This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLT Elevator

I was watching DVC Mike's video on Bay Lake Tower and one shot is of the floors in the elevator I noticed that there is no 13th floor. Some one must be superstitious. Not sure if this was brought up before.

Re: BLT Elevator

Actually, it is fairly common not to have a 13th floor in high rises. I didn't realize Disney did it though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Now that you mention it I realize I never saw a 13th floor at the All-Star Resorts...

Just kidding. But then BLT is probably one of the highest Disney-owned building at WDW. How many floors does CR have? Isn't California Grill on the 11th or 12th floor?

Comment

The Tower is also missing a 13th floor. Cali Grill is on the top floor, the 15th (really the 14th).

Comment

I wouldn't want to stay on the 13th floor anywhere. Most buildings as I understand do skip the 13th. Dont mess with karma.
          Last edited by Cbum; 03-25-2010, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbum View Post
            I wouldn't wat to stay on the 13th floor anywhere. Most buildings as I understand do skip the 13th. Dont mess with karma.
            But then the 14th floor is really the 13th anyway. Though I would be wary too of staying on a floor marked 13th!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Generally, this is just done for marketing, IMHO. Honestly, they get to build a whole less floor, but still get to promote the building as 'X' number of floors, when it's really 'X'-1. It's a smart marketing thing, and no one cares.
              -Monorail Man

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X