Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News DVC announces BLT and Treehouse Villas!

From the Orlando Sentinel:

The Walt Disney Co.'s rapidly growing time-share division takes an aggressive step forward today when it unveils plans for two new resorts in Orlando -- even as Disney Vacation Club battles some of the strongest financial headwinds it has ever faced.

Disney this morning will formally reveal plans for its Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, confirming earlier reports that the 15-story tower rising just beyond the Magic Kingdom will be used for time shares. The company also will unveil plans to sell time shares at the Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, a secluded community of 60 units that is being rebuilt in a forested pocket of Walt Disney World.

The twin announcements ensure that Celebration-based Disney Vacation Club, which has grown to nine resorts and more than 350,000 members, will have more time shares for sale in 2009 than it has ever had before.
    Full story is available HERE

BLT will open on Sept 1, 2009. BLT owners can make reservations starting Mar 1, 2009.

BLT Points cost $112. Members who purchase a min of 100 points get a $5 incentive ($107 per point). Dues are about $3.67 per point.

BLT views include Magic Kingdom (20%), Lake View (70%) and Std View (10%).

Last edited by DVC Mike; 09-16-2008, 12:16 PM.
    DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Re: DVC announces BLT and Treehouse Villas!

Here's the video link being sent to DVC members: (Sorry but don't know how to embed a YouTube link in a post (Any help?)

YouTube - Deevy See's Revealing Report
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

Thanks for the link! I hope the new DVC is succesful.

Comment

I am definitely buying points at Bay Lake Tower!
        DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Comment

Kinn Tutas
          Lic. Real Estate Broker
          Garden Views Realty, Inc.
          www.ResalesDVC.com - Disney Vacation Club Resales with the Tutas Family!

Comment

I want my BLT:thumbup:
            AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
            Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
            Older photo
            New Photo

Member of
            MiceChat WDW Trip
            Next trip
            2014 Dec, 31

Comment

If you're already a DVC Member, you can take the BLT Virtual Tour !
              DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Comment

We added on 200 points at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Comment

Congrats!!!! Wow - you've got some serious disposable income.
                  Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

I went a looked at it. Both the mock ups, and took a sea raycer around next to it.

I am going to spend my bucks to add on at either SSR or AKL.

The decor is not to my tastes, and the point costs are on the high side.

I am sure that someday I will stay there just to say I did, but it really does not appeal to me in any way (price, points, or decor)

-dave
                    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

OK At the Bay Lake Tower - MKV - = Magic Kingdom view. LV = Lake view but what does SV mean?(Standard view of the car park?)

A couple more concept art shots:

Bar area -

Space Mountain view_

Having looked at points per night at other DVC resorts this one seems "over pricey". It's at least 10 points more per night on average. Fair enough it's a 5 minute walk to MK but it is, after all, only a glorified condo. A grand villa for a week at AKL is 735 points. (Magic season) The equivalent at BLTR is 1065. A lot of points just to watch the fireworks IMHO.
                      Last edited by geoffa; 10-04-2008, 02:41 AM.

Comment

This email sent out to DVC members today:

Comment

the Model room are open to each day 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm at Disney Saratoga spring resort.
                          AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                          Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                          Older photo
                          New Photo

Member of
                          MiceChat WDW Trip
                          Next trip
                          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by geoffa View Post
                            OK At the Bay Lake Tower - MKV - = Magic Kingdom view. LV = Lake view but what does SV mean?(Standard view of the car park?)
                            Having looked at points per night at other DVC resorts this one seems "over pricey". It's at least 10 points more per night on average. Fair enough it's a 5 minute walk to MK but it is, after all, only a glorified condo. A grand villa for a week at AKL is 735 points. (Magic season) The equivalent at BLTR is 1065. A lot of points just to watch the fireworks IMHO.
                            Yes, SV is the "car park"

Your opinon matches my opinion. I think I'll pass on this.

I forget who I was talking to about this, but there is a feeling that there will be a lot contracts on the re-sale market soon. Lots of people are buying to get their name on the fountain.

-dave
                            "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                            "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
                              Lots of people are buying to get their name on the fountain.

-dave
                              I could care less about getting my name on the fountain. I am looking forward to staying at BLT for many years to come!
                              DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X