This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Day Western Carribean

Just got the lucky news that I'm going on another Disney Cruise in October 7 Days this time has anyone done the 7 day western Itinerary? If so any pointers?

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Re: 7 Day Western Carribean

We did the 7 Day Western this past December and had a blast! I'm not sure what to offer in terms of pointers. For our excurisions we did the following:

Key West: Just walked around on our own

Grand Cayman: Rum Point Beach and Stingray City combined through Disney (we went through Disney due to the logistics of bus, boat, beach, boat, beach, boat and bus and didn't want to be late returning to the ship)

Cozumel: Taxi and Playa Mia on our own (same as Disney tour but much cheaper since we could pick the option without booze and avoid the Disney markup)

Castaway Cay: Heaven. Teenagers did the Wild Side excursion and loved it. We just hung out and enjoyed. This may be my favorite place on earth, other than home with my family.

So, if you have specific questions about those I can try to answer. Truthfully, I think you'll get your best advice and tips by going to the DisBoards.com cruise section and read/post there. They have a VERY active cruise board with TONS of experts and advice.

Good luck, congrats, and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by CastMember 02 View Post
      Just got the lucky news that I'm going on another Disney Cruise in October 7 Days this time has anyone done the 7 day western Itinerary? If so any pointers?
      Im doing the same one in October!
      Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Comment

I highly recommend Captain Marvin in Grand Cayman for the Stingray City excursion. Take the earlier trip and there is no danger that you'll be late for the ship - you'll have hours to spare. But instead of a huge cattle call, you'll be on a small yacht with a group of no more than about a dozen people.

Captain Marvin's Watersports - Grand Cayman
        Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
        The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Gino USMC What dates we are Oct 17-24

Comment

Gino USMC What dates we are Oct 17-24
            Yes sir!
            Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
            http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Comment

I second Capt Marvins! They started the Stingray tours back in the 50's and are experts. Their office (in '04, might want to double check that they are still there now) was just right down the street where the tender dropped you off.

Our tour was fully booked but not crowded, and we saw a lot of other tours that were just packed on huge boats.

At Cozumel we did the Tulum ruins tour and it was very informative. We enjoyed it a great deal.
              MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                I highly recommend Captain Marvin in Grand Cayman for the Stingray City excursion. Take the earlier trip and there is no danger that you'll be late for the ship - you'll have hours to spare. But instead of a huge cattle call, you'll be on a small yacht with a group of no more than about a dozen people.

Stringray City Excursion- That's the one I really want to do in October! I've heard nothing but great reviews about that!

Comment

Looks like we'll see you there in October!

Comment

So Exciting Have you paid in full yet?

Comment

So Exciting Have you paid in full yet?
                      Aaawww, I was extremely excited but I'm not going after all. Glad you're excited though, have a great time with Mickey and Friends.

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post

YES! Good call Pete. You get SO much more for less by booking this excursion ahead of time and not through the boat. Make sure you buy some of their Rum Cake too there. I recall the brand being "Tortuga".

Comment

Wow. I am going too Oct. 17th!!! Its a bit too far away still, then again, it could be day after tomorrow and I would be saying the same thing. LOL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X