Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AquaDuck

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] AquaDuck

    AquaDuck is a thrilling transparent tube water coaster located at Deck 12, Aft aboard the Disney Dream that propels Guests on an exciting journey off the side of the ship, through the Forward Funnel and—following a 4-deck drop—into a lazy river.
    Now I just need to dig up the, er, negative reactions to my suggestion a few years ago that Disney cruise ships should have rides and be *different* from all other cruise ships out there.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

    I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

    “The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

  • #2
    Re: AquaDuck

    You won't find my name in there I think it's an awesome idea that has been a long time coming. I'm glad they are doing it.

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: AquaDuck

      Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
      Now I just need to dig up the, er, negative reactions to my suggestion a few years ago that Disney cruise ships should have rides and be *different* from all other cruise ships out there.
      Why wouldn't Disney put a ride on their cruise ships? Sounds like a great idea to me. The thing that interests me about the Aquadeck is that the press release mentions that it will dump you into a lazy river, but I can't find any other mention of one in the design details. I would love to use a lazy river on a cruise ship!
      Last edited by MarkTwain; 10-29-2009, 04:22 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: AquaDuck

        If my name is on that list, smack me, because the aquaduck looks awesome! I can't wait to get on it. Do you think they'll have fast pass? j/k
        I want my cake back!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: AquaDuck

          Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
          Why wouldn't Disney put a ride on their cruise ships? Sounds like a great idea to me. The thing that interests me about the Aquadeck is that the press release mentions that it will dump you into a lazy river, but I can't find any other mention of one in the design details. I would love to use a lazy river on a cruise ship!
          I agree. I think the Aquaduck sounds awesome (except the name needs work, IMO), but I want to know more about the lazy river too!
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









          Comment


          • #6
            Re: AquaDuck

            Add me to the list of fans of this idea. It looks fantastic.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: AquaDuck

              Looks like fun.
              New video on the Disney Parks Blog http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-the-aquaduck/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: AquaDuck

                to be honest.... the aqua duck did not impress me. I kind of think it will be an eye sore to the classic ocean liner look the ship is suppose to portray. The inclines look minimal.

                I was hoping for more innovation with the Dreams, not just new resturants and the Aqua Duck. they do look nice but.....

                The state rooms are smaller. Standard inside rooms are only 169sq ft vs 184 on the Magic and Wonder. Ocean views are 204 vs 214 on the Magic and Wonder.

                Typically Disney. Making the staterooms smaller meant just a few more rooms could be squeezed in which means a few more $$$$ in the bank. When the Magic and Wonder came along, Size of the staterooms was strongly marketed and bragged about. You'll notice that isn't the case for Dreams.

                No sorry, as much as I love DCL, The Dreams did not impress me. Dreams is pretty enough but the magic truly impressed the industry in 1998, the look, the size of the staterooms, the rotational dinning, and other innovations. yes, there are other little neat touches, but from the major amenities.... Dreams is a bigger Magic, with more but slightly smaller guest rooms and a masterblaster sytle an Aqua Duck family water slide.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: AquaDuck

                  Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
                  to be honest.... the aqua duck did not impress me. I kind of think it will be an eye sore to the classic ocean liner look the ship is suppose to portray. The inclines look minimal.

                  I was hoping for more innovation with the Dreams, not just new resturants and the Aqua Duck. they do look nice but.....

                  The state rooms are smaller. Standard inside rooms are only 169sq ft vs 184 on the Magic and Wonder. Ocean views are 204 vs 214 on the Magic and Wonder.

                  Typically Disney. Making the staterooms smaller meant just a few more rooms could be squeezed in which means a few more $$$$ in the bank. When the Magic and Wonder came along, Size of the staterooms was strongly marketed and bragged about. You'll notice that isn't the case for Dreams.

                  No sorry, as much as I love DCL, The Dreams did not impress me. Dreams is pretty enough but the magic truly impressed the industry in 1998, the look, the size of the staterooms, the rotational dinning, and other innovations. yes, there are other little neat touches, but from the major amenities.... Dreams is a bigger Magic, with more but slightly smaller guest rooms and a masterblaster sytle an Aqua Duck family water slide.
                  Right now, I too am also very disappointed. I was hoping for some more innovation and something a little more different from the first two ships. However, I am still excited at the possibility of there still being a few more secrets.... But probably not. I also read on the DCL site that the Dream will only be doing the 3 4 and 5 night Bahamian cruises, mainly to lure in new cruisers... Which I don't like because if someone goes on this brand new ship, and then decides they want to go for a longer cruise on the magic or wonder, they might be somewhat let down because their expectations were somewhat higher from the Dream. Also, why should they expect those of us who are already dedicated cruisers, who want to go on longer cruises, go on these very brief cruises, just so we could see the new ship.... Which there really isn't much to see anyway

                  Sorry if that didn't make much since.... I haven't slept in... a long time

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: AquaDuck

                    Is that Hall and Oates inspired music from the video also going to be on the ride?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: AquaDuck

                      However, I am still excited at the possibility of there still being a few more secrets.... But probably not.
                      I can make you happy here. There are plenty of exciting things about the Dream, that Disney has not yet released.
                      Last edited by netjack; 10-31-2009, 12:32 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: AquaDuck

                        Originally posted by netjack View Post
                        I can make you happy here. There are plenty of exciting things about the Dream, that Disney has not yet released.
                        Oh really? Do tell....
                        Well don't if you'll lose your job.
                        I'm really excited... But the staterooms are actually going to be much smaller, as someone already mentioned. It's kind of dissapointing.

                        Standard Inside Stateroom:
                        Magic and Wonder-184 sq. ft.
                        Dream-169 sq. ft.

                        Deluxe Inside Stateroom:
                        Magic and Wonder-214 sq. ft.
                        Dream-204 sq. ft.

                        Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom:
                        Magic and Wonder-214 sq. ft.
                        Dream-204 sq. ft.

                        Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah:
                        Magic and Wonder-268 sq. ft. including verandah
                        Dream-203 sq. ft. excluding verandah

                        Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah:
                        Magic and Wonder-304 sq. ft. including verandah
                        Dream- 256 sq. ft. excluding verandah

                        Concierge Royal Suite with Verandah:
                        Magic and Wonder-1,029 sq. ft. including verandah
                        Dream-approximately 887 to 898 sq. ft. excluding verandah

                        Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah:
                        Magic and Wonder-614 sq. ft. including verandah
                        Dream-536 sq. ft. excluding verandah

                        Looks like Disney is trying to shove as many people as possible on to these newer, bigger ships....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: AquaDuck, room sizes

                          Good Day,

                          I think you need to review your figiures. If you add in the excluded verandahs, you will have rooms about the same size!.....

                          Best Regrads............AKK

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: AquaDuck, room sizes

                            Originally posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
                            If you add in the excluded verandahs, you will have rooms about the same size!.....
                            I don't think the verandahs are quite that big.
                            Thanks for pointing that out though

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: AquaDuck, room sizes

                              Originally posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
                              Good Day,

                              I think you need to review your figiures. If you add in the excluded verandahs, you will have rooms about the same size!.....

                              Best Regrads............AKK
                              Not all the rooms have verandahs. Inside staterooms and ocean view rooms will be much smaller.


                              It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X