Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Security on the Cruise Ship

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Security on the Cruise Ship

I will be traveling on my first Disney Cruise on August 1. I was wondering how is the security in the cabin? Is there a safe in the room? If so, how big is it?

I plan on bringing my DSLR and Laptop, will that fit in the safe? Should i bring a laptop chain to chain my laptop to the table?

Suggestions would be great!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Re: Security on the Cruise Ship

We were on the May 2008 15 day repo cruise and I brought my laptop, an average sized Sony Vaio. I believe I fit it in the in-room safe once or twice but mostly I left it in the top drawer of the desk. Sometimes I even left it on top of the desk when we went to dinner. We kept our jewelry, passports and credit cards/cash in the safe all the time.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Aaawwww, have fun and take lots of pictures for us!!!

Comment

The security was good. There is a safe, but I didn't feel the need to use it too much. I kept my DSLR in its bag (an authentic WW2 gas mask bag a la Indy), and the laptop out of the way in my backpack. I didn't find much use for the laptop as the internet charges were a little exorbitant. It really just functioned as a dump for the pictures off of my camera.

I know it's kind of silly now that I think about it, but we left our bags on the beach at Castaway Cay as well. For the most part, the other cruisers there aren't of the hardened criminal variety, so we just threw a towel on top of our bags and went to the beach like 20 feet away. Of course, we kept an eye on things and looked back every so often, but yeah. For the most part, your belongings will be safe.

Comment

While I've not sailed Disney Cruise Line, I've done a lot of cruises and for the most part the cabins are secure - as long as you're in possession of your key card. Your cabin steward, room service and the hotel supervisory staff normally have access to your cabin, but they wouldn't be working for the cruise line if they were stealing things. You're just a secure - if not more - as you would be in a good hotel.

That being said, if you can get the laptop in the in-room safe, use it...it's just an extra safeguard.

Comment

The safe in the standard room is not big enough for a laptop.

I wouldn't worry, however, your stateroom is safer than it would be at a hotel. Unlike a hotel only other cruise guests can walk by your room.

In a hotel any one off the street could walk in.

Also, you have a specific "stateroom host" who is the only one (I think) that has access to your room... unlike a hotel that would rotate maid staff.
            sigpic
            Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Did you do a trip report?
              Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
              The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Awww, I need a trip report! Please?
                sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                Disney is my life <3
                Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                Future Imagineer <3
                Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X