This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please explain

Now let me say im not a fuddy duddy or anything like that. Heck back in 2000 i was into pin trading.

But my sister and I were in DTD yesterday and came across the Vinylmation's and looked at each other like WTH lol. So we wennt into another store and there they were again, and another (i think) solely for them.

So down anyone here collect them and whats the big deal with these things, because the ones i saw ,well to me, were ugly lol

Re: please explain

It's the latest fad in Disney collectibles. They have wide appeal, so they sell well. But eventually they will become the next Beanie Baby.

Comment

Personally, I think they're really cute; it's all a matter of different aesthetics appealing to different people.

Comment

I enjoy them. Everytime I go to a Disney park I'll pick one up as my reminder of the trip.
        Because of the variety there is always something to buy so it never gets old.
        Perhaps they have gone a bit overboard, but you could say that with the pins too.
        I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Don't worry OP... I totally agree! They are just weird looking to me... and I collect pins.. but not like on a large scale.. just any new Ariel ones and then to remember my trip by..

Comment

I agree, I really don't like them. I think they are ugly/creepy.

My Disneyland trips:

Disneyland 1995 - 5 days

Disneyland 1996 - 5 days

Disneyland 1998 - 5 days

Disneyland 2000 - 14 days

Disneyland 2002 - 14 days

Disneyland 2003 - 15 days

Disneyland 2004- 3 days

Disneyland 2005 - 30 days

Disneyland 2007 - 21 days

Disneyland 2008 - 8 days

Disneyland 2009 - 16 days

Disneyland 2010 - 5 days

Next Disneyland trip:

Leaving for California on September 8 at 5:30am with my 2 baby brothers, cousin, step dad, mother, and older brother..

Driving down and arriving in burbank in the evening of September 9. Spending the first week with my grandparents in Burbank experiencing One day of Universal Studios, One day of Disneyland, Hollywood, and Jay Leno.

September 16-Oct 1 is ONLY Disneyland every single day. Family members will be coming and joining throughout the time were there to spend a few days with us here and there in Disneyland.

I can't wait!!!!!

Comment

As long as people continue to buy them what Vinylmation is to Disney is a continuous revenue stream - cheap to make and endless variations to release.
              Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

I don't care how cute or ugly they are. I have no clue why people are into this stuff in the first place. Instead of buying a Mickey vinylmation or a pin wouldn't it be nice of someone can take that money and give it to someone who is poor or hungry? Or maybe help someone buy a ticket who normally can't afford Disneyland but who would love to go.

Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  I don't care how cute or ugly they are. I have no clue why people are into this stuff in the first place. Instead of buying a Mickey vinylmation or a pin wouldn't it be nice of someone can take that money and give it to someone who is poor or hungry? Or maybe help someone buy a ticket who normally can't afford Disneyland but who would love to go.

Just sayin'
                  Everybody has collections or things that they spend money on. People could give money to a homeless person instead of going out to eat, but it just doesn't happen. I don't judge people who spend money on pins or vinylmation (even though I think they are ugly) I make sure I give money to homeless whenever I can but personally, I or anybody works hard for my money and don't regret any penny I spend on disney or at disneyland.

My Disneyland trips:

Disneyland 1995 - 5 days

Disneyland 1996 - 5 days

Disneyland 1998 - 5 days

Disneyland 2000 - 14 days

Disneyland 2002 - 14 days

Disneyland 2003 - 15 days

Disneyland 2004- 3 days

Disneyland 2005 - 30 days

Disneyland 2007 - 21 days

Disneyland 2008 - 8 days

Disneyland 2009 - 16 days

Disneyland 2010 - 5 days

Next Disneyland trip:

Leaving for California on September 8 at 5:30am with my 2 baby brothers, cousin, step dad, mother, and older brother..

Driving down and arriving in burbank in the evening of September 9. Spending the first week with my grandparents in Burbank experiencing One day of Universal Studios, One day of Disneyland, Hollywood, and Jay Leno.

September 16-Oct 1 is ONLY Disneyland every single day. Family members will be coming and joining throughout the time were there to spend a few days with us here and there in Disneyland.

I can't wait!!!!!

Comment

Instead of buying a Mickey vinylmation or a pin wouldn't it be nice of someone can take that money and give it to someone who is poor or hungry? Or maybe help someone buy a ticket who normally can't afford Disneyland but who would love to go.

Just sayin'
                    With that logic, then why spend money on a ticket or an annual pass? When people go on vacation or go to Disneyland for the day, they want to leave with memories. Some memories are remembered through pictures and some are through souvenirs. I have a total of 3 Vinylmations and the only reason why I have those is because they are from the Muppets set. I love the Muppets.

Comment

Just sayin'
                      With this logic why do anything at all that requires spending money...

I'm also a bit surprised at all the hate for vinialmations...
                      Last edited by Meville; 08-18-2011, 07:07 AM.
                      I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Can someone post a picture of what a "Vinylamtion" is exactly?

I've never heard of or seen them.

Comment

Here is a link to multiple versions of vinylmation, Vinylmation | Disney Store

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                            Here is a link to multiple versions of vinylmation, Vinylmation | Disney Store
                            Thanks for the link.

Interesting.

Comment

I can't stand them either. They purposely distort the original shape of Mickey and they're made of a cheap material, probably on purpose considering the time frame in which they were released. Personally, I'm ready for hand painted ceramic figurines to make a comeback. Remember when you could purchase ANY character from ANY Disney film in the Emporium? There's been nothing since about Mulan, which is pathetic.
                              Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X