Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

4 Magical Days aboard the Disney Wonder

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Pictures from my Wonderful Disney Cruise

Here are some more shots from the ship.

Tritons

The BEST place to eat on the ship

Parrot Cay

Larger view of the Foyer

I love this statue and couldn't stop taking pictures of it

So you can go up, or up??

The 'adult' area of the ship. More adult music, clubs, bars...we spent a good amount of time here.

Inside Animator's Palate

Detailing inside Triton's

All of us inside Animator's Palate along with our Hostess and Server.

Palo. It was very fancy, but nice to be with all adults.

The food was amazing! (Food pictures are coming next) Palo was nice, but the only problem we had was you are supposed to dress nice (jacket for me, pantsuit/dress for women). We were maybe a little over-dressed, but there were people in there wearing flip flops, guys were wearing short sleeve shirts, or they were wearing button up shirts, but looked like they had just come out of the suitcase and were all wrinkled. We enjoyed ourselves, but felt like the dress code could have been better enforced. The 'adult' area was nice. We enjoyed listening to a guy at the piano bar do all Elton John songs for about an hour. He was really talented. The next night he was going to do Sinatra songs, but we ended up doing something different that night.
    Our severs were amazing. If you have never been on a Disney Cruise before what is neat is they follow you from restaurant to restaurant and really get to know what you like and what you don't. Our helpers were amazing. Our head Server was really funny and had something new to show us every night and we always left laughing. He was very personable and knew he could have some fun with us. It was great. The only place they didn't follow us was to Palo because that is not part of the rotation dining. It's something extra that you have to pay for. Not the dinner, but you pay a per person charge to eat there, but then it's just like anywhere else on the ship. You get an appetizer, salad or soup, entre and dessert. Just amazing food...those pictures are coming up next!!
    Wow...I've been gone a long time...but I'm glad to be back!!

Comment

Re: 4 Magical Days aboard the Disney Wonder

More! More! :thumbup:
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
        More! More! :thumbup:
        Thanks! I have tons! I'm trying to post as many as I can without posting them all. It's amazing how many pictures one person can take in only 4 days. And I have 6 days of Disney World to post too!

Comment

Wow. I can't wait until I someday get to take a Disney cruise. I wish I could afford one now.
          The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Very fun! Can't wait till they reposition the Wonder to LA.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Hope you're hungry...cause here comes CRUISE FOOD!!!

Yep, thats right! I'm giving you a warning. Looking at these pictures on an empty stomach is not advised. I recommend you have a snack or something near-by just in case. So you have been warned...

Yep, that's Escargot. It's an option at Triton's. And since it's technically free on the cruise I gave it a try.

I ate every bite! It wasn't that bad. It has the consistency of raw shrimp and really has no taste other than the garlic and butter it's cooked in. It's worth a try if you ever get the chance to try it.

And the best part of any meal, the dessert.

I know it's fruit, but look at it!!

Most of the shots are from dinner at Palo. The design of the plates change too with the locations. Such attention to detail. The menu's change too. At Parrot's Cay the theme of the food is tropical. So Caribbean flavors, like Jerk Chicken, Fish, etc. At Triton's the theme is French, hence the Escargot. But there are also fish options at Triton's which was always confusing to me because why would you eat fish at Triton's. Oh well. At Animator's Palate it's more 'American' food. Palo was Italian themed food. That being said you could pretty much get what you wanted no matter where you were. My dad is picky about what he likes and some days he didn't like the salad or appetizer choices and asked for just a fillet of salmon and he got it. The food was amazing and we ate way too much of it. I should have written down what we had to eat each night because I kinda remember what the pictures are of, but not really. Enjoy them! More are on the way. (But not of food)
              Ok, thats all for now. It's dinner time for me. I have some more pictures of the ship and some pictures of the shows.

Comment

Wonderful Trip Report! Makes me want to do a Disney Cruise even more!
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your great stories and photos. What an awesome gift from your mom's boss.
                  He's a platypus. They don't do much you know.

Comment

What a WONDERFUL trip report!!

Thanks for sharing!:yea:
                    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Comment

Those food shots are fantastic. I'm ready to go right now, if only because I'm so hungry.
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                      Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                        Those food shots are fantastic. I'm ready to go right now, if only because I'm so hungry.
                        Thanks, I can't take all the credit for the food shots. My camera has a food setting that helps take some glare away and make it look like real food. Gotta love new cameras.

Comment

Wonderful photos! I'm glad you shared these, since I'll likely never get the chance to go on a Disney cruise, and if I do it won't be anywhere in the near future.

That's awesome that your camera has a "food option"! Never heard of that. Gorgeous food shots.

sigpic

Comment

I hadn't heard of it either, but it's on the Nikon d5000. I used it a few times, but other times I had to pick the settings because the pictures turned out too bright.

Comment

WOW! What an amazing trip! Thanks for all the photos!

Hoping to go on a Disney cruise when it heads west...
                              Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
                              http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
                              http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

Comment

You had me at dessert! Stomach is now grumbling. Loving this report!

Comment

Great pix so far. Im planning to go on the magic.
                                  Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
                                  http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Comment

Disney Shows on the Disney Wonder

Sorry it's been so long since I added more pictures. Things have been busy around here and then I was sick and didn't much feel like sitting at a computer. But things have settled down, and I'm feeling a little better so here are some more pictures.

The Golden Mickey's was the first night.

Basically it's an award show for all the Disney Films and Ensen Bensen has to do the show and doesn't think she can. But the 'Disney Magic' gets to her and shows that you can do anything if you set your mind to it.

Snow White wins for the first animated film. They make it look like the film here with a screen over her.

They bring up some kids as the dwarfs. But Dopey is there as himself.

Tarzan...swinging from the vines.

Cruella DeVil

Toy Story

Sleeping Beauty. Her dress changes color.

Pocahontas

At the end Ensen gets her courage with a little help from Walt.

Then we are reminded that it all started with a mouse!

The finale, complete with Fireworks.

Comment

Toy Story the Musical and Pirates in the Caribbean Party

The Toy Story Musical was worth seeing, but it was different in my opinion. It was good, but they only used 'You Got A Friend In Me' from the movie. All the other songs were different. The costumes were amazing! The pictures don't do them justice. (And don't worry, I was not using a flash for any of the pictures inside the theater. They were all taking at a sports setting with a high ISO.)

We were in an odd spot and I didn't get too many pictures of the Pirate Party. I wanted to but I didn't had the 55-200 lens so I wasn't getting clear pictures. But the few I did get turned out great, I think. Yes, Disney is allowed to shoot off fireworks at sea and is the only cruise line that is able to do that. Not like what you would see in the parks, but still really cool considering that when you normally see that sort of thing at sea it means Help.

Comment

Just like the others, great pics! Thanks for posting them!

thanks for the review of TS: the musical....I believe it is slated to come to DCA in the future. I really liked the picture of "the claw"...that part looks cool!
                                        Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
                                        http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
                                        http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

Comment

Nice pictures! Its great to see pictures to compare to the other cruise ship.
                                          Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Working...
                                          X