Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Disney Cruise lines should have trips from Tokyo & Hong Kong

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Disney Cruise lines should have trips from Tokyo & Hong Kong

I hope Princess' new Japan cruises that power out of Tokyo
    will inspire Disney to cruise to Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai; and use the ships as a base to explore these interesting cities (preferably with three nights in each city they don't depart from or return to), with special options--like early or late-night special entry to Tokyo's Pooh--for Disney Cruisers.

Below is a link to an interesting article with another link to Princess's 2015 Japan cruise information:
    14 amazing cruises setting sail in 2015 - CNN.com

This is the third thread I've started about this, but the older ones close because there's less traffic in the Disney Cruise section of Micechat.

Below is a link to an old (closed) thread with a link to an even older thread on this topic:
    http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...-shanghai.html

Yes, I repeatedly write this when I write about Tokyo, but getting up very early and going to the enormous, perfectly clean (and odorless except for the weak, surprisingly pleasant scent of nothing but fresh fish) Tokyo fish market is a must see. They closed the giant market and replaced it with an even larger one.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-25-2014, 11:29 AM.

Re: Disney Cruise lines should have trips from Tokyo & Hong Kong

I completely agree. I've been waiting for them to add Asian cruises. And since both Hong Kong Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland are seaside parks, it would be a shame for the cruise line to continue to neglect them!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

I agree as well.

Might as well add Shanghai Disneyland to that list also.
      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
      Walt Disney

Comment

This is a little off-topic and the subject of another thread I started, but this article:
        LA Times

made me want to go on a cruise more than any article I've ever read.
        I love the experience we had in Alaska on a Disney Cruise, and I'd love to do ride one to Norway.
        Going to exotic (to me) ports in Asia could be right up there.

Comment

We too would love to see DCL in Asia. When I asked a CM why ABD didn't have a trip which included the three park sites in Asia in the works their answer was "Because Disney doesn't own those parks". OMG they may not own them outright but certainly have a huge financial stake. I asked her if they owned Barcelona.

Comment

Originally posted by valbob89 View Post
            We too would love to see DCL in Asia. When I asked a CM why ABD didn't have a trip which included the three park sites in Asia in the works their answer was "Because Disney doesn't own those parks". OMG they may not own them outright, but they certainly have a huge financial stake. I asked her if they owned Barcelona.
            Funny!

Comment

Last edited by Pips; 06-18-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I think Hong Kong Disneyland does have a ship dock nearby that's large enough to accommodate cruise ships. It has never been used.

Comment

Re: Disney Cruise lines should have trips from Tokyo to Hong Kong with a stop in Shanghai. I linked a similar cruise below, though I'd rather that Disney's be 8 or 9 nights.

I would just like to reiterate my interest and enthusiasm for an Asian cruise. Also, Micechat, I would be willing to review such a cruise with my family if expenses were paid. (My offer to review a Disney Norway cruise still stands.)
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 09-21-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Here's a cruise that uses Hong Kong and Tokyo (with a stop in Shanghai) as starting and ending points, and that stops in Shanghai.
                    http://www.silversea.com/destinations/asia-cruise/3528/

http://www.silversea.com/destinations/asia-cruise/3528/

I'd love Disney to do this in shorter (8 or 9 nights) cruises back and forth between these two cities, with special park options I mentioned in posts above so guests could experience the best of all four of Disney's Asian theme parks.

Comment

This sounds awesome! I hope they do this!

Comment

Originally posted by JediPrincess View Post
                        This sounds awesome! I hope they do this!
                        Well, JP, I started the first of three threads on this in June of 2012 and the company has yet to announce this and offer to let me go for free.

Nor has Micechat, the ultimate insiders sometimes, found out about such a cruise and offered to pay for me to review it from the Roy or Walt Disney Suite.

Maybe after Shanghai Disneyland opens in June. I may have to start a 4th thread if this one is closed before then.

"Dear Tom/Jcruise86,
                        Since the three Disney resort Asia Disney Cruise hasn't been announced yet, would you and your family be willing to review the Disney Cruise to Norway? Of course, Micechat will covert all expenses."
                        --Dusty"

Yes! (And I wrote that letter "from Dusty" just in case you want to cut and paste it. That's the considerate kind of guy I am.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post

I completely agree. I've been waiting for them to add Asian cruises. And since both Hong Kong Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland are seaside parks, it would be a shame for the cruise line to continue to neglect them!
                          I never really did quote Todd/Dusty, but he supported this idea in 2014 so I thought I'd better quote that now before this thread is closed and I have to start yet another one just like it. Yes, I'd really like to Disney Cruise in Asia so I'm posting again even though I posted the last post on this thread just over a year and 4 months ago.

Just make this cruise happen, send my family for free, and I'll stop these annual reiterations of my interest & enthusiasm for the idea.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X