvenir rather than become a crazed collector!
      That's what ebay is for. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Rongo View Post
        This, I think, is the key. It's a challenge to the buyer the same way that baseball cards used to be. You never know which one you're going to get, and that encourages a social aspect in trading and collecting. Pin trading has the social aspect, but there's no randomness or challenge in the collecting part.
        Or Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, buying more packs to get the rare cards and holographics.
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

Comment

I'm hoping sales will die off soon and that these things will go the same way as the beanie baby, and Garbage Pail Kids.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

ORDDU: I'm not particularly attracted to these vinylmation items, either. Now, if they were in the shape a DIFFERENT character--like, say, Tarzan--you'd have my attention and I'd buy at least one.

Comment

Vinylmation's grow you! There are some pretty darn cute ones and then there are some hideous ones. I like the little keychains and magnets (had to buy some for our Disney cruise!!). I don't have any, but my mom started collecting the Holiday series and they make wonderful gifts to give along with something
              sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
              Disney is my life <3
              Thank Walt for all he did! <3
              Future Imagineer <3
              Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

While I like some Vinylmations, I don't care for most of them. So when you factor in cost and the blind box packaging, that's enough to keep me on the sidelines in this hobby. To me the major difference between pins and vinylmations is the blind box packaging. If they were to release the Star Wars Vinylmations in viewable packaging, I would certainly get some.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  I don't care how cute or ugly they are. I have no clue why people are into this stuff in the first place. Instead of buying a Mickey vinylmation or a pin wouldn't it be nice of someone can take that money and give it to someone who is poor or hungry? Or maybe help someone buy a ticket who normally can't afford Disneyland but who would love to go.

Just sayin'
                  You know this ISNt the place for that, BUT sicne you brought it up, how much of your weekly/biweekly/monthly check GOES to the homeless? Or do you sit behind the keyboard and preach?

Comment

LOL DIP!!!! I don't understand why people buy, says, CARS or different repaints of the same exact one but hey - to each his or her own.

I like Vinylmations, but I agree, some are uuuuugggggllllyyyyy. I only collect the ones I like and trade the ones I don't. I think they will be around awhile but - the issue is they release many types at once and release them often. They also have raised the prices. And some of the bigger ones are INSANELY priced, like $75? For plastic...
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I just wish that the Star Wars ones didn't sell out so fast...
                      I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

I didn't originally intend to start collecting Vinylmation. It just kind of happened.

My first Vinylmations were the blank 3" figures. I'm a very craft and art minded person so I thought it might be fun to customize one, having seen some rather impressive vinyl Munny toys on the internet. I had a lot of fun painting them so on my next trip I bought a few more blanks. But on that same trip I also bought my first blind box from the Toy Story series. I hoped to get Buzz Lightyear but ended up with the Green Army Man.

Soon after, my local Disney Store started to carry Vinylmation. This was great because I could start to collect more vinyls without having to drive 300+ miles. I bought several more from the Toy Story series and I started collecting from other series that peaked my interest.

I can't quite explain why I like them so much. I just do.

On a minor side note. I don't get why there is so much hate coming from the people who don't understand Vinylmation. If you don't like them then move along and let the people who do enjoy it. I'm not saying you're not allowed to have an opinion. You can voice it. Just try to be polite and don't let your opinion ruin it for other people.
                        Be a Hippo Hero! Please visit www.SaveTheAnimatronicHippos.org

Comment

I have a few Vinylmations that personally mean something to me. I agree that most of them are not exactly cuddly, but they don't take up much room and are easier to display than my pins. I have only one on my wish-list and that is Dog with Key from Pirates.
                          sigpic
                          Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Working...
                          X