Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

BLT Elevator

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLT Elevator

I was watching DVC Mike's video on Bay Lake Tower and one shot is of the floors in the elevator I noticed that there is no 13th floor. Some one must be superstitious. Not sure if this was brought up before.

Re: BLT Elevator

Actually, it is fairly common not to have a 13th floor in high rises. I didn't realize Disney did it though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Now that you mention it I realize I never saw a 13th floor at the All-Star Resorts...

Just kidding. But then BLT is probably one of the highest Disney-owned building at WDW. How many floors does CR have? Isn't California Grill on the 11th or 12th floor?

Comment

The Tower is also missing a 13th floor. Cali Grill is on the top floor, the 15th (really the 14th).

Comment

I wouldn't want to stay on the 13th floor anywhere. Most buildings as I understand do skip the 13th. Dont mess with karma.
          Last edited by Cbum; 03-25-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbum View Post
            I wouldn't wat to stay on the 13th floor anywhere. Most buildings as I understand do skip the 13th. Dont mess with karma.
            But then the 14th floor is really the 13th anyway. Though I would be wary too of staying on a floor marked 13th!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Generally, this is just done for marketing, IMHO. Honestly, they get to build a whole less floor, but still get to promote the building as 'X' number of floors, when it's really 'X'-1. It's a smart marketing thing, and no one cares.
              -Monorail Man

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X