X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Passport Collection Change

DVC is switching from Interval International back to RCI:

With a growing number of Members exploring a world of vacation destinations beyond their Home Resorts, Disney Vacation Club is committed to ensuring that those Member Getaways exchanges present the best and most diverse experiences possible. It's with this commitment in mind that Disney Vacation Club has formed a relationship with RCI, the world's largest vacation-exchange company, effective Jan. 1, 2009.

While Members will continue to choose from more than 500 destinations across six continents and 25 countries, the enhanced Member Getaways program will offer a significantly broader range of resort experiences, length-of-stay options (including more nightly exchanges) and more.

Members will receive more details by mail and here on the Web site beginning in late December, and the new Vacation Planner is scheduled to begin mailing in the late spring.

To ensure a smooth transition to RCI, Members may continue to confirm available exchanges through the current World Passport Collection through Dec. 31, 2008, and all exchanges booked by that deadline will be honored.
    DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Re: World Passport Collection Change

What do you think this will do to the types of exchanges that are offered? Do you think this is an upgrade or status quo? I know they used to be associated with RCI--what happened for them to make the switch back and forth?
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver7 View Post
      What do you think this will do to the types of exchanges that are offered? Do you think this is an upgrade or status quo? I know they used to be associated with RCI--what happened for them to make the switch back and forth?
      What remember It was another Timeshaire and RCI was only One week.
      Look at RCI web site I'm think that change to a points system Like Disney.
      AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
      Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
      Older photo
      New Photo

Member of
      MiceChat WDW Trip
      Next trip
      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

I'm a little bummed about this only because I recently purchased a 2 year II membership mainly because of the ability to exchange into DVC. I also love the Flexchange program with II, does RCI have a similar program?
        Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
        ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Comment

RCI is a better partner for Disney. They have a much larger collection of properties. And I'm sure Disney hopes that at least some of the RCI people end up buying into DVC as well.

What I'm curious about is the exchange value. Will our DVC points transfer at a higher value than they did under Interval International? I'm looking forward to seeing the exchange charts.
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I was at the DVC owners meeting today at BDWK and the RCI representative said that there will be many luxury resorts offering 1 and up night stays which should be much more user friendly than II's requirement of 1 week. 500 hand picked properties plus over 4,000 RCI resorts. As for point requirements for a 1 week stay, not discussed. RCI called Disney the best developer in the timeshare industry. Being a member of RCI will allow you to use the Hilton Grand Vacations exchanges as well as properties like the Manhattan Club. Of course, Disney and RCI made it sound like a perfect match. We'll see.
            Kinn Tutas
            Lic. Real Estate Broker
            Garden Views Realty, Inc.
            www.ResalesDVC.com - Disney Vacation Club Resales with the Tutas Family!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X